Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wasn't Danny's sister resurrected?
    yep. it was a cool idea but no one did anything with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wasn't Danny's sister resurrected?
    Yes.
    Death-Sting.
    But no one’s ever followed up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! All things considered, that would've been a much more interesting direction.

I'm still hoping that happens.

Mighty Member

Did any one read the Timeless book with Luke Cage has the powers of The Hulk, Sentry and Iron Fist? From what I saw the villain was Moon Knight was revealed to be spoilers:
    Danny.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Iron Fist vs Iron man from Iron Fist #1:

iron fist vs iron man.jpg

Mighty Member

Iron Fist The Living Weapon #1 cover by Kaare Andrews. Such a great cover and cool fist effect!

Iron-Fist-TLW Kaare Andrews.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Did any one read the Timeless book with Luke Cage has the powers of The Hulk, Sentry and Iron Fist? From what I saw the villain was Moon Knight was revealed to be spoilers:
    Danny.
    end of spoilers
    Very true bro. I'll have to read it again, but I felt that Danny could have been better utilized. It wasn't a complete villainous turn though.

The Midnight Sons concept was cool. Danny edges into the mystical realm. It would have been nice to see something like that happen.

As for any type of revival, well, I'll always say it should be done with Pei, Victor, and Lin Lie. More importantly though, there has to be a clear vision of Danny Rand. He's been this and that, characterized as a well-meaning Bono to having bouts of depression to being somewhat ordinary now.

Who is Danny? That has to be defined.

And oh yeah, we have to establish him as being one of the best martial artists in the Marvel Universe. Show him kicking the crap out of Hand ninjas, Hydra agents, AIM goons, and every other Marvel henchmen that has ever henched. Show him in epic fights against Marvel's best martial artists and assassins, like Batroc, Mr. X, Wolverine, Captain America, and yeah, my boy Shang-Chi. Show him defeating some or being on the same level as others.

This is how we build Danny up.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Danny keeps showing up in stuff despite not being Iron Fist, it's almost like the world just won't let him stop doing Iron Fist things .

Iron Fist The Living Weapon #1 cover by Kaare Andrews. Such a great cover and cool fist effect!

Iron-Fist-TLW Kaare Andrews.jpg
    Yeah! Couldn't agree more. Truly ingenious (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Fantastic Member

Or how about have him come from one of the immortal cities? Or even Crane mother goes to him with an alliance for revenge? His past is an open book that could be delved into.
    When we last saw The Ninja he was a servant of Master Khan and for the most part he would only appear when Khan summoned him. The Ninja would be in some pocket dimension that Khan created for him until he was summoned again.

As we know, Khan met his end when Namor decapitated him so what has The Ninja been up to since his demise? I believe Khan's death freed The Ninja who deepened his studies in ninjitsu and black magic he became a formidable force in his own right. He rose to become his own master and possibly gathered servants across different Immortal Cities to form his own unstoppable army.

The thing about his army is they stay in the shadows and attack from within and have a long term goal of dominating all the seven cities and uniting them as one.

That's where I see The Ninja and how he could return.

Ugh, well thought I should update folks on current Iron Fist stuff. Danny did show up in Gang War, specifically the Luke Cage and Shang Chi tie-in's, but it was nothing really stand out. The most ignominious part of the story came in the climax when we had this scene:

Nope, we don't get to see Danny or Shang fighting. Just Danny complaining. Oh god, that pisses me off.

Ultimately, I think Danny could have a better showing throughout this story. People forget that even without the Iron Fist, Danny is still formidable.
    "I am a man of peace."

Need to remind myself how formidable Danny can be without using the Iron Fist:

"I am a man of peace."

"Doc" Bright (R.I.P.)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Need to remind myself how formidable Danny can be without using the Iron Fist:

Loved the 'Heroes for Hire' 90's series by Ostrander. And Ferry's art was top notch. People like to criticize the 90's but it had some good stuff. It wasn't all bad.

Just wanted to let everyone know that there's a Luke Cage and Iron Fist sale over at Comixology. Really great stories there. I'm interested in the stories that are sandwiched between the 1970s/1980s and the Brubaker/Faction run.
    "I am a man of peace."