Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Oh. You should.
    Birds of Prey
    Domino
    Deadpool All great books!
    LOL! Don't forget Agent X

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-24-2024 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Some nice Rogue moments this episode.

spoilers:
    I liked that Kurt acknowledged the adoptive sibling angle. Also Valerie Cooper is missing... still think she's Mystique. Loved seeing her tearing apart the Hulk prison, sad we didn't see more of that. Rogue's taken a darker turn this episode, she is completley bloodthirsty and willing to kill at this point. Not that I blame her, Genosha would be intense for anyone and tragedy like that does radicalize people. I'm not sure what is gonna pull her back though. I get the sinking feeling we might get Age of Apocalypse as the cliff-hanger for S2...
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Wonderful spotlight for Rogue and loved her sibling moments with Kurt. Definitely think Val is Mystique. Can't wait to see Mystique reunite with her children. Gambit's funeral was a shock to me because I really thought time travel would bring him back instantly. Having him buried really reinforced the idea that he's really dead. I'm also getting vibes that Apocalypse will be returning, sooner rather than later, in which case hoping Gambit gets revived through him.

Cap's reference to his friends made me hope that Carol Danvers might come up. I wonder if we'll see that in a later season and if Rogue will ever lose her Ms. Marvel powers and maybe go the X-Treme X-Men route.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    spoilers:
    Wonderful spotlight for Rogue and loved her sibling moments with Kurt. Definitely think Val is Mystique. Can't wait to see Mystique reunite with her children. Gambit's funeral was a shock to me because I really thought time travel would bring him back instantly. Having him buried really reinforced the idea that he's really dead. I'm also getting vibes that Apocalypse will be returning, sooner rather than later, in which case hoping Gambit gets revived through him.

Cap's reference to his friends made me hope that Carol Danvers might come up. I wonder if we'll see that in a later season and if Rogue will ever lose her Ms. Marvel powers and maybe go the X-Treme X-Men route.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I feel like the the time-travel episode will be next, but with an explanation that Cable is unable to change the past anymore. We've been getting hints about Death Gambit, so that feels like the more likely option to have him back, with a dramatic twist.

I do think that we'll probably eventually get a Carol vs Rogue confrontation later-on, it's a hanging plot-thread and Rogue should confront that past-conflict head-on. Plus it's just the type of drama that this series seem to do well with and reacquaint people with Rogue's backstory. As for X-Treme, I could see them getting there eventually, just curious if we'll get Rogue absorbing the skrull girl story-line first.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    spoilers:
    I feel like the the time-travel episode will be next, but with an explanation that Cable is unable to change the past anymore. We've been getting hints about Death Gambit, so that feels like the more likely option to have him back, with a dramatic twist.

I do think that we'll probably eventually get a Carol vs Rogue confrontation later-on, it's a hanging plot-thread and Rogue should confront that past-conflict head-on. Plus it's just the type of drama that this series seem to do well with and reacquaint people with Rogue's backstory. As for X-Treme, I could see them getting there eventually, just curious if we'll get Rogue absorbing the skrull girl story-line first.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, it's because obvious at this point that time travel is no longer an option because they're not going to undo all the emotional trauma from Genosha's genocide. Which means most of the mutants like Maddie, Banshee, Marrow, Dazzler, Callisto, Shaw, etc. will probably remain dead except for whoever else comes back like Gambit as a Horseman. I can see Banshee being one of the most likely choices. Dazzler seems like an odd one to kill off especially if she really is debuting in the MCU played by Taylor Swift. We've never seen her as a Horseman before but that might only make her return a bigger twist. Maddie's death felt too sudden after investing so much time in her which makes me think she might return as a Horseman too. Magneto still being alive makes me wonder if Leech and the others he was with are dead or not. I think out of all the character deaths after Gambit, Leech is the one I can't bear. Don't remember if Angel was killed or not but if he was, I guess he'll be returning as a Horseman too.

With Carol being a more high-profile character now, it seems like the type of thing that would be addressed. That might be something that's being saved for when Mystique is fully back in the picture as well. In future seasons, I can see the X-Men going to space to deal with Deathbird since with Xavier not around, she'll probably be able to successfully pull a coup, in which case maybe we'll see the Skrull part then.
    end of spoilers

I think this will definitely rank as one of my favorite Rogue episodes overall and she's had quite a few good ones.

spoilers:
    Yeah, it's because obvious at this point that time travel is no longer an option because they're not going to undo all the emotional trauma from Genosha's genocide. Which means most of the mutants like Maddie, Banshee, Marrow, Dazzler, Callisto, Shaw, etc. will probably remain dead except for whoever else comes back like Gambit as a Horseman. I can see Banshee being one of the most likely choices. Dazzler seems like an odd one to kill off especially if she really is debuting in the MCU played by Taylor Swift. We've never seen her as a Horseman before but that might only make her return a bigger twist. Maddie's death felt too sudden after investing so much time in her which makes me think she might return as a Horseman too. Magneto still being alive makes me wonder if Leech and the others he was with are dead or not. I think out of all the character deaths after Gambit, Leech is the one I can't bear. Don't remember if Angel was killed or not but if he was, I guess he'll be returning as a Horseman too.

