Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Nice art!

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Gorge!!! Tarr did herself proud with these babies! Rogue and Ororo look amazing! Remy being slutty is so right too!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    So far, I would say that your points are extremely valid on both sides.
    She does sound off at times, but, for the most part, I loved it!
    I forgot to reply this, but yes I still loved hearing her voice for Rogue again. I feel bad for any Rogue VA that does her voice, because Lenore's is so iconic and distinctive to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau
    One of the hosts of the Cyclops is Waiting for Me podcast (a recap show of all the animated series) mentioned that when they did the showing of the episodes at, I want to say, ComicCon, the voice sounded closer to what it was for TAS. So I think it's technical modification that's part of the problem besides Lenore being 30 years older.
    I see, I hope they get the hang of the modification then, especially once Rogue gets an episode more focused on her.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    After nearly a week sitting on it, I... liked the portrayal. Rogue didn't get a large amount of focus, but when they used her it was fun mostly.

Pros
    - Rogue wears leggings with the pink mini-skirt (makes more sense)
    - Rogue siding with Wolverine and Gambit over Cyclops (the woman does not look being micro-managed)
    - Her fun little moments with Gambit, like at the club and during the basketball game. She held back, but Gambit still felt that stomach tap lol.
    - Her action scenes! Her knocking that Sentinel down and throwing it's head at another was great. Wish we'd seen her do more in the 2nd, but I can forgive it since she got another cool moment...
    - Loved that she used her absorption powers in a different way then was usually portrayed in the show. The only time I remember it was shown to absorb a skill, I think was when she touched a pilot before absorbing Ms Marvel (Carol).
    - Loved that Scott and Jean trusted Rogue to deliver Nathan. Also I get a kick out of the fact she kept get getting into conflict with the grown-up kid she helped deliver; on Muir Island and when she punched him in the face when he was on the roof.

Cons
    - Lenore Zann did sound a bit off in some lines, she's a legend and I love her but it's clear she's definitely been outta practice for awhile. Hopefully she gets more comfortable as it goes on.
    - Rogue barely had any interactions with anyone that was not a clear romantic interest. She can have drama, but that shouldn't be all her social interactions. At least we've seen Kurt in the previews, so this might get alieved to an extent, but I'm really hoping Rogue gets a plot beyond this. but considering it's only 10 episodes, I'm afraid of time constraints...
    - Bringing up the Rogneto plot... like I get it, they want to get people talking about the show and it is something that happens in the comics, but in the context of the show it doesn't make sense.
    - Where does this fit in the time-line and why did they act like they never knew each other every-time they fought? Rogue is a character that wears her heart on her sleeve, it's a lot of suspension of disbelief to me to buy that she kept this whole thing secret for years and never slipped up, especially since they fought Magneto regularly. Assuming they are going with some interpretation of Rogue meeting Magneto in the Savage Land, I don't mind the idea that Rogue and Magneto felt something in the Savage Land, but I am not comfortable if it went any further than that. She was both very young (18-20) and it weakens her legendary romance with Gambit by having all those dates and experiences as feeling new to her if she had something of that with Magneto. I don't like the structure of his narratively, it works better with how Carey framed the relationship between Rogue and Magneto as something that was wistful in the 90s but only fully realized physically until after Rogue and Gambit had broken up for the nth time. IIRC Gambit frames it as fantasy for her to "get out of her system" basically, which I think works and feels less predatory for Magneto's character.

But yea, it's mostly positives with one moderately big negative. Still very much looking forward to the show, just cautious about how they're gonna handle her character. Poor Romy fans have gone through enough...
    You nailed my feelings exactly. Getting to see her sassiness and her powers in action again after all of the decades of sidelining or full absence from all post-Evo media was wonderful. But ever since someone pointed out that they rearranged the order of the title cards from the intro (and it’s already pretty accurate to the disproportionate character screentime), I’m still trying to keep my expectations low.

(On that note… I do think it’s funny that most of the crowd who would not shut up about how horrible this show would be and how it was responsible for Krakoa ending and the franchise getting walked back thirty years and also global warming, etc etc, are all either dead silent and/or nonstop posting gifs and fan art now that the first two episodes pretty much adhered to what we’ve been getting these past five years in Krakoa’s Character Hierarchy lol.)

I’m still annoyed by Rogue and Storm’s friendship suddenly being iced in favor of 616 synergy, but I’m hoping they’ll at least give us some family crumbs with Kurt to salve that burn. (If we’re really going all in on 616, then seeing her friendships with Bobby, Shiro, or Jean-Paul would be nice, too.)

