Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Great posts everyone. Seeing the Bryne stuff was a treat.

What's apparent to me is that there are a lot of unresolved threads concerning Iron Fist. Whether that is villains, allies (more on that later), or stories, there is just so much that needs to be done. To add on to the situation, I think that K'un Lun is currently under attack and a group of K'un Lun refugees are stuck in this dimension. So where is Danny now?

For those who are following along, Danny has showed up in both Luke Cage and Shang-Chi's tie-in's. Have they been the best? Eh, I think we've seen better examples of Danny before. In the Luke Cage tie-in, he's a skilled fighter but has been beaten by some robots. I'm looking forward to the Shang Chi tie-in though. The last issue there set up a potential match up between the two. Aside from that though, there isn't anything on the horizon.

That goes for a lot of characters in the Iron Fist universe. Lin Lie, Pei, Sparrow, Davos, Brenda Swanson, the ex-Yu Ti, the Immortal Weapons, and countless others, all are just floating in limbo. That is frustrating. Read here before how there was so much potential with Iron Fist under the Brubaker/Fraction run. And now we don't have it. Danny hasn't had a definitive run.

For me the solution is a gradual one. Bring back Danny as a mentor to Pei, Victor Alvarez, and Lin Lie. These characters didn't finish their training with Danny. All three are his students who still have something to learn. In the process, we build them up. What has Pei's experience been growing up on Earth? Has Victor made amends with his father's past? What was growing up as an archaeologist's son like for Lin Lie? How does he feel about being the new Iron Fist? Under Danny's tutelage they learn new techniques and new parts of themselves. I could see all of them become prominent and popular. And in doing that, we start to build Danny up again. We see him be the mentor, but also grow, learn, let go, and become that confident kickass character.

Of course, everyone comes back back. Luke, Misty, and Colleen come back. (Indeed, with the latter, I could see going the MCU route, having her a descendant of Wu Aoshi, and getting Iron Fist powers of her own. It would probably explain why she's been drawn to the Iron Fist legacy as well). The Immortal Weapons, Sparrow, Davos, they all come back. And eventually it all ends with Danny becoming an Iron Fist again.

So for me, I feel we don't have to deny what has come before. Personally, I'm interested in Lin Lie becoming a popular character. But we can still have Danny back as the Iron Fist.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Great posts everyone. Seeing the Bryne stuff was a treat.

What's apparent to me is that there are a lot of unresolved threads concerning Iron Fist. Whether that is villains, allies (more on that later), or stories, there is just so much that needs to be done. To add on to the situation, I think that K'un Lun is currently under attack and a group of K'un Lun refugees are stuck in this dimension. So where is Danny now?

For those who are following along, Danny has showed up in both Luke Cage and Shang-Chi's tie-in's. Have they been the best? Eh, I think we've seen better examples of Danny before. In the Luke Cage tie-in, he's a skilled fighter but has been beaten by some robots. I'm looking forward to the Shang Chi tie-in though. The last issue there set up a potential match up between the two. Aside from that though, there isn't anything on the horizon.

That goes for a lot of characters in the Iron Fist universe. Lin Lie, Pei, Sparrow, Davos, Brenda Swanson, the ex-Yu Ti, the Immortal Weapons, and countless others, all are just floating in limbo. That is frustrating. Read here before how there was so much potential with Iron Fist under the Brubaker/Fraction run. And now we don't have it. Danny hasn't had a definitive run.

For me the solution is a gradual one. Bring back Danny as a mentor to Pei, Victor Alvarez, and Lin Lie. These characters didn't finish their training with Danny. All three are his students who still have something to learn. In the process, we build them up. What has Pei's experience been growing up on Earth? Has Victor made amends with his father's past? What was growing up as an archaeologist's son like for Lin Lie? How does he feel about being the new Iron Fist? Under Danny's tutelage they learn new techniques and new parts of themselves. I could see all of them become prominent and popular. And in doing that, we start to build Danny up again. We see him be the mentor, but also grow, learn, let go, and become that confident kickass character.

Of course, everyone comes back back. Luke, Misty, and Colleen come back. (Indeed, with the latter, I could see going the MCU route, having her a descendant of Wu Aoshi, and getting Iron Fist powers of her own. It would probably explain why she's been drawn to the Iron Fist legacy as well). The Immortal Weapons, Sparrow, Davos, they all come back. And eventually it all ends with Danny becoming an Iron Fist again.

So for me, I feel we don't have to deny what has come before. Personally, I'm interested in Lin Lie becoming a popular character. But we can still have Danny back as the Iron Fist.
    Al Ewing would be a good fit for a Danny solo. He's good at legacy stories and bringing disparate threads of continuity together.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-03-2024 at 03:54 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    Great idea! I wouldn't mind seeing The Ninja return as well. When those cyber ninjas invaded K'un L'un, I thought he was behind it. They did dabble a little bit into his history in Marvel Premiere back in the day but we don't know his name and where he is from. If returns, he should return as a master ninja of some sort with an army of ancient K'un L'un warriors.
    Or how about have him come from one of the immortal cities? Or even Crane mother goes to him with an alliance for revenge? His past is an open book that could be delved into.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Al Ewing would be a good fit for a Danny solo. He's good at legacy stories and bringing disparate threads of continuity together.
    A good point! Would love to see Al Ewing write an Iron Fist title. I only hope that it would have Danny become an Iron Fist again.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Ewing strikes me as the guy who would uphold Danny no longer being Iron Fist for the same reasons it was taken away from him to begin with; but I would wager he might pass the mantle from Lin Lie to Pei, and would at least set Danny up in a new role as a mentor.

Such a book would, however, almost certainly be event tie-in’s to death

Ewing already created his own Iron Fist in his AIM Avengers run .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ewing already created his own Iron Fist in his AIM Avengers run .
    Who was that?

Who was that?
    Blue Marvel's son (or one of them).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Blue Marvel's son (or one of them).
    OK thanks. I looked him up and he seemed cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    A good point! Would love to see Al Ewing write an Iron Fist title. I only hope that it would have Danny become an Iron Fist again.
    Jed McKay would also be a good choice.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-04-2024 at 10:26 PM.

Mighty Member

It's kind of crazy to strip Danny of the mantle of IF and barely use the new Iron Fist in any stories. I blame the horrid Netflix show for all of this!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    It's kind of crazy to strip Danny of the mantle of IF and barely use the new Iron Fist in any stories. I blame the horrid Netflix show for all of this!
    As well you should. That’s where all the fan backlash to Danny from the general audiences came from.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    As well you should. That’s where all the fan backlash to Danny from the general audiences came from.
    I know. When it was coming out, I thought is was going to be great with the quality of the Daredevil show. I had heard it was chosen to film last because it would have a larger budget due to the Iron Fist special effects. I was so heartbroken after watching it.

Ed Brisson's run had him run into the Midnight Sons towards the end so I thought that would be an interesting fit. He could be the optimistic one in a group of cynics.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-14-2024 at 02:41 PM.

Ed Brisson's run had him run into the Midnight Sons towards the end so I thought that would be an interesting fit. He could be the optimistic one in a group of cynics.
    LOL! All things considered, that would've been a much more interesting direction.

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Ultimate Member

Wasn't Danny's sister resurrected?