Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

I’m not home to show a pic but this is the one he posted

IMG_5032.jpg

Now he charges like $4000 one character
    So I’ll never be able to get another team shot regret not putting Wind Dancer in this

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I know
    But now when artist look up these two characters. RB Silva’s piece will pop up. I’m playing the long con with Marvel.

And it was actually not as bad as you might think.

Clay Mann on the other hand is surprisingly expensive now just for ONE character.
    I hope all of y’all ready to email the X office with this fantastic image!!

Yes please do

Both Clay Mann and RBSilvas

For my Academy X stans. Wind Dancer and Hellion.

Just waiting for him to send my the bigger file but here’s this for now.

RB Silva commission.

Attachment 138684
    Beautiful WIP image he posted on his IG. Outstanding.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

For my Academy X stans. Wind Dancer and Hellion.

Just waiting for him to send my the bigger file but here’s this for now.

RB Silva commission.

Attachment 138684
    This looks absolutely stunning, I'm extremely jealous now!

Nothing to be jealous about it’s free to all of you

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Nothing to be jealous about it’s free to all of you
    Do you not get a physical copy of the commission though? Just curious as I'm not sure how it works normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Wow I thought the “Julian was meant to be an Omega,” thing was just another part of your bit, but that’s really what they intended. QQ really stole his thunder in all ways.
    "Omega" is a useless term anyways.

After reading the storm solo discussion, I wouldnt mind if a few of the Academy X alumni got solos in the new era. Im curious to see if they could pull it off.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-06-2024 at 07:55 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    After reading the storm solo discussion, I wouldnt mind if a few of the Academy X alumni got solos in the new era. Im curious to see if they could pull it off.
    Prodigy's power lends itself to at least a mini, as he can experience all sorts of different genres depending on his currently adapted skillset. Trapped with people who need a doctor, and the doctor is too sick or injured to provide aid? Medical drama! Need a legal expert for some people being evicted or oppressed, and the only lawyer is on the other side? Bam, he's got the same lawyer-foo as the bad-guy's lawyer! Military tactics needed, and the only soldier is an octogenarian who *didn't* get a Super-Soldier injection? David's your soldier-boy this issue!

Wallflower and her dad working at odds could go in some various Alias vs. Killgrave directions, with the added angst of 'Killgrave' being her dad, and wanting to groom her to be as manipulative a jerk as himself. If Alias could do it, Wallflower could also explore that niche.

Dust going on a quest to find her mom (which I don't expect to be a happy ending, since I don't even know if her mom knows that she's a mutant, or is even alive...), Mercury working as an operative using her fluid body to infiltrate some anti-mutant base (counting on the fact that she can avoid hazards that would detect or keep out biological lifeforms, since she doesn't have breath or worry about exposure or whatever), whatever the F is going on with Icarus and his 'I hate being a mutant and want to die' issues being back alive and either A) not happy about it, or B) mind-wiped into a cooperative happy zombie for the peace of mind of everybody else (and his large mutant-heavy family and all the side-stories that could happen there), etc.

Many of the Academy X era kids have solo-story material baked in.

OTOH, others, like Hellion, Tag and Wind-Dancer, I kind of would prefer to see interacting with their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Prodigy's power lends itself to at least a mini, as he can experience all sorts of different genres depending on his currently adapted skillset. Trapped with people who need a doctor, and the doctor is too sick or injured to provide aid? Medical drama! Need a legal expert for some people being evicted or oppressed, and the only lawyer is on the other side? Bam, he's got the same lawyer-foo as the bad-guy's lawyer! Military tactics needed, and the only soldier is an octogenarian who *didn't* get a Super-Soldier injection? David's your soldier-boy this issue!

Wallflower and her dad working at odds could go in some various Alias vs. Killgrave directions, with the added angst of 'Killgrave' being her dad, and wanting to groom her to be as manipulative a jerk as himself. If Alias could do it, Wallflower could also explore that niche.

