Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Comics have never been true solos. even when the only "superhero" is Batman... he has helpers....

I'd love a setup for the academy X era where each book focuses on a certain team and their teachers as they do... stuff.
    I guess solos were defined by how many superheroes were in them or who was the focus. But in the 2010s we've seen less of a barrier between solo hero stories and team books.

The rule of thumb tends to be solos are centered around a specific character while team books are more ensembles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    True that. Lots of 'solos' like Thor tend to have decent-sized supporting casts, whether it's non-hero civilians getting a deeper dive, like Jane Foster, or allies like Fandral, Sif, Hogun, Volstagg, etc. X-Men: Red has been called a Storm solo in all but name, with Sunspot, Fisher King, etc. as her supporting cast, and it certainly seems that way sometimes. (Less to my taste preference, Marauders often felt like a Kitty Pryde mini, guest-starring Storm, Iceman, etc...)

I wouldn't mind an Academy X-era reunion story that focused on the story / POV of one of the characters more than others for an arc, just as the New Mutants sometimes had an arc dedicated to Ilyanna's or Dani's demons/bears.

Oh hey, on my list of pitches above, I forgot Rockslide, who definitely has some story to tell as he finds his way back or comes to terms with his new status quo (which has not been adequately explained or explored, IMO. If he's all possible Rockslide's mashed into one, why isn't he more able to change forms or appear in his human form? Are there infinite versions of him and not a single one of them can pull a Colossus and be a flesh-boy for a time? That sounds ridiculously contrived, even for a genre with people that can shrink to the size of an ant and still be super-geniuses with a brain the size of a pinhead...).
    Sutekh's idea of a reunion arc could be through either through different lens or one ie Santos reunites with Team Hellion.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-08-2024 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess solos were defined by how many superheroes were in them or who was the focus. But in the 2010s we've seen less of a barrier between solo hero stories and team books.

The rule of thumb tends to be solos are centered around a specific character while team books are more ensembles.
    Usually who the book is named for.... usually...

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Usually who the book is named for.... usually...
    Lol yeah.

I wonder if any of them will get a role in the upcoming NYX series.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/08/ma...e-phoenix-nyx/
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-08-2024 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Lol yeah.

I wonder if any of them will get a role in the upcoming NYX series.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/08/ma...e-phoenix-nyx/
    I’m really hoping they will, but I probably shouldn’t expect anything at this point.
    It would make sense to have the cast be something like Laura, Surge, Hellion, Wind Dancer and Elixir, though. We’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m really hoping they will, but I probably shouldn’t expect anything at this point.
    It would make sense to have the cast be something like Laura, Surge, Hellion, Wind Dancer and Elixir, though. We’ll see.
    Would love that too, but sadly it will be probably feature Kamala aka Ms. Pretender, X-23 (whom I'm already getting tired of her existence), Synch being creepy with Laura (which is basically all his character since his resurrection) and to add insult to the injury two new original characters that nobody asked for.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Would love that too, but sadly it will be probably feature Kamala aka Ms. Pretender, X-23 (whom I'm already getting tired of her existence), Synch being creepy with Laura (which is basically all his character since his resurrection) and to add insult to the injury two new original characters that nobody asked for.
    Oh, you optimist. A new Academy X series would totally revolve around the budding bromance between Quentin and Glob (because the writer would have zero ****ing clue that they were introduced as part of the same clique of students and were friends in their first appearance, since the last 15 years worth of stories about those characters have totally ignored their past characterizations / powers / histories, etc.).

Surge is in the new X-Force.

Congrats SURGE!!!!!

Now get me Wind Dancer on X-Factor or NYX lol

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm so excited for Surge on X-Force. She should clash with just about every other team member LOL

A small victory for the Academy X fanbase, but still a victory.

I hope Thorne explores Surge's friendship with Forge. He was the one who made her new gaunlets post M-Day after all.

X-men 97 spoiler from preview:

spoilers:
    Pixie shows up and somehow teleports...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    A small victory for the Academy X fanbase, but still a victory.

I hope Thorne explores Surge's friendship with Forge. He was the one who made her new gaunlets post M-Day after all.
    Yes, I’m really happy she is getting her chance. She used to be one of the most important members of the generation but she’s probably gotten the smallest roles since NXM ended. Pretty much everyone else from the core cast has had more focus than her.
    I’m also hoping her connection to Forge is addressed. I think they could have added some tech to her new look.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm so excited for Surge on X-Force. She should clash with just about every other team member LOL
    Happy as well
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    X-men 97 spoiler from preview:

spoilers:
    Pixie shows up and somehow teleports...
    end of spoilers
    Well, her ultimate universe version could do the same too.

It’s an iconic thing that Pixie does, so for adaptation purposes it makes sense to roll it into her base power set.