Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

The X-Men 97' hype is setting in and Rogue's future looks bright finally. Beau De Mayo described Rogue as a great mascot character.

March 20th can't come soon enough!
    I feel you, counting the days to get to see her in action again!

She's looking good there, I hope we can get a little action sequence teaser with her before next month.

Yes!

Was a bit sad we didn't see her judo-throw a sentinel at least once.

Lookout this beauty... On sale now...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I usually don't like the faces on action figures, but this one is really nice. Very expensive too. Lol .
    I love her big hair.

Yes!

Was a bit sad we didn't see her judo-throw a sentinel at least once.

I know! Don't they know how bad we want to see Rogue smashing stuff. Bring it on marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    little bit pricey, but looks Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Too bad it's pricey as hell. It looks great!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I know! Don't they know how bad we want to see Rogue smashing stuff. Bring it on marvel!
    This better not be the last trailer we get! Drop that intro Disney. *shakes imaginary fist*

Also on the comics front, Gail Simone do be teasing about Rogue.
    https://twitter.com/616LEBEAUS/statu...50386158612496

This better not be the last trailer we get! Drop that intro Disney. *shakes imaginary fist*

Also on the comics front, Gail Simone do be teasing about Rogue.
    https://twitter.com/616LEBEAUS/statu...50386158612496
    Definitely hopes this leads to something.

If we could get a great representation of Rogue in an ongoing, in addition to the new animated series, that would be incredible?

Rogue still hasn't been given a well-deserved proper solo IMHO.

Definitely hopes this leads to something.

If we could get a great representation of Rogue in an ongoing, in addition to the new animated series, that would be incredible?

Rogue still hasn't been given a well-deserved proper solo IMHO.
    FR, she's basically just been given a bunch of mediocre mini's written by writers who are not familiar with the character. Only Rogue's 1st mini and Kelly Thompsons R&G runs stand out to me as people who cared about the character.

FR, she's basically just been given a bunch of mediocre mini's written by writers who are not familiar with the character. Only Rogue's 1st mini and Kelly Thompsons R&G runs stand out to me as people who cared about the character.
    Yeah in the other mini's she either didn't have her brick powers, and/or was written terribly.

Plus she really needs her own set of villains instead of hand-me-downs from Gambit or others.

Yeah in the other mini's she either didn't have her brick powers, and/or was written terribly.

Plus she really needs her own set of villains instead of hand-me-downs from Gambit or others.
    Yes, I want more solo content where she is a powerhouse that finally gets to cut loose. Give me Wonder Woman, Supergirl, or "insert flying brick DC superheroine with her own ongoing here" type action scenes pls. I actually think she holds back a lot on the X-Men, just because their usually not fighting physical powerhouses. Mostly tons of robots that get smashed easily like sentinels or on the opposite end, are terminators that seem indestructible like Nimrod, few in-between.

And co-signed. Rogue has... what? Blindspot, Pandemic, Vargas? Not the most inspired personal villains, we need more engaging and thematically stronger contrasts from Rogue's rogue gallery.

Yes, I want more solo content where she is a powerhouse that finally gets to cut loose. Give me Wonder Woman, Supergirl, or "insert flying brick DC superheroine with her own ongoing here" type action scenes pls. I actually think she holds back a lot on the X-Men, just because their usually not fighting physical powerhouses. Mostly tons of robots that get smashed easily like sentinels or on the opposite end, are terminators that seem indestructible like Nimrod, few in-between.

And co-signed. Rogue has... what? Blindspot, Pandemic, Vargas? Not the most inspired personal villains, we need more engaging and thematically stronger contrasts from Rogue's rogue gallery.
    Tell me about it. If WW and SG, etc. can have an ongoing , no reason Rogue shouldn't. She has 10X the personality of most of the other characters who have had solos.

And For whatever reason it doesn't seem like they have ever really tried to give Rogue a decent adversary.
    She really is out of the league of many the other x-men, and needs a correspondingly powerful villain, since she should be able to mop the floor with many of the foes who give other X-men trouble.

Tell me about it. If WW and SG, etc. can have an ongoing , no reason Rogue shouldn't. She has 10X the personality of most of the other characters who have had solos.

And For whatever reason it doesn't seem like they have ever really tried to give Rogue a decent adversary.
    She really is out of the league of many the other x-men, and needs a correspondingly powerful villain, since she should be able to mop the floor with many of the foes who give other X-men trouble.
    I think any Rogue mini or solo needs to balance humor, seriousness and vulnerability. Howard Mackie and Kelly Thompson got that, Rogue's a layered character so she should show different sides of herself.

Rogue should definitely be a big threat. I actually had the thought the other day of what type of villain might match Rogue's energy and I think got a few ideas.

• someone theatrical with WWE vibes would be a nice contrast. Sorta like Trish Stratus (WWE) or Titania if she wasn't so Hulk franchise tied.
    • someone from Rogue's past or hometown be a contrast, maybe a sibling of Cody's or someone Mystique had asked her to get rid of similar to Carol. She was with Mystique and Destiny for a fair part of her life, who knows how many enemies she really made during that time, the important thing is to make it feel personal. We know Rogue's powers can be traumatic ala Carol and Cody already.
    • since fear is a big theme regarding control of her power, a character that taps into her fears would also not be a bad idea. Maybe with a powerset similar to Polaris negative-emotion draining power that gave her super-strength and durability. So they get stronger the more vulnerable Rogue is, like an emotional vampire.

Going off on that, I'd love Rogue and Gambit to visit Mississippi or Louisiana more often and encounter maybe some country-coded villains. I'm thinking like True Blood vibes in terms of atmosphere, very murky and mysterious, those areas can be very beautiful and I think is really underrated as a backdrop for a story. I loved that episode in X-Men Evolution, where Rogue helps Gambit rescue his family in the New Orleans cul-de-sac / bayou iirc. Hashtag, get Marvel superheroes out of New York 90% of the time
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 02-21-2024 at 02:11 PM.

Awesome! Did someone mention X:EVO? But yeah, Cajun Spice is definitely an All-Time Favorite (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."