Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Not hard to do when only 1 shows up lol.

I love GW and BV, they make great tv and do good at world building for the most part but the exclusion of most of WW-verse was a choice and changing Devastation into a pure brute was....interesting choice.
    I guess Weisman is just one of those writers who are good in general, but trash with WW.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I guess Weisman is just one of those writers who are good in general, but trash with WW.
    Maybe. Id still put him at the top of my list for a animated creative team. If he REALLY honed in on her/universe...I think he could do great things.

And then they'll whine that Superman is mistreated and its been 10 years since his last solo movie and how he never got a sequel but they totally ignore his live action tv show and animated series.
    Yeah, this is like one of the only good places on the internet to actually discuss WW stuff. Everywhere else, reddit in particular, is just a merry-go-round of "why does WW have no great stories/iconic runs/so hard to write" and "killing Max Lord: right or wrong".

Maybe. Id still put him at the top of my list for a animated creative team. If he REALLY honed in on her/universe...I think he could do great things.
    He is really good with female villains. Demona from Gargoyles and Nerissa from W.I.T.C.H are probably my favorite female villains in animation. So he could be great in theory, but I just don't think he cares about her corner of the universe that much.

Demona is seriously one of the best villains in cartoons.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I had no idea that woman was supposed to somehow be Devastation. XD
    Ouch some downgrade.

In Wiesmans defense, not all of his limitations with WW has been his own fault. He was vocal that he intended for Cassie to be one of the founding members and had intentions to make Ares a member of the Light. However he was forbidden to use Cassie due to some weird rights issue which (if I recall rightly) stemmed from CBS claiming rights to 'Wonder Girl' due to the tv show. Which wouldn't be worked out until years later.

Thus Cassie was replaced with Miss Martian and the story heavily retooled and Ares replaced so that focus would work more on Megans side of the DC universe.

Blue Snowman got a mention one episode
    Donna Troy made a handful of appearances
    Cassie was sorta there was a faceless mob for the heroes in later seasons.

But...Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I had no idea that woman was supposed to somehow be Devastation. XD
    Ouch some downgrade.

In Wiesmans defense, not all of his limitations with WW has been his own fault. He was vocal that he intended for Cassie to be one of the founding members and had intentions to make Ares a member of the Light. However he was forbidden to use Cassie due to some weird rights issue which (if I recall rightly) stemmed from CBS claiming rights to 'Wonder Girl' due to the tv show. Which wouldn't be worked out until years later.

Thus Cassie was replaced with Miss Martian and the story heavily retooled and Ares replaced so that focus would work more on Megans side of the DC universe.

Blue Snowman got a mention one episode
    Donna Troy made a handful of appearances
    Cassie was sorta there was a faceless mob for the heroes in later seasons.

But...Yeah.
    He still had the rights to Cassie and Donna since season 2 and did nothing of note with either them. And I don't think I could be sold on Ares as a member of Vandal Savage's team. That just seems like so beneath him.

Yeah, but by that point he had already thrown out the original idea and would go on to focus on fleshing out the Martians and all the other plot points.
    Not saying it fully undoes any issues, just that some of those decisions were made because the foundation for the show was shifted.

As for Ares in the Light, yeah thats true. Though given the Light towards the end were established to be some morally grey 'necessary force' who were working to make humanity evolve through trials and tribulations, I could see where Wiesman would have used Ares.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Yeah, but by that point he had already thrown out the original idea and would go on to focus on fleshing out the Martians and all the other plot points.
    Not saying it fully undoes any issues, just that some of those decisions were made because the foundation for the show was shifted.

As for Ares in the Light, yeah thats true. Though given the Light towards the end were established to be some morally grey 'necessary force' who were working to make humanity evolve through trials and tribulations, I could see where Wiesman would have used Ares.
    He fleshed out plenty of characters that werent the on the main team throughout S2-4.

Sadly they made the conscious decision to put everything WW on the backburner in the YJ-verse instead of taking advantage to flesh them out more on screen.

Say he had originally thought to have Cassie/DOnna be with Conner in S1....they broke up Conner/M'Gann between seasons and still didnt focus on it when they could've.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Not hard to do when only 1 shows up lol.

I love GW and BV, they make great tv and do good at world building for the most part but the exclusion of most of WW-verse was a choice and changing Devastation into a pure brute was....interesting choice.

And then they'll whine that Superman is mistreated and its been 10 years since his last solo movie and how he never got a sequel but they totally ignore his live action tv show and animated series.

When I first saw this version of Devastation, I thought it was the Superman villain Rampage.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I really enjoyed YJ but the show had some weird character priorities at times.

I think Dr Cyber would've been a good choice for a member of the Light. Every other WW villain is either too powerful or they don't care about conquering the world. There's also Clea, but she wouldn't take orders from men.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    When I first saw this version of Devastation, I thought it was the Superman villain Rampage.
    And I literally thought that was Grace Cho.
    I have no idea why they changed Deva like that.
    Also...was she positioned as an enemy of Young Justice or as Cassie's personal foe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It DOEs retain several aspects of the original... and the original COULD take on this appearance if she chose to... but... this one seems to be stuck in that form.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I like to think Jimenez realized no one was every gonna top Perez's armored design so he just did a 180 on the design and have him almost no armor at all.
    Honestly could be it. And it fits the mythological Ares.