Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Thinking about it, an android could be a scary villain for her. Similar concept of it has power, but she can't absorb it. Or at least not fully, her interaction with R.O.M was questionable. Anyway, she fights Sentinels all the time and technically Karima is kinda what I'm thinking, but I meant more like the androids from DBZ. Someone with a more human appearance and personality like Android 17, 18 or even a monstrous one like Cell. also DCs Parasite from My Adventures of Superman had a similar look to Cell I think

Mugan flashbacks, clearly my thinly veiled attempt to bring 18 vs Rogue to life in the books lul

Technically they do have the Reavers and Omega Sentinels to fill that niche anyway, but those tend to be bit more obvious then how the Androids could just blend in.

But I like the powered by tech idea. Alternatively, a magic-powered villain could also be fun. Maybe another Juggernaut / cytorakk user? I know Cain is basically redeemed, but whose to say there can't be another one. Rogue having a personal villain that is a gem-user could be fun.

Powerhouse! Yes, I think she'd be a fun villain because they have a lot of appearance and power overlap. A big white streak, the lightning emblems reminiscent of Captain Marvels old costume or alternatively Storm, the flying brick power-set with absorption capabilities... honestly the similarities kinda give off chimera vibes tbh. We don't know a lot about her origins, maybe she could be connected to Sinister? IDK maybe that is a reach lol. Though she has been portrayed as a bit weak, she basically got owned by Beast and Wolverine iirc, as been pointed out to me before. So she'd need a power up ironically.

But yeah, she's a fun character I'd love to see Rogue interact with as a antagonist or maybe even ally.

I'd love to see someone else grab the cytorakk gem and become another Juggernaut, Cain was one of my favorite villains. That's a perfect opportunity for a new enemy from Rogue's past to get a power-up.

Powerhouse would indeed need a powerup to be a serious threat. Since she's got the absorption ability as well that should give her ample opportunity to steal some powers, maybe permanently.
    I could easily see her as someone that Rogue could have been like had she kept on the wrong path. Lots of good story potential with her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If true...costume-wise, that's very disappointing. I'll reserve judgement on the concept when I learn something more definitive that's NOT from Bleeding Cool.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I'd love to see someone else grab the cytorakk gem and become another Juggernaut, Cain was one of my favorite villains. That's a perfect opportunity for a new enemy from Rogue's past to get a power-up.

Powerhouse would indeed need a powerup to be a serious threat. Since she's got the absorption ability as well that should give her ample opportunity to steal some powers, maybe permanently.
    I could easily see her as someone that Rogue could have been like had she kept on the wrong path. Lots of good story potential with her.
    Emphatically agree, Juggernaut is such an iconic villain. I really hate writers trend of trying to redeem every iconic antagonist they use in stories. But whatever, that's the convenience of using a tool as a source of power, it can pass to someone else. Cain can be a good guy, but gives us a new Juggernaut.

I'm not sure Powerhouse steals powers like Rogue, but she does drain energy to increase her strength. More like Bishop, I suppose but with life-force energy. Either way she's a relatively niche villain, so a writer could definitely still increase her power and add more layers to her character. And yes! I'd love to have a character as a parallel to Rogue, if she'd kept on her path of being a villain.

Also, Lenore Zann is gonna be in Jacksonville, Florida on March 8th at the Collective Con if anyone in the area is interested! Along with the voice-actors of Nightcrawler, Cyclops and Mr Sinister.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 02-27-2024 at 05:50 PM.

And she battled gun nuts! Double the good representation for Rogue from Lenore.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Lenore Zann has lead a very interesting career lol. Not many people have that wide of a range to go into politics than do voice-acting work or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I mean, she's a writer on this issue lol (not in the Madame Web story).
    I forgot to reply to this apologies. My bad, didn't realize she had written a story in there.

This moment during AXIS is funny in retrospect. Rogue and Kurt terrorizing their mother instead for a change.

Also who does everyone think will be the roster? If the picture is an indication, then Rogue, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Gambit are safe choices. Also Gail is clearly having fun with us on this.

She recently commented on Monet, so unless she's writing two books, there's a chance she could show up.

Ahh it's happening!

Indeed, he's really taking risks here.

On a related note, I do kinda wish Rogue had a more drastic costume change; if this is the one she gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, feels like everything is going to be based on the 90s looks just with minor tweaks.
    I can't quite make out the boots area, but it reminds me of this version of the 90s suit, sans trench coat
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    My personal favorite costume for Rogue is the one with the half shirt and the bikini from the Outback era.
    LOL! I always considered it lingerie. But yeah, both versions are All-Time Favorites (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-02-2024 at 10:36 AM.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! I always considered it lingerie. But yeah, both versions are All-Time Favorites (XD)

We need her back in black/green... She looked her best in those colors

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    We need her back in black/green... She looked her best in those colors
    Rogue's EXCALIBUR suit was basically the Jim Lee design thru a Green/Black lens eh?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Rogue's EXCALIBUR suit was basically the Jim Lee design thru a Green/Black lens eh?
    A modernization of it, yeah. Too bad they dropped it to fast!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really wanted to see her in a completely new costume design. Black and green would be my preferred scheme but at this point I'd go with any other colour combination once it's not the Jim Lee Green and Yellow 90's suit. Alas, if that page holds any truth for the new relaunch...my hopes are already atomised and scattered across the universe.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I really wanted to see her in a completely new costume design. Black and green would be my preferred scheme but at this point I'd go with any other colour combination once it's not the Jim Lee Green and Yellow 90's suit. Alas, if that page holds any truth for the new relaunch...my hopes are already atomised and scattered across the universe.
    Seriously! Everyone gets new looks except for our girl...

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Hmmm. Sounds interesting. But yeah, Cain's Juggernaut is an All-Time Fave. Loved it whenever they'd tussle with one another (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-04-2024 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hmmm. Sounds interesting. But yeah, Cain's Juggernaut is an All-Time Fave. Loved it whenever they'd tussle with one another (LOL):

Blindspot after Rogue's costumes