Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    People on the internet discovering Maddie and gushing about how hot she is, this is truly a new era. I wonder if her resurgence during the Krakoan era was synergy for X-Men 97? Might have been to far in advance to be intentional.
    Im pretty sure they are unrelated. Maddie returned in 2020's Hellions and X-men 97 was announced in Nov 2021

Incredible Member

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I"m still astounded they successfully sped through the knottiest moment of x-history (OG Inferno) in less than 30 minutes. The only thing that didn't work was where goblins and demons factored into anything.
    I thought the goblins and demons were just illusions conjured by Madelyne f***ing with the X-Men's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyone notice that her power signature was the same one used with Chasm in Dark Web?

Hmm . . . Chasm's energy is explicitly described as "psycho-reactive" in nature, and considering Madelyne's quite the powerful psychic herself . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Everywhere I look I see MADELYNE...
    (crossposting from JEAN GREY Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Concept art of Jean in her 90s costume from the canceled second season of Wolverine and the X-Men

At least we know that Jean's hair recovered from that bob...or were they hinting at....MADELYNE PRYOR - the center part hairstyle is the harbinger of Sinister Clones! (too much XMEN97 on the brain)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Anyone else think Madelyne’s transformation reveal would have made a good flashy fighting game super?

”They will know my INFERNO!!!!”

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Anyone else think Madelyne’s transformation reveal would have made a good flashy fighting game super?

Oh, yeah. Someday, hopefully. Great "dark magical girl" transformation sequence, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post

A shame she wasn't in the Marvel vs Capcom games.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I cant beleive she still hasnt been reunited with Cable considering he was her main motivation in Dark Web and Jean shared her memories of him with her.
    Yeah, true of comics and the TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A shame she wasn't in the Marvel vs Capcom games.
    Yeah! Too bad...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Fantastic Member

Loved that bottom panel featuring Jean, Scott, and Maddie. Anybody recognize the artist? The blurb says we only think we know the whole story. Forty years later, and we still don't. The real reason nobody knows the whole story is there was difference of vision with the writers.

--jthreee

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Loved that bottom panel featuring Jean, Scott, and Maddie. Anybody recognize the artist? The blurb says we only think we know the whole story. Forty years later, and we still don't. The real reason nobody knows the whole story is there was difference of vision with the writers.

--jthreee
    Wasn't the story basically Cyclops walked out on his wife because he found out Jean was alive,but gave his wife(Madelyne) no explanation which caused her to go insane? What different versions did future writers add to it?

--jthreee
    The whole story is everything we learn in Inferno. This was a teaser for it.

--jthreee
    Im almost certain thats Walt Simonson and we learned the whole story 35 years ago in Inferno

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wasn't the story basically Cyclops walked out on his wife because he found out Jean was alive,but gave his wife(Madelyne) no explanation which caused her to go insane? What different versions did future writers add to it?
    That didnt make her go insane but learning her origin as a Sinister clone and a demonic deal however did

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The whole story is everything we learn in Inferno. This was a teaser for it.
    Pretty much this

Fantastic Member

What I meant to say is that the whole story "behind the scenes" was that Claremont, who originally meant Madelyne to be Jean reborn through the Phoenix when she walked away from the airplane crash, and Byrne who came up with Jean to be underneath a New York River in some sort of cocoon through the Phoenix leaving her there. There was sort of conflict between the two visions who wanted their own way to bring Jean back, and the reconcilement of that was the Inferno storyline.

--jthree