Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Nah! When I think of Monet I immediately think back to the revelation that Monet's sisters Nicole and Claudette was pretending to be Monet while the true Monet was trapped in her Penance form and Marius was generally being unnecessarily mean to his siblings.
    Still like the twins version of M rather than the OG.

Fantastic Member

Monet is one of the few X-characters that interests me on a personal level. I would love to see how Monet got mixed up with Magneto, enough to join his X-men as written by Bunn.

I'm under the impression she helps her father manage the family fortune.She apparently use to party with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Per X-Factor Prince William and Prince Harry vied for her affections.And though she was trained by Emma as a student I don't get the impression Monet is fond of Emma. no concrete citation but I feel like Monet wouldd/doesregard Emma as "New Money."tacky try-hard New Money at that. I like that she appears lightly fond of (for Monet) Steve Rogers I forget which issue of Uncanny Avengers demonstrated this. my dream love interest for Monet was always Sunspot and/or Cannonball. her therapy session in X-factor showed on a deep level she is still scared and traumatized by what Marius did to her. I don't think Monet would truly connect with someone unless they had powers. I could also see a May/December romance with Stephen Strange. Surprised Monet isn't more connected to the mystical side of the MU considering her family history and the fact that they are acquainted with Gateway.

howrealmfeelsaboutemma.jpg

howrealmfeelsaboutemma2.jpg

A few pages from Generation X, just after real Monet is joining the team post-twins/Penance separation.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Techincally they were two seperate characters but I usually dont distinguish between them when I think of Monet

I don't either(even though they definitely are), which is why I always see Monet as a telepath of equal and even greater power than Emma, Emma's just older and has more experience. (Even though this feat is definitely the twins.)

I can't find the page rn, but Emma tried to force her way into M's mind when they were in a limo, and M was like "that's enough" and stopped her with enough mental power that Emma was thrown across the back of the limo. Emma was never able to learn the truth about M and the twins and Penance telepathically. (But Everett did, eventually, after synching with her so many times.)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Yeah, it was a major plot point that Emma CAN'T just steal info from Penance or M. Emma can read almost anyone with ease... but not them.

I can't find the limousine picture, either, but I found this:

...which would be the twins, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't either(even though they definitely are), which is why I always see Monet as a telepath of equal and even greater power than Emma, Emma's just older and has more experience. (Even though this feat is definitely the twins.)

I can't find the page rn, but Emma tried to force her way into M's mind when they were in a limo, and M was like "that's enough" and stopped her with enough mental power that Emma was thrown across the back of the limo. Emma was never able to learn the truth about M and the twins and Penance telepathically. (But Everett did, eventually, after synching with her so many times.)
    Yeah i wouldnt say they were more powerful than Emma. They were just very good at shielding their thoughts. They were however very vulnerable to psychic attack as Emma mindblasted them quite easily and then went on to pretty much control for the this arc

I dont think to this day M or the twins has every really been shown to use their TP offensively. Its always been defensive applications or straight up communication
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-01-2024 at 06:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I can't find the limousine picture, either, but I found this:

...which would be the twins, as well.

I concur... One if not both of the twins said as much although I suspect that's Nicole speaking being that Claudette is autistic
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-01-2024 at 06:34 PM.

M was randomly spotlighted in a lengthy section of the Women of Marvel book for her 30th Anniversary! Im SHOCKED Marvel not only rememebred but acknowledged it

Im beyond overjoed that Marvel even used 2 whole pages to write about her and it was very thoughtful and not just about her history but her impact as a black superhero. And this was in a non-X-men Marvel book, thus exposing her to so many other people that just arent familiar with her. I hope this is a sign that they have big things in store for her in 2024

ETA: Gail Simone now saying she is fascinated by her

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...00257900519833
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-28-2024 at 11:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    M was randomly spotlighted in a lengthy section of the Women of Marvel book for her 30th Anniversary! Im SHOCKED Marvel not only rememebred but acknowledged it

Im beyond overjoed that Marvel even used 2 whole pages to write about her and it was very thoughtful and not just about her history but her impact as a black superhero. And this was in a non-X-men Marvel book, thus exposing her to so many other people that just arent familiar with her. I hope this is a sign that they have big things in store for her in 2024

ETA: Gail Simone now saying she is fascinated by her

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...00257900519833
    I really loved that recap of M's backstory in the Women of Marvel one-shot and I'm overjoyed by that Gail comment, which hopefully hints at her using Monet in whatever she's working on for the X-office.

Monet pretty much confirmed to join Gail Simone's Uncanny X-Men:

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...26468655214844

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

that or a minor cameo... hard to say for sure.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Gail's Monet will be sublime, I'm stoked.