Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Academy-X wasn't my first foray into X-Men, but it was always my favorite. The thing I loved about X-Men had always been the school setting. Teenagers learning about themselves and their powers becoming superheroes together. Once they broke away from that, it really became the same as Avengers. Especially as the writers cycled in and out and brought the same feel to everything.

Quite frankly, when it's just superhero teams, I'll take DC over marvel any day. JLA over Avengers. Titans over full grown X-Men, and anything DC with magic (Constantine, Zatana, Dr. Fate) over Strange. Just my personal opinion. FF and Doom are an exception really bc I've always loved Doom. But I never found anything in DC I enjoyed as much as the stories at the Xavier Academy focused on the students. There's just nothing there with the setting and the depth of early O-5 Xmen, New Mutants, and Academy-X/New X-Men.

It is such a shame they had Akademos Habitat and didn't do a damn thing with it.
    Marvel and DC stagnate so it's harder to keep interest in the under 20 crowd. Ironically the X-men is more built for legacies and passing the torch than the other Marvel heroes. So having the Academy X step up would've been great. There was the era after Decimation but that became undone.

There isn't a real solution outside of alternate universes like the MCU and Ultimate Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Marvel and DC stagnate so it's harder to keep interest in the under 20 crowd. Ironically the X-men is more built for legacies and passing the torch than the other Marvel heroes. So having the Academy X step up would've been great. There was the era after Decimation but that became undone.

There isn't a real solution outside of alternate universes like the MCU and Ultimate Universe.
    Yeah would be nice to see the Academy X to finally grow up (heck the Young Avengers debuted around the same time and they have been allowed to get older).

The justification of Jordan White that the Academy X made the X-men feel older was always dumb. That and the poor treatment he enforced towards the Academy X kids, are some of the reasons that I'm happy that he is no longer the main X-editor and hope he doesn't return ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah would be nice to see the Academy X to finally grow up (heck the Young Avengers debuted around the same time and they have been allowed to get older).

The justification of Jordan White that the Academy X made the X-men feel older was always dumb. That and the poor treatment he enforced towards the Academy X kids, are some of the reasons that I'm happy that he is no longer the main X-editor and hope he doesn't return ever again.
    He's not wrong but I'm not sure it's a problem for the X-men. It's not like most if their appeal was being teens like Spider-Man.

Here's hoping the 6160 capitalizes on the younger mutants.

New Universe, new Team.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Here's hoping the 6160 capitalizes on the younger mutants.

New Universe, new Team.
    I agree but I wouldn't get my hopes up. The 6160 universe is pretty tame in the characters they choose to focus on. It would be cool if Ultimate X-men breaks that trend.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-19-2024 at 12:01 PM.

Well, the spotlight month of Uncannyxmen.net has finished officially today. During this month the site added spotlight pages for Rockslide, Rubber Maid, Network and Preview (who share it together), Dj, Trance, Sean Garrison (aka Wallflower's evil dad), and finally Hellion.

A pity they didn't do spotlight pages for characters like Mercury, Surge, Anole, Indra, Loa, Bling! or Tag, but hopefully they'll keep adding them in the future.

^^^OMG! Glad Trance is finally getting the recognition she deserves (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-29-2024 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Well, the spotlight month of Uncannyxmen.net has finished officially today. During this month the site added spotlight pages for Rockslide, Rubber Maid, Network and Preview (who share it together), Dj, Trance, Sean Garrison (aka Wallflower's evil dad), and finally Hellion.

A pity they didn't do spotlight pages for characters like Mercury, Surge, Anole, Indra, Loa, Bling! or Tag, but hopefully they'll keep adding them in the future.
    Oh cool. I should give them a look.

Don't think I care much about the alternate reality hopping story about a bunch of different Wolverines vs Onslaught, but this Mercury cameo from Gage's Weapon X-Men made me chuckle.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Uncannyxmen.net has an updated profile on Hellion. Gosh, it surely is time he reappears. WITH floating hands as that made him so cool. And while I'm at it, have the Age of X look, damn, he was sexy there, hot hot hot.

See here: https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/hellion
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 03-08-2024 at 01:00 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Wow, Kid Omega wins again a spot on one of the main teams.
    How does he do it? Seriously?

I’m happy for Oya though. The Krakoa age wasn’t kind to her.

And of course Kate and Emma are leading a new team of unknown students. This always happens.

I’m so sorry Academy X/New X-Men fans.

But maybe new X-Men editorial will see that generation how 2000s saw the Generation X former students, as potential replacements on the main teams.

I dont get why Quentin gets so much love. We have so many telepaths already. Is it just because he's a Morrision creation? becuase he's Omega?

I just dont understand.

You got Surge. Wind Dancer. Hellion. Mercury. I would love to see them all get some spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I dont get why Quentin gets so much love. We have so many telepaths already. Is it just because he's a Morrision creation? becuase he's Omega?

I just dont understand.

You got Surge. Wind Dancer. Hellion. Mercury. I would love to see them all get some spotlight.
    I think he’s become the go-to, “rebel with a bad attitude” character PLUS he fills the quota of having a young character on the team. And I guess his powers are not NOT visually interesting.

My main gripe with him is that he has the same character arc in every book he’s in. If anyone needs a break it’s that lil school s$(&:@r.

So... It looks like another era where the NXM are mostly ignored.
    But I'm wondering if maybe some of them will be part of the cast of NYX alongside Laura? I feel like that book is our last hope. Or maybe one or two join X-factor again?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So... It looks like another era where the NXM are mostly ignored.
    But I'm wondering if maybe some of them will be part of the cast of NYX alongside Laura? I feel like that book is our last hope. Or maybe one or two join X-factor again?
    Maybe, but…..
    There are still so many main mutants missing that can be a part of the X-Factor and X-Force teams: Colossus, Archangel, Iceman, Polaris, Rachel, Betsy, Dazzler, Thunderbird, Forge, Bishop, Havok and everyone from New Mutants, Cable’s X-Force, And GenerationX that isn’t Magik and Jubilee, before you even get to the NXM roster.