Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I know she doesn't take any @#$% but surely she's also smart enough to avoid a contrived hero vs hero fight...

Why is T'challa claiming to rule Monaco? No really, This is Monet's father's house.... he lived in Monaco. How does T'challa have claim to sovereignty in MONACO?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Why is T'challa claiming to rule Monaco? No really, This is Monet's father's house.... he lived in Monaco. How does T'challa have claim to sovereignty in MONACO?
    T'Challa clearly states that they're on Wakandan land.

Which seems weird that an "outsider" would be allowed to own a secondary home on Wakandan land, but...maybe? I'm not very knowledgeable on BP canon. It's certainly not out of the ordinary for Monet's father to have multiple homes.

But yeah, can't wait for all the BP-bro's to start hating on Monet if she gets a few licks in. They did that with MAC. IDK, maybe they have reason to be upset at the way their favorite character is being treated.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 01-11-2024 at 07:11 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    But yeah, can't wait for all the BP-bro's to start hating on Monet if she gets a few licks in. They did that with MAC. IDK, maybe they have reason to be upset at the way their favorite character is being treated.
    And that is NOT the original cover... It was rejected by Marvel.

https://twitter.com/Muaadib/status/1...792646044?s=20

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...97#post6625797

Monaco is not even in Africa.
    No outsider would have a home in Wakanda. Unless that is something that just happened but with the way Monet is talking it's like it's not recent purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    T'Challa clearly states that they're on Wakandan land.

Which seems weird that an "outsider" would be allowed to own a secondary home on Wakandan land, but...maybe? I'm not very knowledgeable on BP canon. It's certainly not out of the ordinary for Monet's father to have multiple homes.

Well, Monet's father and grandfather are diplomats I think, so maybe that's why?

Fantastic Member

Cool that she has psychic barriers covering all of her families properties. I like it.She may not be an OMEGA telepath but I have no doubt she knows how to use what she's got.I did a re-read recently and Monet seems like one of the loneliest characters in the MCU. I doubt she'll ever let anyone in.

Where Pietro at?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Cool that she has psychic barriers covering all of her families properties. I like it.She may not be an OMEGA telepath but I have no doubt she knows how to use what she's got.I did a re-read recently and Monet seems like one of the loneliest characters in the MCU. I doubt she'll ever let anyone in.
    Psionic barrier on a property....what does that even mean? How do you place psychic barriers on a piece of land? Sometimes I feel writers just be writing ish....

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Psionic barrier on a property....what does that even mean? How do you place psychic barriers on a piece of land? Sometimes I feel writers just be writing ish....
    this feels more like an intruder alarm than a forcefield..

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    this feels more like an intruder alarm than a forcefield..
    Why not just use an intruder alarm? This seems overly complicated for no reason...lol. im interested in how that even works. Is this something she is constantly maintaining and if so how? She's nver been shown to be a very powerful telepath nor one that had alot of range

Why not just use an intruder alarm? This seems overly complicated for no reason...lol. im interested in how that even works. Is this something she is constantly maintaining and if so how? She's nver been shown to be a very powerful telepath nor one that had alot of range
    Back in the Generation X days, the original "M"(the twins) was shown to be more powerful than Emma(she was more experienced). Modern writers tend to downplay all of M's abilities, but I prefer the old ways.

As for how a psionic alarm could work, I mean, psychometry shows psionic impressions persist indefinitely on objects, even when touched by a non-talented being. If psionic circuitbreakers can persist in someone's mind, even if they are far away from the original psychic(as with Xavier and Jean, for example), why not have a telepath put a psionic field over a house, and if a person breaks that field, that telepath can feel it? Makes sense to me, even if the comics don't show that very often[or ever, until now...?].
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Back in the Generation X days, the original "M"(the twins) was shown to be more powerful than Emma(she was more experienced). Modern writers tend to downplay all of M's abilities, but I prefer the old ways.
    True same here

As for how a psionic alarm could work, I mean, psychometry shows psionic impressions persist indefinitely on objects, even when touched by a non-talented being. If psionic circuitbreakers can persist in someone's mind, even if they are far away from the original psychic(as with Xavier and Jean, for example), why not have a telepath put a psionic field over a house, and if a person breaks that field, that telepath can feel it? Makes sense to me, even if the comics don't show that very often[or ever, until now...?].
    It makes more sense than BP getting licks on M
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

its written similar to how folks use runes in magic, a lot of magical theory in fiction frames magical runes ,objects and barriers in homes via barriers embedded in structures. I am not mad at it. Its creative and it lends credence to that fact that telepaths for me always work as low level reality warpers at least the mutant telepaths do and it goes along with their superiority complexes as all telepaths have them.

Mighty Member

Yep from day one M was one of the powerhouses of the team and she was a psionic one at that. We could see the psionic alarm being strictly a telepathic trick or we could expand it to monet using her telepathy in conjunction with mutant magic which I would not mind or in synergy with technology via her having her own psionic tech ( like Chucks and Emma's) that she uses..

Monet psionic.jpg

I just read BP and M spoilers:
    uses her telekinesis a couple of times. First to break free of the restraints placed on her and then to serve coffee
    end of spoilers. I also like that her codename here is M as I never liked Penance in this current era