Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Books featuring:

All-Star Squadron picking up where the original Pre-Crisis series left off.

Justice League feat. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lanterns (Hal & John), Flash(Barry), Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Atom(Ray), Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Zatanna, Firestorm, Vixen, Vibe, Dr. Light, Steel, & Black Lightning.

Reformation Island mini-series with origin stories for Dr. Poison, Queen Clea, Human Fireworks, Zara, Osira, & Giganta.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

As a Wonder Woman fan Im quite happy with Tom King's run, so just keep it going this year, and let Sampere stay on the title until he retires, lol

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

A return to basic for Batman titles. No more Zur En Arrh or moon trip or magic staff.
    Batman, Robin, Alfred, some detective works and some action at street level.

I'm happy with Nightwing and Titans, so go on with Taylor.

A Green Lantern book with Kyle, Guy and Kilowog.

No more Multiverses. So if DC wants to play with another Crisis on Infinite Earth...

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    No more Multiverses. So if DC wants to play with another Crisis on Infinite Earth...
    Personally, I'm fine with stories that take place in different places within Multiverse, but I'm tired of stories (like a Crisis) that's just about the Multiverse.

I just want a continuity that lasts a while.

Marvel is on, like, it's 8th iteration. Their reboots tend to be "softer" and subtler. Most regular people in their fictional world (and even a lot of the heroes) don't even realize a universal change occurred at all. Same can be said for most of the Marvel comics fan base. The interwoven stories continue pretty fluidly.

DC have also had around 8 iterations (though there might be more, I'm not 100% on that) but there reboots tend to be much "harder" with things changing quite drastically. I think the only Marvel character whose history experiences such repeated, comparable and brutal reboots is poor old Spidey.

Anyway, that's all I want.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I would like DC to release the hardcover omnibus collection James Robinsons Starman. I had them years ago but had to sell them during my divorce. And they are really expensive on Ebay. I have the issues but I love those collections.

More and more good Wally West content! It has been a good last three years. More please.

An Impulse mini or ongoing series by Mark Waid and Todd Nauck.

A Hawkman book by Jeremy Adams and Dan Mora (why not do 3 books a month lol)

I am all for company events but no more Crisis books. No more Multiverse threating events for 10 years please. If not longer. Keep doing events like Beast World, Lazarus Island and Knight Terrors.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Jo Mullein by N.K. Jemisin
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    For the Young Justice to have a book and not be screwed over.
    For the Legion of Superheroes to have a book and not be screwed over.
    Yes to all of these! Preferably the classic Young Justice and Legion teams, who've changed and evolved so much since their earliest days, not some in-name-only group of random teens calling themselves Young Justice, or one of the three to five AU Legions...

Astonishing Member

Earth I (or N). a book set in a DC universe that never got rebooted at all after COIE, red drawers Supes, non rebooted Legion, the JSA/All Star Squadron still existed on their parallel Earth II. With all the complications and continuity. Since writing isn't a skill that necessarily lessens with age like drawing might maybe bring in the writers from back then that still have their fast ball or if that isn't possible make the guys that wrote the books back then the editors on the books now. The Legion picking up after the Magic Wars, All Star Squadron/Infinity Inc/JSA directed by Roy Thomas. Original Perez designed green armor Lex. Call it Earth-N for Nostalgia if you want but all the reboots for sales or political correctness or ego just gone. Something for the Bronze agers who have stuck with the product for decades and probably are less fickle with more disposable income. No eliminating history to ease in new readers or writers, make continuity important with letter pages and Answer man sections. I feel in making books so easy to get into, it makes them just as easy to get out of. I think this approach would be appreciated by the older readers and might breed a more loyal group of new readers.

A good Legion of Super-heroes book. Witha writer who knows what is writing about.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Books featuring:

All-Star Squadron picking up where the original Pre-Crisis series left off.

Justice League feat. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lanterns (Hal & John), Flash(Barry), Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Atom(Ray), Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Zatanna, Firestorm, Vixen, Vibe, Dr. Light, Steel, & Black Lightning.