I’m also praying we’re not getting a cheating storyline, since it never happened in the show or the comics. That would seem like almost purposeful character dunking and really make me raise my eyebrows, especially considering the tweaks the show seems to be already making in terms of softening the blame for the Maddie situation. Crossing my fingers it’s more like the Warren dynamic from XTAS 92, where Rogue feels it’s her duty to reach out to him because no one else understands him the same way she can and Remy misinterprets it as romantic.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

I see, I hope they get the hang of the modification then, especially once Rogue gets an episode more focused on her.
    I think this is what they're sticking with, unfortunately.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    You nailed my feelings exactly. Getting to see her sassiness and her powers in action again after all of the decades of sidelining or full absence from all post-Evo media was wonderful. But ever since someone pointed out that they rearranged the order of the title cards from the intro (and it’s already pretty accurate to the disproportionate character screentime), I’m still trying to keep my expectations low.
    Yes the rearranging made me raise my eyebrows a bit. I think De Mayo is a big Jean fan, so him moving Jean second isn't so surprising in that respect, just hope it isn't a reflection of story-lines this season.

(On that note… I do think it’s funny that most of the crowd who would not shut up about how horrible this show would be and how it was responsible for Krakoa ending and the franchise getting walked back thirty years and also global warming, etc etc, are all either dead silent and/or nonstop posting gifs and fan art now that the first two episodes pretty much adhered to what we’ve been getting these past five years in Krakoa’s Character Hierarchy lol.)
    I noticed that dichotomy too! I guess I'll give them a pass, as I understand animation can be it's own thing, but I wish people would stop so harshly judging this new era when we've read literally so little about it.

I’m still annoyed by Rogue and Storm’s friendship suddenly being iced in favor of 616 synergy, but I’m hoping they’ll at least give us some family crumbs with Kurt to salve that burn. (If we’re really going all in on 616, then seeing her friendships with Bobby, Shiro, or Jean-Paul would be nice, too.)
    Hoping the Genosha episode has tons of cameos, so Gambit and Rogue can each have fun interactions.

I’m also praying we’re not getting a cheating storyline, since it never happened in the show or the comics. That would seem like almost purposeful character dunking and really make me raise my eyebrows, especially considering the tweaks the show seems to be already making in terms of softening the blame for the Maddie situation. Crossing my fingers it’s more like the Warren dynamic from XTAS 92, where Rogue feels it’s her duty to reach out to him because no one else understands him the same way she can and Remy misinterprets it as romantic.
    I agree. While I'm not sure Rogue and Gambit are exactly "officially" together or using labels to describe their relationship, I think both definitely have feelings involved. Gambit even told her he loved her iirc.

And they are physically affectionate to an extent, from hand-holding to kissing in the Savage Land. So while it might not be cheating in the technical sense, it's going to feel like emotionally cheating for the audience and Gambit.

So I do hope they don't go that route with Magneto and Rogue. I really hope De Mayo doesn't pull a Duggen of saying one thing in regards to the relationship toward fans, but then turning around trying to break up the relationship next second.

Yes the rearranging made me raise my eyebrows a bit. I think De Mayo is a big Jean fan, so him moving Jean second isn't so surprising in that respect, just hope it isn't a reflection of story-lines this season.

I noticed that dichotomy too! I guess I'll give them a pass, as I understand animation can be it's own thing, but I wish people would stop so harshly judging this new era when we've read literally so little about it.

Hoping the Genosha episode has tons of cameos, so Gambit and Rogue can each have fun interactions.

I agree. While I'm not sure Rogue and Gambit are exactly "officially" together or using labels to describe their relationship, I think both definitely have feelings involved. Gambit even told her he loved her iirc.

And they are physically affectionate to an extent, from hand-holding to kissing in the Savage Land. So while it might not be cheating in the technical sense, it's going to feel like emotionally cheating for the audience and Gambit.

So I do hope they don't go that route with Magneto and Rogue. I really hope De Mayo doesn't pull a Duggen of saying one thing in regards to the relationship toward fans, but then turning around trying to break up the relationship next second.
    I think in the end she'll tip to Remy. But she can touch Mags for some reason, so we'll have to wait and see where this goes, if amywhere...

Incredible Member

WOW. Savage land Rogue. Savage land Rogue embracing a half-naked Magneto to be precise. Another thing I never expected to see adapted, let alone in the Disney/MCU-produced series. I wonder if DeMayo had to put up a fight to get this stuff approved.
    Last edited by Dipter; 03-29-2024 at 08:15 AM.

GJ-dnAFWsAAZewn.jpg
    Still not cool with coming back to this look, but she does look good! Marquez did his magic!

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    GJ-dnAFWsAAZewn.jpg
    Still not cool with coming back to this look, but she does look good! Marquez did his magic!
    I love this
    Rogue greeting Logan with a huge smile and a hug
    I missed their friendship

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I love this
    Same here! Her leading a team of her friends is cool. Especially when she led villains before and it exploded in her hands.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I love this
    yeah, nice to see them acting like the family that they are.

and the Art looks great!