Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default What do you want from MARVEL Comics in 2024!?

A new DEFENDERS book would be fun!

Maybe a new teen superhero book? CHAMPIONS isn't around anymore, right? lol

Anyway, let's have any and all ideas!
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Elektra to go back to being Elektra again.
    Less forced synergy with the films.
    Mary Jane to NOT be a superhero and Paul simply disappears.

A new Young Avengers book! I've been waiting forever for this one!

An Ant-Vengers book! You can't just name drop the idea and not follow up on it. I want it Marvel!

Reunion of the classic Thunderbolts. Leading to the return of Jolt!

Hank Pym restored to normal.

Jocasta returning in a meaningful role.

Val returning from the dead and Defenders reunion to celebrate it.

Franklin and Valeria to return in FF if they haven't already.

That the X-Men's relaunch this summer is satisfying and we get some cool redesigns.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Namor has an 85th anniversary this year. I would love to see Marvel actually recognize that, as they've done with sooooo many much younger and less established characters with an anniversary logo and multiple cover themes -- including FINALLY a John Christopher Tyler action figure one. I mean, JFC, Stingray has one of those, and Namor doesn't. WTF?

More importantly, I'd like Marvel to find a GOOD writer who actually loves the character, and support a series that cleans up the mess they've made of Namor over the last two decades, at least, and restore him to his rightful place in the pantheon of Marvel's characters. He should always have a book.

For the rest of the line ... please, for the love of god, stop rehashing old stories and events. Stop drawing "ideas" and characters from the worst of the 90s. Find some decent writers and artists. Editorial sit down and look at the big picture and think about how mini-series and 6 or now 5 issue arcs are trashing characters and continuity. These mini-series are fine as one shots for some characters, but you can't sustain a storyline or decent characterization when the creative team changes every 6, or if you are lucky 12, issues. And at the price, I really want more story than what we are getting in those one story arcs. I basically gave up comics halfway through last year, partly because it was all so blah, for a ridiculous price, and because of the crap with Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member

A serious take on Ant Man that ignores all the crap he has gotten since coming back to life in Children's Crusade.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    A new Young Avengers book! I've been waiting forever for this one!

An Ant-Vengers book! You can't just name drop the idea and not follow up on it. I want it Marvel!

Reunion of the classic Thunderbolts. Leading to the return of Jolt!

Hank Pym restored to normal.

Jocasta returning in a meaningful role.

Val returning from the dead and Defenders reunion to celebrate it.

Franklin and Valeria to return in FF if they haven't already.
    Actually, I'd kind of like to see a thunderbolts series featuring bucky’s team, based on the movie that may b coming out. And what happened to Hank Pym?
    Last edited by protege; 01-03-2024 at 08:07 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Namor has an 85th anniversary this year. I would love to see Marvel actually recognize that, as they've done with sooooo many much younger and less established characters with an anniversary logo and multiple cover themes -- including FINALLY a John Christopher Tyler action figure one. I mean, JFC, Stingray has one of those, and Namor doesn't. WTF?

More importantly, I'd like Marvel to find a GOOD writer who actually loves the character, and support a series that cleans up the mess they've made of Namor over the last two decades, at least, and restore him to his rightful place in the pantheon of Marvel's characters. He should always have a book.

For the rest of the line ... please, for the love of god, stop rehashing old stories and events. Stop drawing "ideas" and characters from the worst of the 90s. Find some decent writers and artists. Editorial sit down and look at the big picture and think about how mini-series and 6 or now 5 issue arcs are trashing characters and continuity. These mini-series are fine as one shots for some characters, but you can't sustain a storyline or decent characterization when the creative team changes every 6, or if you are lucky 12, issues. And at the price, I really want more story than what we are getting in those one story arcs. I basically gave up comics halfway through last year, partly because it was all so blah, for a ridiculous price, and because of the crap with Namor.
    Oh,wow. Yeah, 85 years! Quite the milestone!
    Agreed about the prices.
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Rek-Rap on a team
    Gail Simone on a book
    Moon Knight vs Dracula in BLOOD HUNT
    Ultimate Spider-Man to be weird
    Ultimate X-Men to get to 10 issues
    New Venom direction
    Donny Cates on a book
    Jeff Loveness on a book
    fever $5.99 first issues

I'd like them to try to change the characters featured in their flagship titles.

Amazing Spider-Man becomes Miles' book, while Peter is in Peter Parker: Spider-Man.
    The Avengers features characters like Songbird, Blue Marvel, Beta Ray Bill, while Cap, Iron Man, Thor and so on are in Avengers Forever or West Coast Avengers or whatever.
    X-Men, Uncanny X-Men feature characters from New Mutants, Generation X, Academy X, etc, while Cyclops, Storm or Wolverine are in Marauders, Excalibur, etc.

Basically: put relatively new or underexposed chatracters in the flagship titles, the ones that "matter". Meanwhile, put the iconic old guard in side titles. And see what happens.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

We have been getting progressively a darker Marvel Universe. It started out very up-beat in 2016, full of positivity, and fresh landscapes of Peter Parker and Tony Stark. Then it dipped into Civil War 11 and Secret Empire, and we had Captain America attacked as a symbol, and some super heroes seemingly killed. This led to a cleaning of the house with Legacy, but Earth fell to the outskirts of the universe in a game or two with Voyager. Raids started happening, in Empyre, War of Realm, and King in black, and eventually trying to replace superheroes with DC superheroes in Heroes Reborn. More strange happenings, expanding the universe in Reckoning War, and, Judgement Day almost bringing down everything. Finally, a restructuring of the Avengers, Multiversally, while Mephisto has a hissy fit, almost gobbling up everything.

All this must have led the MU to something. Some experience that all this is worthwhile. I’d like to know what that “something” the MU was heading towards. Expanding space, Space gods, Ulysses the predictor of the Death god. Or is it all just a symbol of how dangerous our real world is, showing it in comic form?

There is a real swing in culture throughout this fast changing world. We ducked a bullet in Y2K, but can the next hacker or collapsing satellites from space debris really send us back to the Stone Age? I see a confusing future before us, filled with contesting activism, and reducing old values, that seems to denude the safety of the ethics of we were able to cling too. I find myself loosing a grip on certainty in this world of 2024, and it makes me feel like I am losing confidence, but that may just be my aging inability to cope with change. Maybe the young are more confident about the future. I hope so.

What I’d like is showing a more positive bent in the comics, more humor, more feel good stories, or, some story that makes the Earth look like the great inspiration of all the alien races out there. All the superheroes of Earth were put there as a safeguard for everything. Show this and give the SH’s a pat on the back for all that happened from 2017 to 2023.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-01-2024 at 10:35 PM.

Characters to be on model and good writers.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

Qualified writers.

Compelling storylines featuring interesting ideas and strong characterisation that is consistent with past representations of the characters. Less emphasis on crossovers/events/gimmicks.

I'm not holding my breath...

Can we get two fresh new hero teams, I don't care if Avengers are around let's see a different group of heroes form and fight for a positive cause. The second team can be mid or low level. Can we see some other folks doing stuff on, or off earth. The point is new face in Marvel. I maybe in the minority but I'm tired of the same handful of heroes.