Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    NP.

I wonder if not bound with the Madelyne Pryor Sinister coined name "because you had a PRIOR existence as part of Jean Grey", what name would make sense for Maddie to choose in X97? From the clips Ive seen the GOBLIN QUEEN name comes out of nowhere ...as does her self-naming "Madelyne". Maybe Jean's middle name "Elaine" after her mother would be too on the nose. I can see Regina since she gravitated towards regal in her "new" life and then maybe something referencing Grey indirectly so:REGINA ASHE

There's a movie I'd like to recommend for we Madelyne/Jean enthusiasts. It's an Alfred Hitchcock film named "Vertigo" with Jimmy Steward and Kim Novak. In the film, Stewart falls in love with a mystery woman who falls to her death. Later on, Stewart finds a lookalike of he deceased love that he obsesses about. Said lady falls for Stewart and starts dressing like previous woman to make him happy. Then there's a big surprise at the end. And I'm not sure about about giving out spoilers. But Kim Novak's character is named Madelyne.

DUM DE DUM

Give it a try. It's a great film.

--jhree
    Last edited by JThree; 04-09-2024 at 12:44 PM. Reason: mistake

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Not for me. I knew it was not Jean, but Maddie who was pregos.
    otherwise just another thing that mannequin Jean was trying to steal from our girl Maddy. Those that know...KNOW what I am talking about.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    otherwise just another thing that mannequin Jean was trying to steal from our girl Maddy. Those that know...KNOW what I am talking about.
    I'd like to know, but I'm not one of those who know. How can I be one of those of who KNOW what you're talking about?
    --jthree

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    I'd like to know, but I'm not one of those who know. How can I be one of those of who KNOW what you're talking about?
    --jthree
    Not sure if you are joking but the dream walk through the desert and the Jean mannequin scene is a character defining moment for me. It made me forever Team Maddy and it was Claremeont making it impossible for Uncanny readers to stomach the evil one note characterization of Maddy in Simonson's X-Factor in Inferno.

Heads up. Maddie returns to '97 and there's some development in her character arc

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Heads up. Maddie returns to '97 and there's some development in her character arc
    I was surprised to see her again so quickly, though I wish they worked harder to give her a unique non-goblin queen design (maybe a nod to her classic outback era do)

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I was surprised to see her again so quickly, though I wish they worked harder to give her a unique non-goblin queen design (maybe a nod to her classic outback era do)
    when she had her hair up, I thought she was Jean!

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Understandable I thought she wouldn’t come back for the rest of the season I like her reunion with a certain character this episode hopefully she is ok
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Not sure if you are joking but the dream walk through the desert and the Jean mannequin scene is a character defining moment for me. It made me forever Team Maddy and it was Claremeont making it impossible for Uncanny readers to stomach the evil one note characterization of Maddy in Simonson's X-Factor in Inferno.
    Indeed! With more breathing room for storytelling, Madelyne dreamwalk meltdown in the outback from UNCANNY #233 is a thing of beauty ripe for almost horror-like adaptation

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    when she had her hair up, I thought she was Jean!
    What would make you think that? They're two totally different women. One has had a baby. The other hasn't. If you look carefully, you'll realize they're two totally different women. Hair up or Hair down. It only took me forty years to learn the difference between Betty and Veronica. Don't be like me.

--jthree

Fantastic Member

Thirteen, it's those pages that made me sympathize with Maddie. Scott sure had a cruel streak back then. In X-Factor, when Scott finally showed Jean a picture of Maddie, Jean went, "she looks like me." And Scott responded, "She should've been you." Jean threw the picture away.

Scott was not at his best back then.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Thirteen, it's those pages that made me sympathize with Maddie. Scott sure had a cruel streak back then. In X-Factor, when Scott finally showed Jean a picture of Maddie, Jean went, "she looks like me." And Scott responded, "She should've been you." Jean threw the picture away.

Scott was not at his best back then.

--jthree
    It was a great illustration of the clone predicament and probably one of the last sympathetic portrayals of Maddie pre-Inferno.
    Definitely NOT Scott's best moment. I am glad to read that Cyclops is getting s bit of marital drama in the remixed XMEN97 adaptation of the Maddie/Scott/Jean story in the new Post-Inferno. He was a real creeper in the comics...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Thank you Emerald Gladiator. I was joking, but I couldn't remember that story off hand. Now that I saw the panels, I remember it quite well. However I think Claremont wrote those pages before X-factor's portrayal of her in Inferno. Remember, before the X-Men and Maddie "died" and went off into the Australian outback, Maddie talked to Scott on the tv screen. Still thought that had more honest emotion than anything going on between Scott and Jean at the time.

--jthree

Incredible Member

I noticed that X-Men '97 seems to have changed Maddie's energy signature from blue to pink, probably to differentiate her from Jean. (Although it would have been cool if she kept the the green/purple she had as the Goblin Queen.) When she overcomes Sinister's influence and attacks him, it's pink. Afterward, it's blue when she telepathically speaks to Nathan before giving him to Bishop, but it's pink again in this latest episode when she has a psychic flash (in contrast to Jean's psychic flash being blue).
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 04-11-2024 at 02:27 PM.