With Carol being a more high-profile character now, it seems like the type of thing that would be addressed. That might be something that's being saved for when Mystique is fully back in the picture as well. In future seasons, I can see the X-Men going to space to deal with Deathbird since with Xavier not around, she'll probably be able to successfully pull a coup, in which case maybe we'll see the Skrull part then.
    end of spoilers

I think this will definitely rank as one of my favorite Rogue episodes overall and she's had quite a few good ones.
    spoilers:
    Yea, I initially wanted Gambit back asap, but the emotional pay-off would feel cheap. I've warmed up to the idea of Gambit coming back in a dark way and taunting Rogue about being the cause of his death. They could go real dark with this version of Death Gambit, due to the tragic way he died. Then have Rogue pull him back from "death" in a way similar to X-Treme X-Men. As for all the deaths on Genosha, I feel like some might stick. I'm not sure the writing team will be interested in exploring Moira's connection to Krakoa. Though they could explain it was a golem that died here, like they did with some of Moira's past deaths in the comics.

Looking forward to the impending Avengers and X-Men drama. I enjoyed the little call-back to Uncanny Avengers, with Rogue carrying around Captain America's shield. That's not a connection I ever thought they'd explore, but they might do it on a later season who knows.

As for as Rogue goes, she's gonna need a lot of time to heal from this. She's got a ton of boiling anger right under the skin. She might have cried it out briefly with Kurt, but it's clear by how she dropped Trask she's not gonna be ready to forgive anytime soon.

It was a great episode! Love seeing Rogue cut loose, just hope that we see use her absorption powers in an offensive manner later in the finale. I want that iconic Rogue vs Bastion scene!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yea, I initially wanted Gambit back asap, but the emotional pay-off would feel cheap. I've warmed up to the idea of Gambit coming back in a dark way and taunting Rogue about being the cause of his death. They could go real dark with this version of Death Gambit, due to the tragic way he died. Then have Rogue pull him back from "death" in a way similar to X-Treme X-Men. As for all the deaths on Genosha, I feel like some might stick. I'm not sure the team will be interested in exploring Moira's connection to Krakoa. Though they could explain it was a golem that died here, like they did with some of Moira's past deaths in the comics.

Looking forward to the impending Avengers and X-Men drama. I enjoyed the little call-back to Uncanny Avengers, with Rogue carrying around his shield. That's not a connection I ever thought they'd explore, but they might do it on season who knows.

As for as Rogue goes, she's gonna need a lot of time to heal from this. She's got a boiling anger right under the skin. She might have cried it out briefly with Kurt, but it's clear by how she dropped Trask she's not gonna be ready to forgive anytime soon.

It was a great episode! Love seeing Rogue cut loose, just hope that we see use her absorption powers in an offensive manner later in the finale. I want that iconic Rogue vs Bastion scene!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    As long as he comes back for good at some point, I'm okay with dragging it out for Rogue to be haunted by Death Gambit. I can see Death Gambit blaming Rogue for his death and reminding her that she chose Magneto over him. Maybe even targeting Magneto at some point. Good point about how they can use Moira's death as a plot point.

I was definitely hoping that Rogue would get an UA shoutout so I'm glad we got that after all.

I don't think Rogue has ever absorbed multiple powersets in the original show so that's something I'd like to see her use against Bastion because it's clear she's got a axe to grind and she's going to need all the powers she can get to go up against him if he's as powerful as they're making him out to be. With Nightcrawler around, we can even see something similar to how she looked in UXM 194. That was up against Nimrod, who may or may not be connected to Bastion in this show as well, so it would be quite thematic for Rogue to go all Super-Skrull on him.

With rumors about the X-Men getting new costumes, I'm also curious if Rogue will scrap this one for a darker, more haunted look to reflect her emotional turmoil. I'm thinking her classic hooded costume since that's the one she wears most often in the comics and always goes back to. It would fit next to Storm's 70s Cockrum design.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    As long as he comes back for good at some point, I'm okay with dragging it out for Rogue to be haunted by Death Gambit. I can see Death Gambit blaming Rogue for his death and reminding her that she chose Magneto over him. Maybe even targeting Magneto at some point. Good point about how they can use Moira's death as a plot point.

I was definitely hoping that Rogue would get an UA shoutout so I'm glad we got that after all.

I don't think Rogue has ever absorbed multiple powersets in the original show so that's something I'd like to see her use against Bastion because it's clear she's got a axe to grind and she's going to need all the powers she can get to go up against him if he's as powerful as they're making him out to be. With Nightcrawler around, we can even see something similar to how she looked in UXM 194. That was up against Nimrod, who may or may not be connected to Bastion in this show as well, so it would be quite thematic for Rogue to go all Super-Skrull on him.

