Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    At this point, is there any telepath who doesn’t have telekinesis?
    Until Emma and the Frostitutes start throwing planes, trains, and automobiles around like ragdolls they're merely 6 telepaths that writers keep trying to force into the Grey/Summers class AFAIK...

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Until Emma and the Frostitutes start throwing planes, trains, and automobiles around like ragdolls they're merely 6 telepaths that writers keep trying to force into the Grey/Summers class AFAIK...
    The Cuckoos have low level telekinesis

Thats them using it to prank Bobby

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Cuckoos have low level telekinesis
    So does Charles...

Thats them using it to prank Bobby
    Umm, yeah... And, when was the last time we've witnessed the Stepford girls or Emma ever use TK again (the time when they all were briefly possessed by the Phoenix Force doesn't count)? Sorry, but I never bought into that entire sequence of events regarding the Stepford girls or Emma ever possessing telekinetic abilities latent or low-level.

Does anyone remember when James Proudstar suddently could fly?
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-20-2024 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Same. She's tough and strong in her normal form, and has ample ranged utility with her telepathy or thrown items (like the time in X-Factor she casually killed some mutant-killing bigot by chucking a small object into his skull with her super-strength). The Penance form is explicitly a downgrade.
    It was a bar from a jail cell.

Monet had gotten locked in jail for some reason and was waiting to get released. The cops drug in a guy who'd been caught murdering Mutants and when the guy saw Monet he boasted of what he'd done. so Monet ripped a chunk out of the jail cell bars and chucked it at him.

This is part of why I don't trust the official "10 tons" rating. She casually snapped a 1-inch steel bar and used it as a thrown weapon in a single motion. Part of why this one stuck out is that breaking the steel bar seemed to be no more effort than a normal person would expend picking up a coffee cup.

So does Charles...
    No he isnt. He may have been in the past, but his is quite powerful since this era's resurrections

Umm, yeah... And, when was the last time we've witnessed the Stepford girls or Emma ever use TK again (the time when they all were briefly possessed by the Phoenix Force doesn't count)? Sorry, but I never bought into that entire sequence of events regarding the Stepford girls or Emma ever possessing telekinetic abilities latent or low-level.

Does anyone remember when James Proudstar suddently could fly?

You dont have to beleive it, but that doesnt change the fact that it is canon. Up until this week, Monet hadnt used her TK in the books in like 8 years. Didnt negate thats been established as part of her powerset, regardless of how often we see her access it.

FYI, Warpath was flying as recently as 2017's Weapon X-Force

He's barely been used this era overall though. He was in Vita's New Mutants but largely MIA outside of that
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-20-2024 at 10:49 AM.

FYI, Warpath was flying as recently as 2017's Weapon X-Force
    I'm not sure if it was clear on panel, but I think he was shown flying in X-Force (hitting-squad) too. When the team is in the future they have to fly over the sea/ocean, Warren holds two of them, but there must be another to hold the remaining two/three characters. I always wondered how they made it, Warpath flying could explain it.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

He's barely been used this era overall though. He was in Vita's New Mutants but largely MIA outside of that
    Yuriko? OYAMA?!?!? That would explain her reluctance to save people I suppose if this is meant to be Lady Deathstrike helping X-Force..

BANNED

No he isnt. He may have been in the past, but his is quite powerful since this era's resurrections

You dont have to beleive it, but that doesnt change the fact that it is canon. Up until this week, Monet hadnt used her TK in the books in like 8 years. Didnt negate thats been established as part of her powerset, regardless of how often we see her access it.

FYI, Warpath was flying as recently as 2017's Weapon X-Force.

I'll agree to an extent... However, in Monet's case, she has always been a Telepathic/Telekinetic/Brick from her conception... And, unless my memory is failing me. Warpath simply started flying with no leadup or explanation behind him being capable of doing so.

I'll agree to an extent... However, in Monet's case, she has always been a Telepathic/Telekinetic/Brick from her conception... And, unless my memory is failing me. Warpath simply started flying with no leadup or explanation behind him being capable of doing so.
    She wasnt though. The TK was not apart of her many powers in Phalanx Covenant and Generation X. It was a later addition.

Warpath actually did get an explanation. The High Evolutionary deactivating the mutant gene prior to Revolution caused a reboot of the genetic code which activated latent abilities when restored. X-force leaned into this which how James able to discover he had the ability to fly after training under Pete Wisdom. Tabatha was able to use her powers as plasma energy beams, Jesse, who was simple a technopath, gained the ability to affect human neuro-chemistry and shut down brains. In many ways Ellis played with the concept of Secondary Mutations here before Morrison coined hte term in the era that followed

BANNED

She wasnt though. The TK was not apart of her many powers in Phalanx Covenant and Generation X. It was a later addition.

Warpath actually did get an explanation. The High Evolutionary deactivating the mutant gene prior to Revolution caused a reboot of the genetic code which activated latent abilities when restored. X-force leaned into this which how James able to discover he had the ability to fly after training under Pete Wisdom. Tabatha was able to use her powers as plasma energy beams, Jesse, who was simple a technopath, gained the ability to affect human neuro-chemistry and shut down brains. In many ways Ellis played with the concept of Secondary Mutations here before Morrison coined hte term in the era that followed
    I stand humbled
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-20-2024 at 10:02 PM.

Yes, but the first appearances of "M" are actually the Twins pretending to be Monet.

at this point, maybe they should just reveal that M is a power-mimic who has all the powers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    at this point, maybe they should just reveal that M is a power-mimic who has all the powers?
    That or being trapped in her Penence form was cramping her Telekinesis...

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yes, but the first appearances of "M" are actually the Twins pretending to be Monet.
    Whoo-hoo, I feel I've been redeemed Honestly, I've forgotten all about Claudette and Nicole impersonating their sister Monet
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-21-2024 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Link(s) added...

Not to take this too far off M topic, but the explanation makes more sense for the others than for James. Flight is in NO way an extension of his existing abilities unlike the others, which were kind of refined use of what they already possessed.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Not enthused by the idea of Monet being a TK but not especially bothered by it. It was cool to see Monet with different characters. My favorite thing about Monet is that she gives off the vibe that everyone is so tedious. I've seen her serve that dude to Cyclops, Charles Xavier, Magneto, Sebastian Shaw, Sue Storm, Spiderman, J Jonas Jameson. her superiority complex is so genuine and awesome.