Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    A full editorial overhaul.

Also, the return of the "real" Legion of Super-Heroes.
    Which, I'm guessing, would be the original versions from WAY back?
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

A cleaner continuity. Not a new reboot, but they need to decide what actually counts and what doesn’t. I’m sick of stuff like Taylor’s NTT mostly using the Pre-Crisis continuity only to randomly insert New 52 elements like Starfire’s new origin, contradicting a lot of the NTT canon the team stands on.
    They need to pick one version of continuity as the base, stick with it and publish 2-page origin stories for their relevant characters/teams (like they did post Infinite Crisis) so that at least foundational elements about their main IPs are consistent across the board.
    Otherwise we’ll keep getting conflicting versions like the Power Girl from JSA being completely different from her book (and her book essentially rewriting every element about the character, from name to personality and powers).

JSA on time and with a new A-list creative team
    Legion of Super-Heroes ongoing with an A-list creative team
    JLA modeled after the Justice League Unlimited cartoon ongoing with an A-list creative team
    More great minis like Blue and Gold starring lesser used characters like the Creeper and Blue Devil
    Turn Detective Comics back into a book that focuses on the BatFamily without Batman
    Turn Action Comics back into a book that focuses on the SupermanFamily without Superman
    Bring back Showcase and Adventure Comics to feature characters without titles but keep the price down. I'm looking at you Brave and the Bold.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

For DC to realise that Wildstorm & the new Golden Age have immense potential, bring back the Vertigo imprint, make the DC showcase an animated series, to understand that Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are not the only characters in DC, plus a animated and or comic based on a Justice Society team that's made from heroes of the Multiverse .
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

The Vigil season 2
    Spirit World season 2
    Blood Syndicate season 2
    A Jace Fox miniseries
    City Boy season 2
    JL gods and Monsters gets a followup
    The Wild Storm imprint returns
    Monkey Prince season 2.
    A Boy thunder/thunderman solo on Earth 22
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-02-2024 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    I'm all-aboard for ANY 30th anniversary celebration for Tony Harris and James Robinson's Starman/Jack Knight. Word 'round industry campfire is that something may be-a brewin' in that regard!
    Shut up and take my money! Dare we hope that Robinson is finally going to do that 'Jack in Japan' story he never got around to? Hell, I'd be happy with anything Starman related. Give Courtney a new book (not by Geoff Johns, she needs a new voice), give us a book about Jack's son, or a flashback mini for Ted like we've seen for Sandman and Green Lantern. I don't care, just give me more Star people. Preferably members of the Knight family, but I'd accept another non-Knight if I had to.

Honestly, I don't really care much about the details on what DC does this year.

I'm extremely happy with the Superman line right now, loving the core titles and all the spin-offs and Elseworlds. Best the "S" line has been in fifteen, twenty years. All I ask is that DC not f*ck it up.

Nightwing has been great, just keep that up. Same for Flash, Wonder Woman, and all the other titles I'm pulling. Last couple years DC has been doing right by me, I'm not looking to rock the boat too much right now.

If there's anything I'm really after, I guess it's a full Cyborg monthly following up on his current mini. That's been solid and is moving Vic in a good direction, I'd like more of that! Feels like Hampton (the writer) was just getting his feet under him and now the final issue is up.

I wouldn't argue with someone giving Naomi another chance either, gods know that girl deserves it, but I'm not expecting miracles here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'd be into a spinoff about Helena's attempt at leading a JSA of dark horse recruits back in her own timeline.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Vigil season 2
    Spirit World season 2
    Blood Syndicate season 2
    A Jace Fox miniseries
    City Boy season 2
    Monkey Prince season 2.
    +1 To the bolded.
    I would also like more Vixen appearances, another ongoing for POC characters that go past 50 comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Vigil season 2
    Spirit World season 2
    Blood Syndicate season 2
    A Jace Fox miniseries
    City Boy season 2
    Monkey Prince season 2.

That is happening. Whatever the outcome of Hardware vs Icon was suppose to plant the seeds for that and the next wave of books. I want to say that book might already be done.

I think the delays have held back a lot of Milestone stuff.

I Hope DC would still or even more dare to give chances for smaller less popular character to have their own stories

Vic Sage gets more of a presence in a solo or miniseries.
    The Future State characters get salvaged.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If there's anything I'm really after, I guess it's a full Cyborg monthly following up on his current mini. That's been solid and is moving Vic in a good direction, I'd like more of that! Feels like Hampton (the writer) was just getting his feet under him and now the final issue is up.
    ^

This.

Short of DC announcing an ongoing Cyborg solo series i'm not sure if DC could keep me as a customer. I want to support the Cyborg character. I buy the current Titans series. DC could be selling me 3 or 4 books per month instead of 1 or 2 at best.

It's been discussed before but it seems financial gain / profit isn't Warner / DC's primary objective at times.

*shrugs*

*heads back to the independents and creator owned titles*
    Don't complain. Create.

Restore the clay origin for Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member

1) Editors that actually are consistent and doing a job. IOW people who actually prevent errors rather than try to justify them. And people who can get Waid, Johns, ... to work inside the DCU rather than in their own little worlds.
    2) A few more one and done stories. Or at least stories that aren't trying to do more than tell a simple story and not upend the current status quo.
    3) Someone steering the ship longterm. No more directions that get reversed in mid-stream.

As long as they don't insult some of their best characters the way their not-so-esteemed competition does these days, we're good.