Reformation Island mini-series with origin stories for Dr. Poison, Queen Clea, Human Fireworks, Zara, Osira, & Giganta.
    I'd LOVE to see a continuation of the pre-Crisis All-Star Squadron. I would worry though about what the DC of 2024 would transform it into, however. Unless they can lasso the legendary Roy Thomas for this, I'd be incredibly leery of what the end-result may be. DC's Golden Age characters truly need a writer-artist team with a real sensibility and love for them and all of their zany tropes.

Other than characters on the spot with their previous appearences, respectful writers that care for the characters they write, better artists who don't all draw like bad Mangá, and editors that actually know and do their job, I basically would like to see a bigger foccus on non-Green Lantern cosmic DC. The return of L.E.G.I.O.N. or R.E.B.E.L.S, and maybe an independent superteam featuring various of DC's space faring characters, such as Adam Strange, Captain Comet, the Wierd, Maxima, Harbinger, Alpha Centurion, Hawkman, etc...

Peace

A quality ongoing series that features the Justice League International characters. Not Ted Kord getting hurt to inspire Jaime Reyes, not whatever the hell the Fire & Ice mini-series is supposed to be, but something featuring the characters in a respectable way and having them be heroes. Nothing too goofy...you can have the characters have fun interplay but make the menaces they face legit. I'd include Blue Beetle (Ted), Booster Gold, Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner (despite what I said before, that combo when Ted was hurt in the new Jaime series is a perfect reflection of how I see this book/these characters behaving), Captain Atom, and maybe a couple others...say, bring Dmitri back from the dead in his Apokolips armor and recruit a new member from limbo...maybe Bumblebee would be a good fit.

If the above isn't in the cards, then a new Justice League book that really embraces the JLU and brings in most of the above characters. Definitely a new and forward-thinking version of the team, not one relying on Silver Age line-up nostalgia.

Focus on the following characters, either in solo books or regular parts of line-ups: Vixen, The Question (Vic Sage), Nightshade, Jason Blood/Etrigan, Metamorpho, and Blue Devil (preferably restoring him to his Hollywood weirdness magnet status vs. "barbarian demon.").

Speaking towards everything I said above, any kind of project that really focuses on the Charlton characters in the DCU proper (and not reverse-engineered from their Watchmen adaptations)...would love to see them get a storyline in the Worlds Finest comic alongside Batman and Superman, under Waid and Mora.

And feeling like a broken record, but I'd love to see a book set in DC's "lost years," between the retirement of the JSA and the debut of the JLA. Just because the Society retired doesn't mean every hero did (focus on folks like Johnny Quick, Robotman, Judomaster, Firebrand, etc.). Use them and intersperse them with the science heroes and plainclothes adventurers who populated a lot of that era, or immortal characters who were introduced later. Bump them up against real world events (or known past events in the DCU) and just fill in the spaces a bit more.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 01-03-2024 at 12:51 PM.

12 issues of JSA, focused on the JSA itself (NOT EVERY OTHER CHARACTER IN EXISTENCE EXCEPT THE JSA).

A Young Justice Society mini (allowing these characters to get some spotlight withOUT it coming at the expense of the JSA in their own book)

A relaunched Justice League book with a lot of momentum

A Legion ongoing featuring a recognizable Legion (please God not another Bendisboot).

Zero interruptive Bat crossovers impacting non-batbooks

Nice -to-haves would also include a couple multiverse mini's featuring other Earths, but not as Crisis events, ... a la Freedom Fighters, Justice Squadron etc.

A decent Aquaman ongoing based on the NEW 52 format, with Arthur and Mera kicking ass, and their supporting cast taking turns in different arcs.

A Red Hood series that DOESN'T run the same freakin' story for the 1000th time of either Jason deciding to kill or not, or Jason having trust issues with Bruce. Though, after recent events, may be better to leave Gotham and travel to another town, or just in general. Be it with a team, or on his own with cameos of other characters, just keep him away from Gotham, Bruce, and Joker. Maybe go back to All-Caste and do something more with that.

Another thing, would be Jon Kent being aged down to slightly younger than Damian. I refuse to let this go.