Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    I would LOVE to have the Handbooks like they did in the 80's! The newer ones were just so...sparse. Especially when it came to details.
    Oh yes, I loved, loved, loved the 80's era Handbooks, with the detailed writeups and often multiple different artists interpretations of popular characters!

The later books, with the ugly little power bars like the back of a game card, and everybody's info squeezed into a tiny blurb so they could fit multiple entries per page, was just awful.

Plus the earlier books seemed useful as a form of 'story bible' for the writers, so they could have fast reference to various characters and their past (oh, those two have met before? Good to know before I wrote them as not knowing each other!) and their abilities (oh, Eternals are mostly unkillable, so much that it took their hated enemies thousands of years to create a special machine that could, in time, if one was strapped to it, actually kill just one? Huh, I've been writing them dropping like flies...).

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Here’s my list:
    A new Captain Avalon series
    Captain Britain Corps War Journal
    A Proudstar brothers series
    New Exiles book with Mayday Parker
    A MI13 series or miniseries
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Brian back as Captain Britain and operating in the UK. He can leave the running of Otherworld to Betsy. I'd like Chamber on MI:13 as I don't think the mutant books are doing much for him.

Danny back as Iron Fist.

I do feel the original White Tiger, Hector Ayala, should be resurrected and have his White Tiger identity restored. Bendis really treated him exceptionally badly, and I feel his fanbase deserved better than this, especially as there aren't that many Hispanic male heroes.

I would like it if the writers remembered that heroes, even ones that they don't personally find interesting, are supposed to be positive and empowering; crippling heroes by giving them massive personality flaws to make their own favourites look good is just a way to create a hierarchy with an underclass.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Here’s my list:
    A new Captain Avalon series
    Captain Britain Corps War Journal
    A Proudstar brothers series
    New Exiles book with Mayday Parker
    A MI13 series or miniseries
    Who is Captain Avalon?
    Will those Exiles also pick up American dream and Wild Thing,etc.?
    I'm guessing MI13 would be like an espionage book?
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Brian back as Captain Britain and operating in the UK. He can leave the running of Otherworld to Betsy. I'd like Chamber on MI:13 as I don't think the mutant books are doing much for him.

Danny back as Iron Fist.

I do feel the original White Tiger, Hector Ayala, should be resurrected and have his White Tiger identity restored. Bendis really treated him exceptionally badly, and I feel his fanbase deserved better than this, especially as there aren't that many Hispanic male heroes.

I would like it if the writers remembered that heroes, even ones that they don't personally find interesting, are supposed to be positive and empowering; crippling heroes by giving them massive personality flaws to make their own favourites look good is just a way to create a hierarchy with an underclass.
    Who is Iron Fist right now? Or is there one?
    Yeah,I agree with that last part. I hated when Bendis "killed" Alpha Flight in one panel of a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Who is Iron Fist right now? Or is there one?
    Yeah,I agree with that last part. I hated when Bendis "killed" Alpha Flight in one panel of a story.
    Iron Fist is currently Lin Lie- Swordmaster.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lin_Lie_(Earth-616)

My new list-
    Academy X cast to have a big role in 6160.
    A Twilight Court spinoff from Mckay's avengers.
    Tiger Division gets another miniseries.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-14-2024 at 10:47 AM.

For Marvel not to hire Bendis again.

Quality over quantity, Marvel doesn't have the talent to put out so many books and it shows.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    While Hector Ayala wasn't my favorite, I would definitely like to see more of various other male Latino/Hispanic characters, like Miguel Santos/Living Lightning, Humberto Lopez/Reptil, Gabriel Sepulveda/Defensor, Julio 'Rictor', Roberto daCosta/Sunpot, Gabriel Cohuelo/Velocidad, Antonio Rodriguez/Armadillo, Armando Munoz/Darwin, Alejandro Montoya/El Aguila, Fabio Medina/Egg/Goldballs, Manuel de la Rocha/Empath, Carlos Ayala/telekinetic member of Caterpillar Team Grey, etc.

Plus tons of others I don't care for as much, like Sam Alexander/Nova, Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider, Victor Alvarez/Power Man, Angel Espinosa/Skin, Miles Morales/Spider-Man, Benito Serrano/Toro, etc.

Yeah. The way Clint Barton, Scott Lang and Dane Whitman have been dumped on / Homerized to pump up Kate / Cassie / 'Jacks' is a shame. All three of those young women could have been introduced and pushed in a way that didn't trash the male heroes that preceded / inspired / sired them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Iron Fist is currently Lin Lie- Swordmaster.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lin_Lie_(Earth-616)

My new list-
    Academy X cast to have a big role in 6160.
    A Twilight Court spinoff from Mckay's avengers.
    Tiger Division gets another miniseries.
    Okay. Thanks! Heck, when I found a comic shop and could finally keep up somewhat regularly, John Walker was Captain America, Jean Paul Valley became Batman, Ben Reilly was Spider-Man,etc. lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

Quality over quantity, Marvel doesn't have the talent to put out so many books and it shows.
    Eh, as long as they don't let him- or any other person- have so much influence I wanted say no to letting him write A book.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

A simple limited series called...

Contest of Champions: The Reign of the Power Princess!!!

....whereby...

*Mistress Death and the Queen of Nevers present a match where the winner gets crowned The Power Princess. The match features every female character in the Marvel Universe 616.

*In addition to the title, the winner receives additional powers and paraphernalia to aid them during their reign. The winner also receives a new look and symbol/sigil identifying them as such.

*The winner aka Power Princess is not morally bound. The winner can be good or evil or something in between and choose to conduct herself in any manner that she chooses during her reign.

*The influence of both Death and the Never Queen ensures that a Power Princess cannot die during their reign. But there are far worse things than death and other levels of non-existence that can make it necessary to replace a Power Princess. Should this occur, the first runner up automatically receives the powers, paraphernalia and mantle of the Power Princess.

*The reign of the Power Princess is limited to 3 standard Earth years, at which point a new contest is held. While an individual can win multiple times, no contestant is permitted to have consecutive reigns as the Power Princess.

*The contest entails a number of random challenges which are appropriately weighted for any given set of challengers. In short, it's just as easy for a person without powers to win the contest as it is for someone already imbued with goddess-like powers.

Editorial note: Upon conclusion of the limited series, the new Power Princess becomes a central figure in ongoing titles. The Power Princess name supersedes the existing codename of a given character. So if Sue Storm, for example, were to win the Power Princess contest, she would be called Power Princess for the duration of her reign, not Invisible Woman.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-14-2024 at 02:46 PM.

Amadeus and the Protectors react to Lin Lie and Shang-chi's new changes.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-16-2024 at 04:23 PM.

Incredible Member

MARVEL has been known to try their hand with horror themed books. Usually characters that are considered "dark" like Punisher,Wolverine,etc.
    But I wonder if they could do some that has nothing to do with the MU super-hero world?

Ultimate Member

I have to disagree with people here on Bendis.

I would LOVE to see Bendis write the main Amazing Spider-man book.

His Ultimate Spider-man is one of the best ever (IMO) and it was considerably better than what Wells is doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    EVER! Let’s be crystal clear here.