Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    A new non-Crisis "crisis" that leads to a bold new direction for DC Comics.

Speedsters throughout the universe are the first to feel it. Something is wrong with time and space. Mystical beings are the next to feel it.

Barry and Wally learn that the merging of the surviving universes at the end of COIE "pulled a thread" in the fabric of existence from the Big Bang to entropy. Each successive cosmic event/Crisis has snagged and snared the thread, pulling on more until finally, all of reality, regardless of plane or frequency, is unraveling.

There is no Big Bad pulling these strings, simply the side-effects of past tampering on the part of super-villains both fictional and real.

The only solution? Separate the post-COIE universe into its five constituent universes, despite the evolution of this universes and the universes/multiverses its spawned.

Long story short, this is achieved through the actions of a collection of characters even greater than the assemblages seen in COIE, though it's Barry Allen's sacrifice that again saves all of reality.

A new, single Multiverse is revealed. Few across this new infinitude remember the events that led to the current status quo.

DC Comics publishes books set on the following Earths, rotating regular series and mini and maxi-series as demanded by sales and fan feedback.

Earth-Zero: Ground Zero for new readers, either an "Ultimate DC" in the vein of Ultimate Marvel and the New 52 or the future of a DCU where the next generation is the focus.

Earth-One: The pre-COIE Earth-One, updated and reset. The Superman/Clark/Lois triangle is still in place, Dick Grayson has just retired as Robin.

Earth-Two: The pre-COIE Earth-Two, updated and reset. Books here are set in the modern era and in the Golden Age.

Earth-Three: The pre-COIE Earth-Three, updated and reset. Books here include a CSA title and The Adventures of Lex Luthor.

Earth-Four: The pre-COIE Earth-Four, updated and reset. The Charlton characters are the focus here, along with a certain time and dimensional traveler with a penchant for the color gold.

Earth-Five: The pre-COIE Earth-Five, updated and reset. Billy Batson utters the magic word "Shazam" and becomes this Earth's greatest and initially, only hero, The World's Mightiest Mortal: CAPTAIN THUNDER.

Earth-Six: The dark home of characters like Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, and others.

Earth-Seven: A world with no superheroes, only sci-fi characters like The Challengers of The Unknown, Adam Strange, and the Thanagarians.

Beyond these universes are others occasionally visited, universes that continue the iterations of the post-COIE Earth as separate universes instead of the heavily-altered New Earth and universe itself.
    I must admit I love most of this idea.

I feel that the Charlton characters fit well on the JLA earth and the Quality characters fit on the JSA earth. The Fawcett characters are more difficult.

The Shazams could go the JLA earth and the remaining Fawcetts go to the JSA earth...or all the Shazams & Fawcetts go to both Earths. (2 Supermen, 2 Wonder Women, 2 Batman...why not 2 Billy Batsons?)

I don't feel there enough Quality, Fawcett or Charlton characters to justify their own individual Earths.
    I must admit...I was mistaken.

All of Charlton and Fawcett would fit nicely on Earth JLA. Quality characters still fit nicely on Earth JSA.

Aside from the Shazams, the Fawcett characters would need to be updated for the Silver Age...and it wouldn't be difficult to do. It would also be exactly what Earth JLA needs...if done correctly.

I guess there could be an Earth with only the Charlton, Fawcett and Quality characters. It would be different...but so was Earth D...And look how long it lasted!
    Last edited by scary harpy; 02-15-2024 at 08:18 AM. Reason: additional thoughts

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Wild Storm's take on Engineer allows her to switch between human and mechanical forms.

Cyborg's new 52 origin bases him around the mother box so he should be able to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Ooooooh okay. So the box lets him control how much metal versus flesh he he morphs to?
    I'd like to think that the answer to this question would be straight forward i.e. YES Cyborgs Mother Box allows Cyborg to control how much metal or "flesh" (simulated flesh) appears on his body. And while the answer is straight forward it's also a bit more complex due to the characters recent history.

