Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Skartaris, Warlord, Weird Western Tales/Jonah Hex, Weird War Tales, Lobo, just anything to branch out and not only superheroes.

Incredible Member

I'd pay a year in advance for a sci fi mecha based title.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Taylor is apparently not going to add any new members to his Titans lineup and seems to be playing things pretty safe. So I would like to see another Titans team created with a unique roster.

Since the current Titans Tower is in Bludhaven, I guess it could be Titans West.
    I would love a Titans West series. Especially considering how many interesting Titans are back in continuity and available. It would also make sense with the current state of the DCU with no Justice League. My line-up

Bumblebee
    Hawkfire
    Mal in his Guardian gear
    Hawk (either Hank or Holly)
    Dove (Dawn)
    Omen
    Argent
    Red Star
    Tempest (if he's not going to be on the regular team)

Fantastic Member

I wouldn't mind another Showcase-type series if individual books aren't viable. That way they could still spotlight lesser-known characters and maybe create new ones.

Amazing Member

I agree DC needs to really get into the other genres. Westerns,SCFi,Pulp,and Sword&Sorcery
    War might be a tough sell nowadays. I like the idea of a new Warlord title. Also, how about
    a “Tales of Skataris” title. Always liked DC’s “Savage Land”

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    I wouldn't mind another Showcase-type series if individual books aren't viable. That way they could still spotlight lesser-known characters and maybe create new ones.
    I'd personally love Showcase and Adventure Comics revivals. Especially if they kept the talent up and the price down. I've been enjoying the current Brave and the Bold except for the price. There are so many great DC characters without regular books that could be used in these books on a rotating basis like they used to do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by amerigo178 View Post
    I agree DC needs to really get into the other genres. Westerns,SCFi,Pulp,and Sword&Sorcery
    War might be a tough sell nowadays. I like the idea of a new Warlord title. Also, how about
    a “Tales of Skataris” title. Always liked DC’s “Savage Land”
    Because none of these sell. Mike Grell already made a Warlord comeback years ago. We had a Doc Savage/Batman/Spirit crossover also years back. We've had how many attempts with Adam Strange and the Omega Men and they are all limping out of gate. Palmiotti and Gray did Jonah Hex for years and the numbers were just dismal. Given's DC's overhead costs, these attempts to branch out have never worked because the numbers don't add up

Fantastic Member

More sixties and seventies trade paperback collections of Anthro, Sugar & Spike, Inferior Five, and Angel and the Ape. A few more trade paperback collections (annually) of DC Christmas stories. They did volume 1, they should do a volume 2 & 3. I'd like to see DC writers become optimistic and somewhat positive about humanity. I would love to see the artists draw comics in less dark colors.

---jthree

... Christopher Priest getting to create an all new team. Not the Justice League, not the Justice Society, not the Teen/Titans... Just an all new group, with a few recognizable folks. Like he started off The Crew, for Marvel, years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    A new non-Crisis "crisis" that leads to a bold new direction for DC Comics.

Speedsters throughout the universe are the first to feel it. Something is wrong with time and space. Mystical beings are the next to feel it.

Barry and Wally learn that the merging of the surviving universes at the end of COIE "pulled a thread" in the fabric of existence from the Big Bang to entropy. Each successive cosmic event/Crisis has snagged and snared the thread, pulling on more until finally, all of reality, regardless of plane or frequency, is unraveling.

There is no Big Bad pulling these strings, simply the side-effects of past tampering on the part of super-villains both fictional and real.

The only solution? Separate the post-COIE universe into its five constituent universes, despite the evolution of this universes and the universes/multiverses its spawned.

Long story short, this is achieved through the actions of a collection of characters even greater than the assemblages seen in COIE, though it's Barry Allen's sacrifice that again saves all of reality.

A new, single Multiverse is revealed. Few across this new infinitude remember the events that led to the current status quo.

DC Comics publishes books set on the following Earths, rotating regular series and mini and maxi-series as demanded by sales and fan feedback.

Earth-Zero: Ground Zero for new readers, either an "Ultimate DC" in the vein of Ultimate Marvel and the New 52 or the future of a DCU where the next generation is the focus.

Earth-One: The pre-COIE Earth-One, updated and reset. The Superman/Clark/Lois triangle is still in place, Dick Grayson has just retired as Robin.

Earth-Two: The pre-COIE Earth-Two, updated and reset. Books here are set in the modern era and in the Golden Age.

Earth-Three: The pre-COIE Earth-Three, updated and reset. Books here include a CSA title and The Adventures of Lex Luthor.

Earth-Four: The pre-COIE Earth-Four, updated and reset. The Charlton characters are the focus here, along with a certain time and dimensional traveler with a penchant for the color gold.

Earth-Five: The pre-COIE Earth-Five, updated and reset. Billy Batson utters the magic word "Shazam" and becomes this Earth's greatest and initially, only hero, The World's Mightiest Mortal: CAPTAIN THUNDER.

Earth-Six: The dark home of characters like Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, and others.

