Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As of X-Factor, he and Aurora generated light (a colorful northern lights effect) when they touched, as the changes to her body from Langkowski's modifications have been reversed. That suggests he's back to default and can only create light when touching his sister.

On the other hand, in her time in Marauders, Aurora has been shown shooting blasts or explosions that appear to be concussive force, which fit nothing she could do before those changes or after those changes (when she generated bright light, not explosive force), so I have no idea what's up with that.
    Thank you so much for the info, my friend!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As of X-Factor, he and Aurora generated light (a colorful northern lights effect) when they touched, as the changes to her body from Langkowski's modifications have been reversed. That suggests he's back to default and can only create light when touching his sister.

On the other hand, in her time in Marauders, Aurora has been shown shooting blasts or explosions that appear to be concussive force, which fit nothing she could do before those changes or after those changes (when she generated bright light, not explosive force), so I have no idea what's up with that.
    IIRC, the line has been that Northstar's been able to generate light on his own since the old Alpha Flight days, but just prefers not to for whatever reason. This has gone back and forth depending on who's writing him at the time (Millar, for example, referenced him having that power "back", but I don't recall him explicitly losing it before that), but I think he's been pretty reliably shown to be able to generate light/concussive bursts solo ever since that incident with the Children of the Vault. I'd guess that's also where Aurora's upgrades came from, but I'm not sure if Orlando was the first writer to actually show her using them. I think she might have also been using them during her time with Captain Marvel's Alpha Flight.

ETA: Yeah, she's using force bolts during her time on the space team.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 01-03-2024 at 06:24 PM.

Northstar's Queer History, on panel and behind the scenes.
    A iconic MOMENT, if perhaps not well illustrated...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Northstar and Aurora have a very good hero moment in Wolverine #42 this week. If gory ultra-violence is a turn-off, though, you might want to give the issue a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Northstar and Aurora have a very good hero moment in Wolverine #42 this week. If gory ultra-violence is a turn-off, though, you might want to give the issue a pass.
    Without spoilers how much are the twins in that issue? I'm tempted to buy for them but not if it's just a couple of panels.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Without spoilers how much are the twins in that issue? I'm tempted to buy for them but not if it's just a couple of panels.
    They get three or four pages of spotlight.

They get three or four pages of spotlight.
    Ok cool. Thanks.

Another good moment for the Beaubier twins in the preview pages for Wolverine #44.

Again, if you're not keen on gore, might want to approach with caution.

Omg how did I miss him in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    At least he's on someone's radar - maybe we'll get the twins (and Kyle?) next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    He flew by at super-speed!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I had also totally missed him! (And Darwin)

At least he's on someone's radar - maybe we'll get the twins (and Kyle?) next season.
    I hope so. If not Northstar as an X-Man, I'd love to see another Alpha Flight-centric episode.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I always loved this scene in 'X-Men/Alpha Flight. I wondered what it would have been like if CC wrote Northstar more.