Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Cheetah has had ample opportunity to prove her value as Wonder Woman's big bad and has yet to do so, that's why I prefer her as a morally gray ally as opposed to Diana's Joker.
    Technically, all of her big villains are morally gray at this point. Except Dr. Psycho and Dr. Poison, I guess. Cheetah, Ares, Circe, Giganta... all of 'em have a love/hate relationship with Diana at this point.

Sov should always be wearing the crown, it gives him a very distinguished look from all the other bad bald guys in the DCU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Just realized the Sovereign is basically a serious version of Monty Burns.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sov should always be wearing the crown, it gives him a very distinguished look from all the other bad bald guys in the DCU.
    Something gotta distinguish him. They should at least give him an impressive suit to wear along with it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Something gotta distinguish him. They should at least give him an impressive suit to wear along with it.
    Skjermbilde 2024-01-17 kl. 23.08.47.jpg

I think this is quite a distinguished look.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Skjermbilde 2024-01-17 kl. 23.08.47.jpg

I think this is quite a distinguished look.
    It is but he's only worn it once thus far?

WHen he's out and about he's just in a boring suit.

THis outfit isnt bad, a bit more stylish and has the eagle. He should always have an Eagle pin or something on him that makes him stand out

Fantastic Member

It is but he's only worn it once thus far?

WHen he's out and about he's just in a boring suit.

THis outfit isnt bad, a bit more stylish and has the eagle. He should always have an Eagle pin or something on him that makes him stand out
    Only once which is disappointing
    Some kind of eagle symbol would be a good idea.

You can't prove something when not given the opportunity to prove it.
    You forgot about Year of the Villain already?

WW V CHEETAH GODKILLER.jpg

Cheetah murdered Aphrodite, stole the lasso, shattered the bracelets, invaded Themyscira and waved the God Killer sword around for too many issues for it to amount to absolutely nothing, but the death of Diana's relationship with Steve. She got a big push to no avail, I'll barely mention her live action showing in WW 1984.

She's had plenty of chances but still flopped like a fish sitting on dry land.

You forgot about Year of the Villain already?

WW V CHEETAH GODKILLER.jpg

Cheetah murdered Aphrodite, stole the lasso, shattered the bracelets, invaded Themyscira and waved the God Killer sword around for too many issues for it to amount to absolutely nothing, but the death of Diana's relationship with Steve. She got a big push to no avail, I'll barely mention her live action showing in WW 1984.

She's had plenty of chances but still flopped like a fish sitting on dry land.
    1 year out of 70?

Even Lex and Joker have failed time and again
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-17-2024 at 04:24 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Lex and Joker have considerably more appearances by sheer volume, and there are still plenty of underwhelming duds in that timeframe. And both of them were cemented as the arch enemies long before superhero comics started taking themselves (too) seriously.

Fact of the matter is, WW has few actually good runs in general. The few she has tend to have a great or at least solid take on Cheetah in the mix. Diana and Priscilla/Barbara are on equal footing in that regard. Circe had a bigger push in the post Crisis era, but imo only Jimenez succeeded in selling her as the arch nemesis. Her other stories are bloated (War of the Gods) or outright bad (Amazons Attack, Who is Wonder Woman?)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lex and Joker have considerably more appearances by sheer volume, and there are still plenty of underwhelming duds in that timeframe. And both of them were cemented as the arch enemies long before superhero comics started taking themselves (too) seriously.

Fact of the matter is, WW has few actually good runs in general. The few she has tend to have a great or at least solid take on Cheetah in the mix. Diana and Priscilla/Barbara are on equal footing in that regard. Circe had a bigger push in the post Crisis era, but imo only Jimenez succeeded in selling her as the arch nemesis. Her other stories are bloated (War of the Gods) or outright bad (Amazons Attack, Who is Wonder Woman?)
    I would also say that Circe has appeared to little for the last 1.5 decade to really be an archenemy. From 2007 (Wonder Woman 2006 # 12) until now she has had 5 appearances (in the main Wonder Woman book) including this issue.

Edit: I know this really isn't about archenemy, but the Cheetah and Circe debates often go into that. And what I was trying to say was that at least Cheetah has had the opportunity to do something. No creators or DC has cared enough about Circe to use her in the main book.
    Last edited by Skytten; 01-17-2024 at 04:58 PM.

1 year out of 70?

Even Lex and Joker have failed time and again
    No not 1 year out of 70, every time she appears she gets a chance at success but usually fails. She was only ever really scary to me in her initial introduction under Perez, the Rucka issue where she murdered Priscilla Rich and the New 52 Justice League where she made Superman bleed. Maybe it's because my favorite Cheetah is Deborah Domaine, but Barbara Ann rarely wows me.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Cheetah has had ample opportunity to prove her value as Wonder Woman's big bad and has yet to do so, that's why I prefer her as a morally gray ally as opposed to Diana's Joker.

The same could be said about Circe, Ares, First Born, Liar Liar, and others. It's more about follow-up writers not building on what was established before them, whether it's in Diana's solo book or another in-continuity book.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Honestly, I think Circe in JLD's given Cheetah a run for her money. Yeah, it wasn't "the main book" but Witching Hour/War was far and away better than what's been done with Cheetah since Rucka.