Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Nice work, who's the artist?
    He is rumored to be the artist of the Rogue lead team . His name is David Marquez.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    He is rumored to be the artist of the Rogue lead team . His name is David Marquez.
    Thanks.

Hopefully he has the job, he draws a nice looking Rogue.

Astonishing Member

He draws a nice looking everybody, lol. He drew the wedding issue, too.

This is so cute and hit me right in the feels. T_T

The more I see promo art for the new series, the less the style seems to resemble the Larry Houston/Will Meugniot series visuals. Original thought was that it wold mimic the OG style but with better animation...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The more I see promo art for the new series, the less the style seems to resemble the Larry Houston/Will Meugniot series visuals. Original thought was that it wold mimic the OG style but with better animation...

I'm glad they went with Amelia, though... From what little we've seen, it looks way more fluid.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

It's been an exciting week for Rogue.

We've gotten new clips from 97' and the animation looks amazing.

More relevant to CBR is the recent news of Rogue's new book! She and Gambit are gonna star in Uncanny X-Men along with Nightcrawler, Wolverine, and Jubilee as well as what it sounds like new characters. They're going to New Orleans as mutant outlaws, which to me sounds perfect for these two. Very excited to see what Gail Simone and David Marquez have in store for us!

Also Rogue's costume got a tiny update, her boots are brown and the uniform has a slightly updated design. As well as a pull-up hood.

I really like the tied jacket

I want to see it fully drawn by Marquez. I do love the little details like the hood and jacket, but ngl I wish they'd done a more drastic change. But beggars can't be choosers, I am super excited about almost everything else I am hearing from this team.

Yes! Return of the hood!

Can't wait to see Rogue lead this team. The relationships/friendships between these members should make for some great banter and storylines.

Love the amount of connections in the team as well.

Gail describes the atmosphere as southern gothic? That's interesting, I think the bayous of New Orleans can carry that mysterious and supernatural feel to them. True Blood vibes

I wonder if the Thieves Guild will be involved? I mean they're being called outlaws so...

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

More relevant to CBR is the recent news of Rogue's new book! She and Gambit are gonna star in Uncanny X-Men along with Nightcrawler, Wolverine, and Jubilee as well as what it sounds like new characters. They're going to New Orleans as mutant outlaws, which to me sounds perfect for these two. Very excited to see what Gail Simone and David Marquez have in store for us!

Also Rogue's costume got a tiny update, her boots are brown and the uniform has a slightly updated design. As well as a pull-up hood.

Slightly better. But not by much...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Why are they so hell-bent on keeping her in her 90's get-up? (that's a rhetorical question...I know why. I just doesn't make sense to me.)

I really hate the brown accessories. I can't help but think it would look so much better if they just stuck with a black and dark green scheme. Keep the military feel (since apparently giving her something completely new is unimaginable and impossible) but switch out the colours.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I do think different colors would make it feel more fresh. I loved a lot of the color variants from X-Men vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom 2, so wish they'd experiment with the color scheme more.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

I like the option with the hood! Fun blend of her different eras.

I think I’d mind that she’s just in a slightly tweaked version of her ‘90s rags far less if she’d gotten the same Cher Horowitz revolving closet of options that all the other notable female mutants did during Krakoa. Bizarre how some are now on makeover number four, while the most poor Rogue got was the Excalibur reworking her entire team received lmao. I’m staying optimistic, because David Marquez can elevate anything, but yeah. Yet another reason I’m not sad to see current editorial go.