Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Might be an unpopular opinion but I’m glad Silver Swan doesn’t have the side cut anymore
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-16-2024 at 05:29 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Might be an unpopular opinion but I’m glad Swam doesn’t have the side cut anymore
    Sampere finally makes a good design change .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sampere finally makes a good design change .
    we really need a like button on this site! lol
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think it goes:

Madness - Angle Man
    Power - Giganta
    Obsession - Dr. Psycho
    Magic - Circe
    Savagery - Silver Swan
    Divinity - Grail
    I think it went:

Madness-Angle Man
    Power-Giganta
    Magic-Circe
    Obsession-Silver Swan
    Divinity-Grail
    Hate-Dr. Psycho

But that leaves savagery hanging…?? So, I’m not sure.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Hate is for EVERYONE

Despite the obvious (Divinity and Magic), some words are used in the introduction of the villains:
    "The Power he was capable of wielding" in the case of Angle Man.
    "The depths of Mania" in Silver Swan (yes, madness would go here) but I associate her more with Obession, but I think that word is for Psycho even though the Sovereign calls him "disturbing man".
    Savagery is on Giganta, the ape, the wildness, you know, is kinda obvious to me.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I’m glad Silver Swan doesn’t have the side cut anymore
    Probably 'cause Grail already has it.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This is some good hyping. Really sells the cool/impressive factor about each of these's rogues.

Every villain needs a good hype man.

I can't wait to see Yara and Grail go at it because of their mutual lack of pants .

Also Angle Man with the emotional support angle .

I hope that bit about Vanessa being in love with WW is just Sovereign's twisted interpretation. Going from a little sis to stalker with a crush is very uncomfortable.

The side cut isn't the issue fans have with this Silver Swan.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The side cut isn't the issue fans have with this Silver Swan.
    Well, for people who didn't dislike it was probably one of their issues .

Spectacular Member

I posted this in another thread but it also applies to this particular thread on the WW rogues...

At this point I'm convinced that it's a corporate mandate from the higher ups at DC and WB that Vanessa is the Silver Swan. Why? It's clearly not popular with the readers... the ones who are actually BUYING the book, so why is it being forced down out throats? I know that King could have come up with a great new origin for Helena but I feel like he was told he had to use Vanessa.

Cheetah should be there. Her absence is a glaring omission. I'm know it's kind of a hot take around here, but (sorry, not sorry) Cheetah is Diana's Lex/Joker. All these writers come in saying WW doesn't have that "big bad" like Lex or Joker but she really does. Like Lex and Joker, Cheetah has been a thorn in Diana's side pretty much since her beginnings. She was there in Year One (WW #6, 1942) and has made more appearances in the comics than any of the rogues on that beautiful splash page. Lex and Joker have both shown up in media outside of the comics. So has Cheetah. Granted, it has been limited to the Super Friends cartoon but she's been there in merchandising (coloring books, story books, lunch boxes, etc.) and in the last feature film (but let's not dwell on that particular version.) My big complaint is that Cheetah has been pretty much "declawed" since Rebirth. Love Rucka, but his turning Barbara Minerva into a sympathetic figure in his Rebirth run was almost as much of a misstep as Perez making Steve Trevor too old to be the love interest. Barbara should be unrepentant. She's ambitious and bloodthirsty in her quest for power and wealth. Perez's original version was so much more interesting and villainous than the one we have now. She needs to get back to that and back to being the big bad that she's supposed to be.

I'm so happy to see Angle Man back! I hope King gives him the same treatment and push he gave Kite Man over in his Batman run. (Hell, yeah!) That one page of backstory already has me hooked. Kinda surprised to see that they kept his Bronze Age look and didn't redesign him. Maybe that will come later. Angle Man really was one of her more persistent antagonists in the Bronze Age so I'm happy to see him back and look forward to seeing what King will do with him.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    I posted this in another thread but it also applies to this particular thread on the WW rogues...

At this point I'm convinced that it's a corporate mandate from the higher ups at DC and WB that Vanessa is the Silver Swan. Why? It's clearly not popular with the readers... the ones who are actually BUYING the book, so why is it being forced down out throats? I know that King could have come up with a great new origin for Helena but I feel like he was told he had to use Vanessa.

Cheetah should be there. Her absence is a glaring omission. I'm know it's kind of a hot take around here, but (sorry, not sorry) Cheetah is Diana's Lex/Joker. All these writers come in saying WW doesn't have that "big bad" like Lex or Joker but she really does. Like Lex and Joker, Cheetah has been a thorn in Diana's side pretty much since her beginnings. She was there in Year One (WW #6, 1942) and has made more appearances in the comics than any of the rogues on that beautiful splash page. Lex and Joker have both shown up in media outside of the comics. So has Cheetah. Granted, it has been limited to the Super Friends cartoon but she's been there in merchandising (coloring books, story books, lunch boxes, etc.) and in the last feature film (but let's not dwell on that particular version.) My big complaint is that Cheetah has been pretty much "declawed" since Rebirth. Love Rucka, but his turning Barbara Minerva into a sympathetic figure in his Rebirth run was almost as much of a misstep as Perez making Steve Trevor too old to be the love interest. Barbara should be unrepentant. She's ambitious and bloodthirsty in her quest for power and wealth. Perez's original version was so much more interesting and villainous than the one we have now. She needs to get back to that and back to being the big bad that she's supposed to be.

I'm so happy to see Angle Man back! I hope King gives him the same treatment and push he gave Kite Man over in his Batman run. (Hell, yeah!) That one page of backstory already has me hooked. Kinda surprised to see that they kept his Bronze Age look and didn't redesign him. Maybe that will come later. Angle Man really was one of her more persistent antagonists in the Bronze Age so I'm happy to see him back and look forward to seeing what King will do with him.
    While it likely is a mandate as they mandate a lot and yet nothing at all these days....its hard to speak for the entire readership. The ones talking are but a small portion.

We saw Cheetah last month so we dont know what will be done with her. Its not as if this arc is over, its just getting started.

I think pretty much most people around here view Cheetah as Dianas Lex/Joker. But wanting her to be team Diana as she was at the end of the last run isnt going to help her that much. Cheetah still has so much potential that of course (like most Wonders) are....wasted. Mainly because they cant shine outside of the comics to build them up.

Cheetah has had ample opportunity to prove her value as Wonder Woman's big bad and has yet to do so, that's why I prefer her as a morally gray ally as opposed to Diana's Joker.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Cheetah has had ample opportunity to prove her value as Wonder Woman's big bad and has yet to do so, that's why I prefer her as a morally gray ally as opposed to Diana's Joker.
    You can't prove something when not given the opportunity to prove it.