Dust going on a quest to find her mom (which I don't expect to be a happy ending, since I don't even know if her mom knows that she's a mutant, or is even alive...), Mercury working as an operative using her fluid body to infiltrate some anti-mutant base (counting on the fact that she can avoid hazards that would detect or keep out biological lifeforms, since she doesn't have breath or worry about exposure or whatever), whatever the F is going on with Icarus and his 'I hate being a mutant and want to die' issues being back alive and either A) not happy about it, or B) mind-wiped into a cooperative happy zombie for the peace of mind of everybody else (and his large mutant-heavy family and all the side-stories that could happen there), etc.

Many of the Academy X era kids have solo-story material baked in.

OTOH, others, like Hellion, Tag and Wind-Dancer, I kind of would prefer to see interacting with their friends.
    For good or bad, Brevoort described his era as the X-men getting back into the world. So i thought about using the Academy X kids was a good way to go.

Good pitches.

The line between Solos and Team books are becoming thinner. Cantwell's Iron man had him team up with Hellcat and form a team with Ben Reilly, Leap frog and a few others. So the graduates who couldn't expand into their own series could be the suuporting players of someone else's.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-07-2024 at 03:58 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Good pitches.

The line between Solos and Team books are becoming thinner. Cantwell's Iron man had him team up with Hellcat and form a team with Ben Reilly, Leap frog and a few others. So the graduates who couldn't expand into their own series could be the suuporting players of someone else's.
    True that. Lots of 'solos' like Thor tend to have decent-sized supporting casts, whether it's non-hero civilians getting a deeper dive, like Jane Foster, or allies like Fandral, Sif, Hogun, Volstagg, etc. X-Men: Red has been called a Storm solo in all but name, with Sunspot, Fisher King, etc. as her supporting cast, and it certainly seems that way sometimes. (Less to my taste preference, Marauders often felt like a Kitty Pryde mini, guest-starring Storm, Iceman, etc...)

I wouldn't mind an Academy X-era reunion story that focused on the story / POV of one of the characters more than others for an arc, just as the New Mutants sometimes had an arc dedicated to Ilyanna's or Dani's demons/bears.

Oh hey, on my list of pitches above, I forgot Rockslide, who definitely has some story to tell as he finds his way back or comes to terms with his new status quo (which has not been adequately explained or explored, IMO. If he's all possible Rockslide's mashed into one, why isn't he more able to change forms or appear in his human form? Are there infinite versions of him and not a single one of them can pull a Colossus and be a flesh-boy for a time? That sounds ridiculously contrived, even for a genre with people that can shrink to the size of an ant and still be super-geniuses with a brain the size of a pinhead...).

Comics have never been true solos. even when the only "superhero" is Batman... he has helpers....

I'd love a setup for the academy X era where each book focuses on a certain team and their teachers as they do... stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    True that. Lots of 'solos' like Thor tend to have decent-sized supporting casts, whether it's non-hero civilians getting a deeper dive, like Jane Foster, or allies like Fandral, Sif, Hogun, Volstagg, etc. X-Men: Red has been called a Storm solo in all but name, with Sunspot, Fisher King, etc. as her supporting cast, and it certainly seems that way sometimes. (Less to my taste preference, Marauders often felt like a Kitty Pryde mini, guest-starring Storm, Iceman, etc...)

I wouldn't mind an Academy X-era reunion story that focused on the story / POV of one of the characters more than others for an arc, just as the New Mutants sometimes had an arc dedicated to Ilyanna's or Dani's demons/bears.

Oh hey, on my list of pitches above, I forgot Rockslide, who definitely has some story to tell as he finds his way back or comes to terms with his new status quo (which has not been adequately explained or explored, IMO. If he's all possible Rockslide's mashed into one, why isn't he more able to change forms or appear in his human form? Are there infinite versions of him and not a single one of them can pull a Colossus and be a flesh-boy for a time? That sounds ridiculously contrived, even for a genre with people that can shrink to the size of an ant and still be super-geniuses with a brain the size of a pinhead...).
    "Into the Santos" has a nice ring to it. lol.

Using Rockslide would be a fun way to spoof the multiverse trend.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-07-2024 at 05:26 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Beautiful WIP image he posted on his IG. Outstanding.

Wind Dancer best New X-Man