Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Unfortunately, Firestorm's powers were fun and fantastical when readers didn't care about the physics. Now, a writer would need a masters to be able to write the character to their potential in any kind of realistic way.
    Why? This is suppose to be fiction not a science lesson.

For all the cries of being realistic-folks ignore Superman and Thor running around.

This is fiction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    A new non-Crisis "crisis" that leads to a bold new direction for DC Comics.

Speedsters throughout the universe are the first to feel it. Something is wrong with time and space. Mystical beings are the next to feel it.

Barry and Wally learn that the merging of the surviving universes at the end of COIE "pulled a thread" in the fabric of existence from the Big Bang to entropy. Each successive cosmic event/Crisis has snagged and snared the thread, pulling on more until finally, all of reality, regardless of plane or frequency, is unraveling.

There is no Big Bad pulling these strings, simply the side-effects of past tampering on the part of super-villains both fictional and real.

The only solution? Separate the post-COIE universe into its five constituent universes, despite the evolution of this universes and the universes/multiverses its spawned.

Long story short, this is achieved through the actions of a collection of characters even greater than the assemblages seen in COIE, though it's Barry Allen's sacrifice that again saves all of reality.

A new, single Multiverse is revealed. Few across this new infinitude remember the events that led to the current status quo.

DC Comics publishes books set on the following Earths, rotating regular series and mini and maxi-series as demanded by sales and fan feedback.

Earth-Zero: Ground Zero for new readers, either an "Ultimate DC" in the vein of Ultimate Marvel and the New 52 or the future of a DCU where the next generation is the focus.

Earth-One: The pre-COIE Earth-One, updated and reset. The Superman/Clark/Lois triangle is still in place, Dick Grayson has just retired as Robin.

Earth-Two: The pre-COIE Earth-Two, updated and reset. Books here are set in the modern era and in the Golden Age.

Earth-Three: The pre-COIE Earth-Three, updated and reset. Books here include a CSA title and The Adventures of Lex Luthor.

Earth-Four: The pre-COIE Earth-Four, updated and reset. The Charlton characters are the focus here, along with a certain time and dimensional traveler with a penchant for the color gold.

Earth-Five: The pre-COIE Earth-Five, updated and reset. Billy Batson utters the magic word "Shazam" and becomes this Earth's greatest and initially, only hero, The World's Mightiest Mortal: CAPTAIN THUNDER.

Earth-Six: The dark home of characters like Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, and others.

Earth-Seven: A world with no superheroes, only sci-fi characters like The Challengers of The Unknown, Adam Strange, and the Thanagarians.

Beyond these universes are others occasionally visited, universes that continue the iterations of the post-COIE Earth as separate universes instead of the heavily-altered New Earth and universe itself.
    I must admit I love most of this idea.

I feel that the Charlton characters fit well on the JLA earth and the Quality characters fit on the JSA earth. The Fawcett characters are more difficult.

The Shazams could go the JLA earth and the remaining Fawcetts go to the JSA earth...or all the Shazams & Fawcetts go to both Earths. (2 Supermen, 2 Wonder Women, 2 Batman...why not 2 Billy Batsons?)

I don't feel there enough Quality, Fawcett or Charlton characters to justify their own individual Earths.

Edit: I was mistaken. Charlton and Fawcett will fit nicely on JLA Earth. The Fawcett would just need major updating for the Silver Age...and it could be the for the best.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 02-15-2024 at 08:15 AM. Reason: I was mistaken.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Please make this happen.

PLEASE LOL
    OH. I wasn't sure what he meant at first. lol Now, I get it. I know, I'm a little thick sometimes.
    A new design for Cyborg would be neat.
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I must admit I love most of this idea.

I feel that the Charlton characters fit well on the JLA earth and the Quality characters fit on the JSA earth. The Fawcett characters are more difficult.

The Shazams could go the JLA earth and the remaining Fawcetts go to the JSA earth...or all the Shazams & Fawcetts go to both Earths. (2 Supermen, 2 Wonder Women, 2 Batman...why not 2 Billy Batsons?)

I don't feel there enough Quality, Fawcett or Charlton characters to justify their own individual Earths.
    I'd go with the old adage that "less is more." Having too many super-people or vigilantes,etc. sometimes can keep them from feeling special.

Incredible Member

Would anyone be interested in other types of DC comics other than the superhero stuff? They go a little into horror with the Constantine but I mean something away from the DCU?
    Horror, Romance,War, Westerns,etc. Know they tried with the New 52 but, again, what if they set it outside the superhero stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Would anyone be interested in other types of DC comics other than the superhero stuff? They go a little into horror with the Constantine but I mean something away from the DCU?
    Horror, Romance,War, Westerns,etc. Know they tried with the New 52 but, again, what if they set it outside the superhero stuff?
    once upon a time "filler" issues in between major stories would often be stuff like that.

Fantastic Member

Nightwing #300, so I can bid adieu to DC…

A Swamp Thing ongoing written by Grant Morrison or Tom King or Si Spurrier or PK Johnson or someone else I haven’t thought of who really vibes with the material.

I enjoyed some things about Ram V’s recent run, but I tend to find his writing style overly verbose and stilted.

I want Alec Holland in there, although maybe that’s just for sentimental reasons. I’d be fine with Ram’s Levi Kamei sharing top billing.

Beyond that, fewer crossover events. Get in line, I know.

Ram V's Swamp Thing gets a season 2.
    A return to Robinson's take on Earth 2.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Ram V's Swamp Thing gets a season 2.
    COME AT ME, BRO!

Actually, I’d read that.

Another JLD run
    Another season of Doom Patrol.
    Another Yara Flor miniseries/ongoing.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-19-2024 at 08:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Another JLD run
    Another season of Doom Patrol.
    Another Yara Flor miniseries/ongoing.
    Seconded on the JLD run, plus it's about damn time we get a JLD movie as well

Amazing Member

Actually there are way more Quality characters than Charlton. DC only owns the Charlton"Action Heroes':Blue Beetle, Peacemaker, Captain Atom, Nightshade, and the Question. Therefore you can stick them on any earth. But DC owns all the Quality Characters therefore they do need their own earth. Plus, with the unique twist of the Axis winning WW II they should have their own. I, believe Fawcett should have its own earth. Simply because of CM's importance in comic book history

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Seconded on the JLD run, plus it's about damn time we get a JLD movie as well
    Here's hoping Gunn's DCEU makes it happen.

Focus on the JSA, not the schmozzle of a book they've cured fly got. Golden Age, 90's team, whatever, just give us something good. What we've got ain't it. It's a disaster. They deserve better and can be top tier characters when done right.

I want solo books for Golden Age Starman, Rick Tyler Hourman (co-starring his father Rex), and give Mr Terrific Michael Holt another shot (more of a book of him and Pieter Cross solving murders and corporate espionage that sort of thing). They deserve it.