Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I missed that part of the AGE OF APOCALYPSE relationship btw Mystique/Rogue/Magneto or any relationship btw Rogue/Raven in that timeline, for that matter.
    Where was that story told?
    It’s from one of the prequels, X-Men Chronicles #1 (1995):

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Their dance is a mirror for the couple in the club that Rogue is watching in the first episode. She wants to be them and then gets to be them- then realises it isn't exactly what she wanted.
    So much this. So many people throwing shade at Rogue when all the show did was mash up a bunch of stories to hurry along a storyline. I'm not a Romy fan at all but I do respect both characters in their own right. I don't hate the Rogue and Magneto pairing but they could have placed the timing of their meeting like in the book where she had to be in her early twenties. On top of that wasn't Magneto de-aged at one point and then re-aged by Eric the red to his prime before the savage land? Yeah, he is old but not that old. Then again, its comics. I'm convinced they all stop aging at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    So much this. So many people throwing shade at Rogue when all the show did was mash up a bunch of stories to hurry along a storyline. I'm not a Romy fan at all but I do respect both characters in their own right. I don't hate the Rogue and Magneto pairing but they could have placed the timing of their meeting like in the book where she had to be in her early twenties. On top of that wasn't Magneto de-aged at one point and then re-aged by Eric the red to his prime before the savage land? Yeah, he is old but not that old. Then again, its comics. I'm convinced they all stop aging at one point.
    I detest the pairing more because of the power dynamic and the 'what the hell does Magneto see in her other than a fine ass' factor. AOA!Magneto was a toxic predator (although I don't think the writers intended it to come across that way, but that says more about the 90s).

I don't want comic Magneto to be an Al Pacino type who keeps dating young women awed by his fame and power. Professor X is enough of a toxic man for one franchise.

What do they talk about after sex? Proust? Fixing cars? Am I really supposed to believe the only two people Magneto respects as his equal are Professor X and Rogue?

Rogue comes out of it looking naive and vulnerable, but she is naive and vulnerable, even now.

Yea, I don't think Magneto came out looking good there. I think he's actually been written pretty well outside of that, but then you include the triangle...

But hopefully we're done with it and can move on. Bring on Mystique, Carol Danvers, and X-Treme X-Men plots for Rogue now. Heck, I wouldn't even mind the "random skrull made my powers REALLY go out of control" plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Ha this is how I feel. At some point in comics, I just see it as an adult is an adult and a kid is a kid.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yea, I don't think Magneto came out looking good there. I think he's actually been written pretty well outside of that, but then you include the triangle...

But hopefully we're done with it and can move on. Bring on Mystique, Carol Danvers, and X-Treme X-Men plots for Rogue now. Heck, I wouldn't even mind the "random skrull made my powers REALLY go out of control" plot.
    Yeah, it's such a weird shift to see scenes like Magneto's UN speech and some of his great one-liners and then go to him being petty towards Gambit because he's vying for Rogue
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I detest the pairing more because of the power dynamic and the 'what the hell does Magneto see in her other than a fine ass' factor. AOA!Magneto was a toxic predator (although I don't think the writers intended it to come across that way, but that says more about the 90s).

I don't want comic Magneto to be an Al Pacino type who keeps dating young women awed by his fame and power. Professor X is enough of a toxic man for one franchise.

What do they talk about after sex? Proust? Fixing cars? Am I really supposed to believe the only two people Magneto respects as his equal are Professor X and Rogue?

Rogue comes out of it looking naive and vulnerable, but she is naive and vulnerable, even now.

I laughed a little to loud at work at that one Lol.
    I'm sure Magneto respects more people than those two. Having a close relationship w/both who he holds high regards to doesn't mean they can't be seen as his equal in his circle. (Not based on power)
    I feel like most writers don't know how to write Rogue any other way besides naïve and vulnerable. I get characters should show vulnerability and naivety but they should be able to learn and move past that. We all know that Rogue is a lot less naïve and more resilient at times than she used to be currently. Let's hope Uncanny will be well written for Rogue and her crew

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post

Geez even the art for the AOA equivalent of X-Men Unlimited was amazing. Terry Dodson in issue 1, Ian Churchill in issue 2. No wonder people look back on this event so fondly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, it's such a weird shift to see scenes like Magneto's UN speech and some of his great one-liners and then go to him being petty towards Gambit because he's vying for Rogue
    I think it's great that the writers had Magneto say he views Xavier giving him the estate and the team as a "challenge". It says a lot about his mind-set, along with things like pouring sugar into Rogue's coffee.

Very different to Gambit's approach to life.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The whole Rogue/Magneto AoA relationship really creeped me out at the time and it was Wanda who was the one who told her to be there for him in not so many words. Just to be clear I love Wanda, or at least the old one. The "No More Mutants" and forward version, not so much.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Rogue fan breaks down when watching and breaking down episode 5.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvhHBSImPq4

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post

Those images were nice. The Relationship developmente was weird. AOA ROGNETO is like Reed and Sue of their universe.

I enjoyed the relationship in AOA. I think the fact that Magneto looked younger in AOA makes a difference, in X-Men 97 he looks like he could be her Grandpa.