With rumors about the X-Men getting new costumes, I'm also curious if Rogue will scrap this one for a darker, more haunted look to reflect her emotional turmoil. I'm thinking her classic hooded costume since that's the one she wears most often in the comics and always goes back to. It would fit next to Storm's 70s Cockrum design.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yes, it'd be iconic and remind me people that Rogue's absorption powers are a strong asset even when compared just to her flying brick powerset.

Oh I like that connection, yea the green hood would go well with what is essentially Evil Brotherhood!Rogue 2.0. One thing I hope we don't end up on is hopefully not Rogue joining Magneto if they go into AOA. I'm tired of the love triangle, please let it die.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yes, it'd be iconic and remind me people that Rogue's absorption powers are a strong asset even when compared just to her flying brick powerset.

Oh I like that connection, yea the green hood would go well with what is essentially Evil Brotherhood!Rogue 2.0. One thing I hope we don't end up on is hopefully not Rogue joining Magneto if they go into AOA. I'm tired of the love triangle, please let it die.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's what I'm worried about but I think even if they go the AoA route, Rogue will only join him because she believes his stance is correct and the X-Men aren't doing enough. I don't think she'll join to rekindle her romance with him and Magneto will respect that since this won't be a straight AoA adaptation and I'm assuming there won't be any time jump or anything like that.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That's what I'm worried about but I think even if they go the AoA route, Rogue will only join him because she believes his stance is correct and the X-Men aren't doing enough. I don't think she'll join to rekindle her romance with him and Magneto will respect that since this won't be a straight AoA adaptation and I'm assuming there won't be any time jump or anything like that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Fingers crossed it won't be happening and it's just me overthinking it.
    end of spoilers

Again, Lenore Zann deserves an Emmy.

spoilers:
    Holy smokes. Seeing Rogue tear up the landscape was great, her conversation with Cap was a nice nod to Uncanny Avengers (potential spin off, maybe?), but that twist near the end? Wow. Clearly, I am a Romy fan, so I was like, huh, she's taking Gambit's death better than expected, so that twist when she drops Trask over the edge of the building? *jaw dropped* I don't know how I feel about it for her as a character (is it in character, is it not?), but I did really like the scene. I liked how she essentially manipulated the team (telling Nightcrawler that she was losing her head over just some "boy") in order to let her get her hands on Trask and exact her revenge. Wow.

I also liked how she and Kurt are referring to each other was siblings. Loved that.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:
    Holy smokes. Seeing Rogue tear up the landscape was great, her conversation with Cap was a nice nod to Uncanny Avengers (potential spin off, maybe?), but that twist near the end? Wow. Clearly, I am a Romy fan, so I was like, huh, she's taking Gambit's death better than expected, so that twist when she drops Trask over the edge of the building? *jaw dropped* I don't know how I feel about it for her as a character (is it in character, is it not?), but I did really like the scene. I liked how she essentially manipulated the team (telling Nightcrawler that she was losing her head over just some "boy") in order to let her get her hands on Trask and exact her revenge. Wow.

I also liked how she and Kurt are referring to each other was siblings. Loved that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Everyone seems unanimous in wanting an Uncanny Avengers team with Rogue on it.

Rogue dropping Trask seems less unanimous. I'd love to see a poll on it for Rogue fans to see who thinks it was in character vs who thinks it wasn't. Personally I thought it was in character but I've also been re-reading her older appearances where she's a villain or still newly reformed and thus has more of an edge than the rest of the X-Men like Kitty, Kurt, and Piotr.

I actually don't think she was manipulating Kurt during their tender emotional scene together. There were no pretenses on her part. She was an emotional wreck and needed to sob to someone about losing Gambit because it was hitting her then that he wasn't coming back (which I think was true for fans as well).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think it's in-character. Rogue will kill in extreme circumstances and when she is in a volatile state of mind.

She tried to kill Carol during her Brotherhood days, killed Scarlet Witch in Uncanny Avengers and just recently killed Apocalypse in Excalibur (though he was revived).

I agree the manipulation being interesting, she played into their sympathy to get close to him. Her understanding of people's feelings being expressed that way was fun, if obviously sad and concerning for her mental state.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I think it's in-character. Rogue will kill in extreme circumstances and when she is in a volatile state of mind.

She tried to kill Carol during her Brotherhood days, killed Scarlet Witch in Uncanny Avengers and just recently killed Apocalypse in Excalibur (though he was revived).

I agree the manipulation being interesting, she played into their sympathy to get close to him. Her understanding of people's feelings being expressed that way was fun, if obviously sad and concerning for her mental state.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yes, true, but what shocked me, I guess, is that Trask was more or less defenceless (or at least, we assumed he was) and she dropped him off a building in front of the team. Don't get me wrong, I'm like Wolverine, I approve, but it did make me pause for a minute.

Good episode, some tough parts to watch (i.e. Gambit's funeral), but seeing Rogue snap was pretty epic.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.