Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Surge is in the new X-Force.
    I can't believe Nori of all people will be guilty of being in two series at the same time.

Oh, well, she's probably going to just be a support character in Ultimate X-Men.

I just hope she doesn't get rockslided.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It’s an iconic thing that Pixie does, so for adaptation purposes it makes sense to roll it into her base power set.
    Figured the same.

spoilers:
    I am, however, worried about the amount of people on the island, which makes me think E is for Extinction will be way less devastating
    end of spoilers

Well hot damn! Go Surge!

Weird seeing her in Red TBH. oh well.

Now can we finally get Hellion on a roster???
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Big G did you see the RB Silva commission.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    X-men 97 spoiler from preview:

spoilers:
    Pixie shows up and somehow teleports...
    end of spoilers
    Should she even exist there? spoilers:
    Pixie
    end of spoilers debuted in the 21st century didn't she? That show shouldn't really be using anyone who didn't exist in 1997 as they couldn't have possibly been in season 6 had it happened at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I can't believe Nori of all people will be guilty of being in two series at the same time.

Oh, well, she's probably going to just be a support character in Ultimate X-Men.

I just hope she doesn't get rockslided.
    Well, Ultimate's an alternate universe version, and I think Peach just gathered up all the Japanese mutants except Sunfire who'd already been used in Ultimate Invasion.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Should she even exist there? spoilers:
    Pixie
    end of spoilers debuted in the 21st century didn't she? That show shouldn't really be using anyone who didn't exist in 1997 as they couldn't have possibly been in season 6 had it happened at the time.

Well, Ultimate's an alternate universe version, and I think Peach just gathered up all the Japanese mutants except Sunfire who'd already been used in Ultimate Invasion.
    First episode had cameos of Loa, Dust, Nature Girl and Stacy X so we have confirmations that characters that debuted post the 90's will appear, which for me is cool and a wise decission.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Big G did you see the RB Silva commission.
    I did. It was nice.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    First episode had cameos of Loa, Dust, Nature Girl and Stacy X so we have confirmations that characters that debuted post the 90's will appear, which for me is cool and a wise decission.
    Which is weird since... there's hundreds of 90s characters to use. :/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Which is weird since... there's hundreds of 90s characters to use. :/
    Like 2/3rds of Generation X.

I’m shocked, but we’re finally getting some NXM content. Anole, Prodigy, Laura and Sophie Cuckoo have all been confirmed as part if NYX’s regular cast.
    Is Anole the luckiest NXM after Laura? He’s been a regular in YXM, New Mutants and now this. I also think he was around during Aaron’s run.

I’m still hoping Wind Dancer, Hellion, Elixir and Rockslide get a regular spot somewhere. But things are improving.

Twitter thread and Q&A from Jackson Lanzing about NYX

https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...04260659069076

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m shocked, but we’re finally getting some NXM content. Anole, Prodigy, Laura and Sophie Cuckoo have all been confirmed as part if NYX’s regular cast.
    Is Anole the luckiest NXM after Laura? He’s been a regular in YXM, New Mutants and now this. I also think he was around during Aaron’s run.

I’m still hoping Wind Dancer, Hellion, Elixir and Rockslide get a regular spot somewhere. But things are improving.
    re: Anole - Mixed blessing, I'd say. He's visually distinct enough to get the occasional appearance and be consistent wallpaper, but I don't think he's been that well served character wise, despite a constant presence.

But anyway, at least so far as first glances go, looks like us Academy X fans are going to feed well for a while.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 04-11-2024 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Stupid phone...

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    re: Anile - Mixed blessing, I'd say. He's visually distinct enough to get the occasional appearance and be consistent wallpaper, but I don't think he's been that well served character wise, despite a constant presence.

But anyway, at least so far as first glances go, looks like us Academy X fans are going to feed well for a while.
    Yeah, they started making him dirty since Dissambled and Age of X-man (I blame Brisson for that).

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

This strikes me as a pretty odd lineup from the perspective of trying to sell books, rather than getting paid to write fan fiction. Ms. Marvel isn't really well liked, especially in mutant readership because she takes a staring role away from an X-Man. I didn't see any great praise for her turn into a mutant, only complaints.

Laura hasn't been able to sell her own books for a long time and has been relegated to a supporting character. A rather badly written one since at least Krakoa, and arguably quite a bit before.

The Cuckoos are not very popular, and Sophie is probably the least developed of them. At least Mindee, Esme, and Celeste have some personality.

But hey...we don't have one gay boy to pair with this new sisterhood, we have two! So that fifteen percent of the audience is likely thrilled. But while I happen to like both of these two characters, it almost seems like the writers go out of their way to build lineups that look nothing like the comic book reading audience, or anything they would be interested in. And then when this doesn't sell, they'll say Academy-X kids don't sell books as if the deck wasn't stacked by a weak line up...
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

imagine if we also get a academy squader in x-factor

please be wind dancer please be wind dancer