Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Happy New Year to the best of the St. Croix family and all her fans!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Two more weeks!

Black Panther (2023) #8

T'CHALLA VS. MONET! The missing-persons cases spiraling out of Birnin T'Chaka worsens, and Black Panther is determined to find out who is behind the disappearances. What does it have to do with the St. Croix family and their daughter, the powerful Uncanny Avenger known as Monet? T'Challa is about to find out!
    Cover is so cool! Hope it's a good read.

Really would like to see her with the whole Gen X crew now that Synch and Skin are back.

As for Quicksilver, I'm pretty indifferent on ships. As long as whatever they are doing with it is well written I don't much care. Although, the Sunspot and Monet thing does seem like should result in a lot of . . . hmm. Don't what to call it. but something probably worth reading.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Here's hoping she stops pretending to be Hollow.
    For real. Worst thing to happen to the character.

In retrospect, I would say M is my second favorite OG Gen-Xer.

Reading through the series as it was being released, Synch was definitely number one (and still is) and Husk number two. I missed the Hama days, though, and the whole ordeal with the twins (as in, I've never actually read it, but I get the gist of what happened), but I did wind up gaining a bigger appreciation for Monet in Faerber's debut issue (who, as it turned out, became my least favorite writer on the series [of the issues I've actually read])

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    She look so incredible on that cover!!!
    I wanna see Monet vs Carol

I wanna see Monet vs Carol
    Carol would annihilate her but with good luck, Monet would at least give her a good fight

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Carol would annihilate her but with good luck, Monet would at least give her a good fight
    With these writers, who knows. They had Cyclops hold his own against Captain Marvel in that one-shot that made no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    With these writers, who knows. They had Cyclops hold his own against Captain Marvel in that one-shot that made no sense.
    This is true. I love Scott just as much as the next stan but WUT?!

Enh.... how exactly would Carol dominate that hard?

Enh.... how exactly would Carol dominate that hard?
    She’s stronger, more powerful, more experience and has the whole energy manipulation that should put her on top in most scenarios between them

She’s stronger, more powerful, more experience and has the whole energy manipulation that should put her on top in most scenarios between them
    Physically stronger? hmm... not sure about that....

Also Monet is almost certainly faster, and also has telepathy

Unfortunately Carol is uberpowerful these days. She can absorb and create massive amounts of energy, fly at lightspeed or faster in the vacuum of space, is hugely durable and strong. Monet at her absolute best might match her durability/strength(she did go up against World War Hulk, but he just threw her away), but she's nowhere near as fast and has no energy projection(I'm not sure if Carol has anti-telepathy measures, but in theory she might could absorb psionic energy). That's the only possible edge Monet would have against her, her telepathy and mental genius, but most writers don't even lean into that much anymore.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-06-2024 at 08:59 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Here's hoping she stops pretending to be Hollow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    For real. Worst thing to happen to the character.
    Was there ever an explanation for why Monet became Penance proper on Krakoa? Perhaps in the short-lived X-CORP?
    I've got some back reading to do since see she went all-Emplate-y at some point pre-Krakoa...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

Carol is stronger and faster.

Carol Danvers (Earth-616)
    Superhuman Strength: Captain Marvel is superhumanly strong thanks both to her hybrid organism[61] and to her ability of enhancing her physique by absorbing energy.[238] The specific level of strength has varied over the years and is dependant on how empowered she is. Originally, she was described to have the strength of ten Kree soldiers.[104] After becoming Binary, her strength levels were deemed to be potentially unlimited;[141] although these levels were significantly reduced, she remained incredibly strong in comparison to other superhumans.[5] However, since she is able to absorb and manipulate various types of energy, she can use this redirected energy to temporarily increase her physical strength even further.[259] Currently, her strength level at its resting rate allows her to support well over one hundred tons, as she was able to support the weight of a dead Celestial as one fell to Earth.[443] As a demonstration of her unlimited potential, when boosted by the energies of a nuclear explosion, she was able to knock the near-omnipotent Sentry out.[238]
    Flight: Captain Marvel is capable of propelling herself through the atmosphere and outer space at tremendous speeds.[4][59] Her ability to fly has been described as a natural capacity of sailing the planet's electromagnetic field.[61] Although her top speed is unknown, she is capable of interplanetary flight, suggesting, at least, that she can go beyond ultrasonic limits.[339][341] After first losing her Binary-level powers, Danvers proved incapable of achieving orbit or surviving unaided in space, though she was highly intoxicated when she attempted to do so which may have hampered her progress.[162] She has since proved capable of surviving and fighting in the vacuum of space.[59]
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Carol...rs_(Earth-616)

Monet St. Croix (Earth-616)
    Superhuman Strength:[14] Monet possesses enough superhuman strength to lift 10 tons.[6]

Flight: Monet is able to fly through sheer act of will and reach supersonic speeds.[78] At one point, she reached flight speeds up to Mach-3 as she flew all the way from Hungary to the United Arab Emirates.[57]
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Monet...ix_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by mace11; 01-06-2024 at 02:06 AM.

Monet by and large uses her TP as a telephone. She isnt doing Jean Grey or even Cuckoos levels of offensive attack. I cant ever recall her using TP in combat. Even if she has at one point, its not something she ever does with any regular consistency. And Carol is physically stronger. According to marvel, Monet is ranked 4 in strength capable of lifting 10 tons. Carol is capable of 50 in her base form and up to 100 as Binary

^^^^ Thanks mace11