Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    I'll always love her 90s outfit. She was wearing that when i became a fan of the character.

And it's so recognizable, I like the idea of a consistent look so everyone will always know who she is.

My biggest problem with the hooded uniforms is that when she has the hood up, it's hard to tell who she is at times.
    You're not the first fan I've seen who says that. And I always ask myself: "how could you not know its Rogue, those are her colours?" Regardless of what costume my faves were wearing I always knew who they were.

I personally love her original green hooded costume as that was what she was wearing in the very first XM book I bought (surprisingly I never really liked any of the modern redesigns) so I totally get the love and connection for the 90's look...but I will be the first to admit it's outdated and could do with a proper and decent update.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-23-2024 at 01:21 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You're not the first fan I've seen who says that. And I always ask myself: "how could you not know its Rogue, those are her colours?" Regardless of what costume my faves were wearing I always knew who they were.

I personally love her original green hooded costume as that was what she was wearing in the very first XM book I bought (surprisingly I never really liked any of the modern redesigns) so I totally get the love and connection for the 90's look...but I will be the first to admit it's outdated and could do with a proper and decent update.
    So true. I started reading during the Outback era and have love for that look, but it wouldn't work now.. It's too dated. And that's how I feel about the 90's look. I saw the HG Year 1 look as a step in the right direction.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

It all depends on the artist. I recall seeing her in one of the uncanny avengers books wearing the green hood and tunic and between the shapeless outfit and hood covering her head you could barely tell she was female , let alone which character it was.

With that familiar green/yellow color scheme you can always pick her out of a crowd, even when drawn by the less talented (or lazier) artists.

The skunk stripe in her hair is of course diagnostic when you can see it, so there's one more reason to leave the hood off.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    So true. I started reading during the Outback era and have love for that look, but it wouldn't work now.. It's too dated. And that's how I feel about the 90's look. I saw the HG Year 1 look as a step in the right direction.
    I think the outback uniform would still look good today, just tone down the hair a bit, it did look a little crazy in some issues.

I think the outback uniform would still look good today, just tone down the hair a bit, it did look a little crazy in some issues.
    Completely understandable. I found it quite charming, though...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Astonishing Member

To be fair, many classic costumes would still look good if somewhat modernized, except for the "right passage" stupid one many characters had at some point or another.

I liked it by Silvestri... Simonson's hair was insane on Inferno...

As many of you have pointed out...it does come down to an artist/artistic style. Sometimes the rendition works sometimes it doesn't regardless of the costume, (can be said for any and every character in-story, really). And sometimes I very much appreciate when an artist with a distinctive style like Simonson goes a bit wild and crazy...I have to say for the most part Rogue has always managed to stand out amongst her peers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I personally loved the early 2000s update of the Jim Lee look from the era Rogue absorbed Sunfire: black trenchcoat, straight hair, black platform boots. She looked cool.

I'm drawing a complete blank on that look. I remember the story and when it happened but not what Rogue looked like...is this around the Gambit as Death post decimation era?

I don't recall what Gambit was doing at the time, I think that might've been when Mystique was masquerading as Foxx? Anyway, look #13 here: https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/r...ostume-gallery

Okies. Thanks Davey...It's still drawing a complete blank.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't recall what Gambit was doing at the time, I think that might've been when Mystique was masquerading as Foxx? Anyway, look #13 here: https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/r...ostume-gallery
    I never cared for the trenchcoat on Rogue, it looks more like a Gambit accessory. If Rogue's going to wear a coat, the bomber jacket is long enough.

Uniform #10 on that list is a very underrated in my opinion, I wouldn't mind seeing her in that one again.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    I liked it by Silvestri... Simonson's hair was insane on Inferno...
    Agreed 100%, Silvestri drew a great Rogue all around, Inferno was what i was thinking of in terms of crazy hair, her hair looked like Wolverine's but even more extreme.

Agreed 100%, Silvestri drew a great Rogue all around, Inferno was what i was thinking of in terms of crazy hair, her hair looked like Wolverine's but even more extreme.
    The hair gel was working overtime then...