Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I dont get why Quentin gets so much love. We have so many telepaths already. Is it just because he's a Morrision creation? becuase he's Omega?

I just dont understand.

You got Surge. Wind Dancer. Hellion. Mercury. I would love to see them all get some spotlight.
    Yeah, me neither. Quentin Quire is basically what happens when an incel gets superpowers.

I just wish that they would have stuck with his final fate in Percy's run of Wolverine. Probably the only good action ever performed by Sabertooth without being affected by an inversion spell.

I dont get why Quentin gets so much love.
    He was the superstar of Aaron's X-Men.
    That's also the reason Oya is on the team.

Aaron tends to sour me on the characters who become his pets (Logan, Quentin, Jane Foster) but most people seem to love them.
    Also I suspect that many writers don't care much about the side books. So while they all have read WATXM, a lot of them probably never read Academy X: New X-Men or Generation Hope.

The only thing worse than Pink Poochie being in X-Men would be Santo still being dead and Wrongslide being on a team.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 03-15-2024 at 03:37 PM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I'm not expecting more than the same occasional cameos we've gotten the last couple years. Maybe Dust will score a spot on a Kamala focused book, but even if there'll be a title focused on younger characters (such as Nyx, perhaps), I think it's more likely they'll once more try to make another batch of new characters happen.

Wake me up when my Academy X gets love.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    He was the superstar of Aaron's X-Men.
    That's also the reason Oya is on the team.

Aaron tends to sour me on the characters who become his pets (Logan, Quentin, Jane Foster) but most people seem to love them.
    Also I suspect that many writers don't care much about the side books. So while they all have read WATXM, a lot of them probably never read Academy X: New X-Men or Generation Hope.

The only thing worse than Pink Poochie being in X-Men would be Santo still being dead and Wrongslide being on a team.
    Dude, the only time I ever cared about Quire was when he was hanging around with his posse during The Jean Grey School For Higher Learning era.
    I mean, Quire's clique really had potential. Sadly, it didn't last long. Once Kid Gladiator got shipped back home, I lost all interest & never quite looked back...

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-25-2024 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Finally got that commission coming from a very exciting artist. Can't wait till you all see it.

Some more lore drops & what could have been

• Cessily and Laurie were roommates in the past, since Cess was immune to her powers. But Laurie was so closed off, Cess felt neglected and would eventually leave. They would have confronted this and would have moved on from it.
    • They planned to one day build up to Julian being an Omega if they could.
    • In terms of a Hellion vs Wind Dancer battle, they note that Julian's power is better for combat. He has finer control and can have more of a versatile approach. Sofia is very strong, but she'd have to sacrifice some of that power to focus on controlling it. Personally, I take this as Sofia being a serious bruiser in serious combat, maybe even hitting harder than Julian's TK. She's just lacking the versatility telekinesis offers.
    • Wallflower COULD, in theory, use her powers to make someone not attracted to women, attracted to her. But it'd be harder than it would to attract someone who's into women.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Wow I thought the “Julian was meant to be an Omega,” thing was just another part of your bit, but that’s really what they intended. QQ really stole his thunder in all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Wow I thought the “Julian was meant to be an Omega,” thing was just another part of your bit, but that’s really what they intended. QQ really stole his thunder in all ways.
    I was right. That's why you should never doubt me or anything I say ever again.

Source
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I dont get why Quentin gets so much love. We have so many telepaths already. Is it just because he's a Morrision creation? becuase he's Omega?

I just dont understand.

You got Surge. Wind Dancer. Hellion. Mercury. I would love to see them all get some spotlight.
    Discernible standout personality. For good or ill, Quire stirs that pot of group chemistry and controversy.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Earth-6160 Surge is joining Ultimate X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Earth-6160 Surge is joining Ultimate X-Men
    That is good news. Hope we get more Academy X characters appearing in the new Ultimate Universe.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/21/ma...-men-and-more/

I didn't like Ultimate X-men but I'm glad Surge is getting the focus.

So far, everything from Ultimate X-men looks fun. I wish Momoko would put 3 cuckoos as well

I have to admit that I liked the majority of the first issue although the pacing was too slow for my taste. Now that we have Surge on board I'm more hyped.

I'm kinda suprised for Nico's addition. Will she be a mutant in this new universe? Or will she be just a witch like earth-616? Although if it's the second, wouldn't be surprised, X-men had a lot of experience dealing with the supernatural.