Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Cheetah in Superfriends pulled off one of the absolute best villain victories.

And this Cheetah is apparently Priscilla Rich... the one with no powers.
    Did not remember that at all, but that is a great win for Cheetah.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I've literally been going back/forth with someone over Devastation use in YJ.....and how they think she is fine where she is in the show only for them to admit that they dont even know who she is outside of the show...

Pretty sure Devastation was only in YJ is because she's an Eric Luke creation, who Weisman is I think friends with. So probably just getting his buddy a royalty.

I enjoyed Weisman's Spectacular Spider-Man show and season one of YJ, but given how WW is a non-entity in YJ for most of it and that awful Catwoman movie, I'm not really invested in seeing him do more stuff with WW. I doubt he'd be interested honestly.

I could do without Weisman's take. I didn't care for what I saw of Young Justice; thought it was trying to hard to be a show about the entire DC universe, and as I've said elsewhere, I hate the 'use every crayon in the box' approach. Too often contriving excuses to get the League out of the picture in order to justify why the selected protagonists are the heroes. The Light is tedious and sucks.

More relevant, I recall he posted a bunch of his ideas on Wonder Woman, her lore and world somewhere (probably Reddit), and I didn't like it at all. Going back and forth between Themyscira and Man's World to justify why she's been around since World War II without aging too much because she's not immortal, Amazons get their powers from the Purple Ray, barely stronger than a Nightwing villain....hard pass to all of it.

Maybe some of it can be chalked up to his trying to fit Diana into his larger world and he'd do better if he focused on just her, but I'd rather see someone else at the wheel.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Something stupid like that d-list Nightwing villain, Blockbuster, had even an decent shot at taking her on.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    More relevant, I recall he posted a bunch of his ideas on Wonder Woman, her lore and world somewhere (probably Reddit), and I didn't like it at all. Going back and forth between Themyscira and Man's World to justify why she's been around since World War II without aging too much because she's not immortal, Amazons get their powers from the Purple Ray, barely stronger than a Nightwing villain....hard pass to all of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember that. Something stupid like that d-list Nightwing villain, Blockbuster, had even an decent shot at taking her on.
    Wait, as in he said Diana could be challenged by Blockbuster?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Oh no, Devastation
    There was an episode where they were all in prison, and I didn't even realize who this character was supposed to be

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah. I don't recall what prompted it, but IIRC, he stated that while Blockbuster could never defeat Superman, he might have a chance against Wonder Woman.

Here's the actual quote:
    He could fight either one on one. Though Superman's combination of powers would make it very tough for Blockbuster to win. I'd say he'd have a better shot against Wonder Woman. Even odds.
    Didn't he also say that Superboy is stronger than Wonder Girl, despite him only being half-kryptonian? His opinions on WW and WW-related characters aren't very generous to put it mildly.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Here's the actual quote:

Didn't he also say that Superboy is stronger than Wonder Girl, despite him only being half-kryptonian? His opinions on WW and WW-related characters aren't very generous to put it mildly.
    He did. Though not by much.

But yeah, was never a fan of that.

I think the only thing fans can universally agree on with YJ is Maggie Q was a good Diana voice and they adapted Cassie near perfectly (setting aside how little she actually got to do on the show).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Pretty sure Devastation was only in YJ is because she's an Eric Luke creation, who Weisman is I think friends with. So probably just getting his buddy a royalty.

I enjoyed Weisman's Spectacular Spider-Man show and season one of YJ, but given how WW is a non-entity in YJ for most of it and that awful Catwoman movie, I'm not really invested in seeing him do more stuff with WW. I doubt he'd be interested honestly.
    Well, awful in relation to how they used Cheetah .
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I could do without Weisman's take. I didn't care for what I saw of Young Justice; thought it was trying to hard to be a show about the entire DC universe, and as I've said elsewhere, I hate the 'use every crayon in the box' approach. Too often contriving excuses to get the League out of the picture in order to justify why the selected protagonists are the heroes. The Light is tedious and sucks.

Maybe some of it can be chalked up to his trying to fit Diana into his larger world and he'd do better if he focused on just her, but I'd rather see someone else at the wheel.
    I think YJ suffered from a lack of focus as the seasons went along and from it's all-encompassing approach. The Light also grew to be more overbearing each subsequent season.

But definitely Wonder Fam and their lore never seemed like a priority for the show. Maybe that would've changed had they had a Wonder rep in season 1, but who knows.

Though also pretty much every character was nerfed on the show power-wise. On average always assume a character is a little less stronger or OP than they are in the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Here's the actual quote:

And that also lends into the age old "how strong should Amazons be in comparison to Kryptonians?" debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the only thing fans can universally agree on with YJ is Maggie Q was a good Diana voice and they adapted Cassie near perfectly (setting aside how little she actually got to do on the show).
    Yeah Cassie going at it with Lobo was great in terms of powers use. In a fight to the finish? yeah, Lobo'd have won, but it certainly wouldn't have been an easy win,. And as-is... Cassie came off looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah Cassie going at it with Lobo was great in terms of powers use. In a fight to the finish? yeah, Lobo'd have won, but it certainly wouldn't have been an easy win,. And as-is... Cassie came off looking pretty good.
    Especially with her being new to the game