In 2014 Cyborg, who was caught in an violent explosion, was saved by his father Silas Stone who injected extraterrestrial promethium nanites into his extremely damaged body. This gave Cyborg the ability to change virtually any part of his body into a weapon and to produce armor.

In 2015/2016 Cyborg, while saving Earth from being conquered by a cybernetic race of aliens from an alternate dimension, exploded and "died". To clarify ... the explosion caused his systems to completely shut down and he was no more than a torso and head laying in the dust. Cyborgs regeneration protocol initiated and he steadily improved from less than 15% to his full 100% body mass i.e. fully regenerated. This was due primarily to his extraterrestrial promethium nanites.

So.... did Cyborgs mother box allow him to control his weaponry, metal and flesh appearance previously? YES. However Cyborgs alien promethium nanites are what allows him to have superior control (compared to the Mother Box alone) over his appearance as a non armored organic appearing human male or as a heavily armored super hero.

To add to that... 2015/2016 Cyborg incorporates all previous explosions / accidents that required Silas Stone to rebuild Cyborg (explaining his different experiences) so.... and this is a bit eye opening .... that confirms that the nanites are in addition to the Mother Box if the time line is honored.

Cyborg 2016 005 regneration to flesh.jpg
    Cyborg 2015 006 CYBORG HUMAN FACE.jpg

This is why i find Cyborg one of the most, if not the most interesting DC character based upon potential. You really have great story telling potential with Victor Stone.
    Last edited by Customizer; 02-15-2024 at 05:20 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    As a fan of Alan's since the late 1970's, very much agree with you - But I feel this is one Genie that can't be put back in the bottle.

As far as Penguin goes, Tom King is knocking it out of the park with every issue of the new Penguin maxi-series.
    I've been a fan of Alan's since the same time period and I like what they've done with him. It's story that hasn't been told within the comics industry and I'm finding it way more interesting than what's been done with him in the past. But you know what? You don't HAVE to like it. Not everything has to appeal to you or me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I've been a fan of Alan's since the same time period and I like what they've done with him. It's story that hasn't been told within the comics industry and I'm finding it way more interesting than what's been done with him in the past. But you know what? You don't HAVE to like it. Not everything has to appeal to you or me.
    Totally agree with you on this one, no arguments. At the end of the day it's just funny books. Though this new iteration of Alan Scott isn't my particular jam, I've got enough back issues featuring the version of the Golden Age Green Lantern which I do enjoy to last me until the proverbial cows come home. Never want to take away from the folks out there that may actually enjoy new developments and the like - Have at it and enjoy, I say; live and let live.
    Last edited by Stingo; 02-15-2024 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Totally agree with you on this one, no arguments. At the end of the day it's just funny books. Though this new iteration of Alan Scott isn't my particular jam, I've got enough back issues featuring the version of the Golden Age Green Lantern which I do enjoy to last me until the proverbial cows come home. Never want to take away from the folks out there that may actually enjoy new developments and the like - Have at it and enjoy, I say; live and let live.
    I feel the same. At this point I realize that I can always go back and re-read the older comics that I loved so much if I'm not digging the current version(s).

Jace and the other Future State additions would've benefitted from the Black Label approach that Gargoyle of Gotham and Superman Lost has. They gain very little from being in the main continuity. So I'm hoping they get Black Label followups if possible.

Extraordinary Member

Less looking to the past for story ideas and more looking towards the future. A Tim Drake ongoing with a creative team that'll bring people in.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Less looking to the past for story ideas and more looking towards the future. A Tim Drake ongoing with a creative team that'll bring people in.
    I believe that is what is called a miracle.

We are Legends continues with some cool new creations.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-15-2024 at 03:08 PM.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

May solicitations drop tomorrow and we’ve not had any new series announcements (unless I’ve missed them)… I get not releasing new books at the beginning of the year, but what’s the deal at this point?! I was expecting another wave of Dawn of DC books.