Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    What are the odds that even in 2099 this is still Rich?
    Pretty sure extended lifespan isn't one of his powers. He'd be almost 100 years old in 2099 (he was a teen in the 1970s, which must be at least 10 years ago in-universe since the Fantastic Four's 1961 origin is 15 years ago, so he was born in the early 2000s as things stand). Even if he was still alive he'd surely be in no fit state to still be Nova.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-steve-orlando

ANNIHILATION 2099 #1 (OF 5)
    Written STEVE ORLANDO
    Art by IBRAIM ROBERSON
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    On Sale 7/3

Who is the last Nova?! A remote town on a remote world is devastated by the ravenous, unforgiving Knull Set, a gang of raiders and thieves obsessed with offering all life up to the darkness. But that all changes when a stranger comes to town, a stranger from the stars who answers to his own code. The last survivor of Xandar… the last Nova.

Who is the Last Nova, and what great tragedy does he carry on his back? Is he the inheritor of the Nova Corps or its destroyer? Plus, in a special backup by Orlando and Dale Eaglesham, Dracula’s ship set course for the stars, seeking the brave new world his daughter Lilith forged for the vampires of Earth. But what tragedy does fate have in store for his journey and will he ever be reunited with his people?
    Kind of hope that's not Rich, given the description. Sounds interesting, though.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Last survivor of Xandar? I don't think this Nova is human at all then, he's Xandarian.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, that's what I thought when I read the solicitation. (I was distracted halfway through posting and forgot what I was saying. )
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Last survivor? How many xandarians are there left? Surely most are dead by now. The planets been destroyed a number of times now.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rich is in Phoenix's supporting cast
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...from-the-ashes
    Interesting. Last we saw, Rich is in a coma. Will we find out how he got better?

And I hope they don't use this as an excuse to need Rich in front of Phoenix. Rich may not be on the same level, but he's incredibly powerful and should be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the most powerful heroes and villains.

Like I said earlier, I'm hoping Heir of Apocalypse will let us know how Rich gets cured.

As for nerfing him, it could just be a case of there being more emergencies than he can handle on his own. He can't be in two places at once, after all. I'm not going to get too pessimistic about it without more details.
    - Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Interesting. Last we saw, Rich is in a coma. Will we find out how he got better?
    I know, right?! I mean, enquiring minds would like to know...

And I hope they don't use this as an excuse to need Rich in front of Phoenix. Rich may not be on the same level, but he's incredibly powerful and should be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the most powerful heroes and villains.
    Agreed. After all, Richie is Nova PRIME (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-18-2024 at 10:10 PM.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Edit......

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    So new year...Are you ready to meet NOVA2099 This Summer?

Attachment 138932
    The guy in the pic looks like he is using tech rather than the Nova force? And the uniform looks similar to the MCU Nova corps outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. After all, Richie is Nova PRIME (XD)

Rich has always been one of Marvel's best character. The endless failed attempts to replace him have proved this. I don't understand Marvel's need to erase or rewrite its history. These characters are GREAT, and the still have the potential to be even greater (the many characters that are constantly being replaced by other "more modern" takes on them, such as Nova, Quasar, Captain Marvel, etc...). They should be cherished, not constantly killed or humiliated.

The guy in the pic looks like he is using tech rather than the Nova force? And the uniform looks similar to the MCU Nova corps outfits.
    And GUNS! Don't forget the guns. What? Are they being used to chanel the Nova Force, or is he just another armored space-cop?

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 04-19-2024 at 07:14 AM.