Earth-Seven: A world with no superheroes, only sci-fi characters like The Challengers of The Unknown, Adam Strange, and the Thanagarians.

Beyond these universes are others occasionally visited, universes that continue the iterations of the post-COIE Earth as separate universes instead of the heavily-altered New Earth and universe itself.

Well . . . I guess that’s a start.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Amazing Member

I believe DC should these other genre books digital anthologies. Being digital don’t have to worry about printing them or delivering to stores. Makes the process cheaper. Make the anthology 100 pages divide it between 4 characters.Those characters that catch on you keep those that don’t replace with different ones Can does this with any Bto D list characters

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... Christopher Priest getting to create an all new team. Not the Justice League, not the Justice Society, not the Teen/Titans... Just an all new group, with a few recognizable folks. Like he started off The Crew, for Marvel, years ago.
    That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm down with another run of Ram V's Swamp Thing. Not really for a return of the New 52 Earth 2 though.
    I liked the worldbuilding and the mystical angle. I don't mind exploring a new Earth 2 with a different group of heroes.

The new 52 was a half assed restart, and Future State became a half assed succession, but they feel like they can fix each other's problems.So, having a new earth that's a remix of both eras could salvage the good and mitigate the bad of both eras.

It would be my take on Ultimate DC and I don't mind having it set on Robinson's Earth 2.

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    A new non-Crisis "crisis" that leads to a bold new direction for DC Comics.

Speedsters throughout the universe are the first to feel it. Something is wrong with time and space. Mystical beings are the next to feel it.

Barry and Wally learn that the merging of the surviving universes at the end of COIE "pulled a thread" in the fabric of existence from the Big Bang to entropy. Each successive cosmic event/Crisis has snagged and snared the thread, pulling on more until finally, all of reality, regardless of plane or frequency, is unraveling.

There is no Big Bad pulling these strings, simply the side-effects of past tampering on the part of super-villains both fictional and real.

The only solution? Separate the post-COIE universe into its five constituent universes, despite the evolution of this universes and the universes/multiverses its spawned.

Long story short, this is achieved through the actions of a collection of characters even greater than the assemblages seen in COIE, though it's Barry Allen's sacrifice that again saves all of reality.

A new, single Multiverse is revealed. Few across this new infinitude remember the events that led to the current status quo.

DC Comics publishes books set on the following Earths, rotating regular series and mini and maxi-series as demanded by sales and fan feedback.

Earth-Zero: Ground Zero for new readers, either an "Ultimate DC" in the vein of Ultimate Marvel and the New 52 or the future of a DCU where the next generation is the focus.

Earth-One: The pre-COIE Earth-One, updated and reset. The Superman/Clark/Lois triangle is still in place, Dick Grayson has just retired as Robin.

Earth-Two: The pre-COIE Earth-Two, updated and reset. Books here are set in the modern era and in the Golden Age.

Earth-Three: The pre-COIE Earth-Three, updated and reset. Books here include a CSA title and The Adventures of Lex Luthor.

Earth-Four: The pre-COIE Earth-Four, updated and reset. The Charlton characters are the focus here, along with a certain time and dimensional traveler with a penchant for the color gold.

Earth-Five: The pre-COIE Earth-Five, updated and reset. Billy Batson utters the magic word "Shazam" and becomes this Earth's greatest and initially, only hero, The World's Mightiest Mortal: CAPTAIN THUNDER.

Earth-Six: The dark home of characters like Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, and others.

Earth-Seven: A world with no superheroes, only sci-fi characters like The Challengers of The Unknown, Adam Strange, and the Thanagarians.

Beyond these universes are others occasionally visited, universes that continue the iterations of the post-COIE Earth as separate universes instead of the heavily-altered New Earth and universe itself.
    I felt that DC works better seperate so I'd be into it but I don't know how feasible it is.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-12-2024 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Wild Storm's take on Engineer allows her to switch between human and mechanical forms.

Cyborg's new 52 origin bases him around the mother box so he should be able to do the same.
    Ooooooh okay. So the box lets him control how much metal versus flesh he he morphs to?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    To undo what they did to Alan Scott (I know, I know, but I can dream...)

To give other Batman villains the Joker treatment. I know the Joker's DC's golden goose, but this really got outta hand. They need to shelve him and give other villains like Two-Face and Penguin their long overdue spotlights.

The return of the Tangent characters

The Wildstorm characters being in their own universe
    You don't want him to be a dad?!!!!!!????? Like, why?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    To undo what they did to Alan Scott (I know, I know, but I can dream...)

To give other Batman villains the Joker treatment. I know the Joker's DC's golden goose, but this really got outta hand. They need to shelve him and give other villains like Two-Face and Penguin their long overdue spotlights.

The return of the Tangent characters

The Wildstorm characters being in their own universe
    As a fan of Alan's since the late 1970's, very much agree with you - But I feel this is one Genie that can't be put back in the bottle.

As far as Penguin goes, Tom King is knocking it out of the park with every issue of the new Penguin maxi-series.