Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    In that particular look, I don't disagree with you. A non-Wonder Woman fan could conceivably see that and think she is a Joker cosplayer. However, the color scheme itself is not Joker's alone. I don't know if Joker did it first, but, for unknown reasons (to me) purple and green has been a staple of villainous comic book characters forever: Luthor, Joker, Circe herself, the Impossible Man, Marvel's Morgan Le Fay, the Riddler, Green Goblin, Kang the conqueror, Catwoman, the Molecule Man, Annihilus, Mysterio, Brainiac, El Diablo et al. I am sure there are lots more. Oh, and Hulk (not a villain, obviously) as well.
    Red & blue are primary colors used a lot for heroes (Superman, Spider-Man, Captain America, even Batman wore blue once). Giving the villains the secondary colors of green and purple helped the villains stand out more and contrasted them visually with the hero.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Red & blue are primary colors used a lot for heroes (Superman, Spider-Man, Captain America, even Batman wore blue once). Giving the villains the secondary colors of green and purple helped the villains stand out more and contrasted them visually with the hero.
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Thank you! That is PERFECT! Why can't DC do something like this with Giganta in their comics? Her current costume isn't bad but it doesn't have the flair of her iconic suit.
    Why did Giganta have those spots? Is that leopard print? That has never made sense to me in regard to Giganta's powerset or backstory (unless I am missing some aspect of her story).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Thanks a lot!

Why did Giganta have those spots? Is that leopard print? That has never made sense to me in regard to Giganta's powerset or backstory (unless I am missing some aspect of her story).

Originally, Giganta was a gorilla who came from the jungle.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I think it's supposed to be giraffe spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Now I get why they're not using her traditional colors for this look. She looks like a Joker cosplay.
    Although they're his colors too, when I see purple and green I think of Catwoman.

[

To make Circe look like Post-Crisis Circe, her red eyes are as important as her purple hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I think it's supposed to be giraffe spots.
    Yeah it's giraffe print to add jungle flair, it also helps that they're the tallest mammals.

Did Sharp's Ares with the blue from Perez's depiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Did Sharp's Ares with the blue from Perez's depiction.

Thats actually really sick, love that.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

An artist after my own heart! These are so awesome (thanks for sharing them, Gaius!)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Queen Clea looks wicked awesome!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I’m sorry guys… I like Grail now.

I’m a simple mark for villains gleefully talking **** to their heroes. Always gets me excited for the fight.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's funny how Grail and Diana fought for a whole hour strait and none of the other villains woke up to help her out.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Shazam thought he was slick until Giganta one-shot him (and apparently killed Blockbuster in the process?).

Our giant gal is having such a great week.