Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Talia al Ghul Appreciation 2024

A 2024 appreciation thread for Talia al Ghul.

Batman: Urban Legends #6

First appearance: Detective Comics #411 (May 1971)
    Created by: Dennis O'Neil (writer), Bob Brown (artist) and Dick Giordano (concept)

Happy New Year to Talia and her fans .

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for The Daughter of the Demon

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

With all the Bat villains getting series now, the one I would actually really be interested in reading would be one about Talia. There's so much depth and interest in her character to be explored.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    With all the Bat villains getting series now, the one I would actually really be interested in reading would be one about Talia. There's so much depth and interest in her character to be explored.
    I’d be interested in seeing someone try to actually make her and Bruce’s relationship tragic, and give her a “pre-evil cliché” personality that is still less passive around her dad.

She could use some story where she abandons her dad and his plans, than has some other conflict leading her to choose to be evil on her own.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Couldn't agree more. With all the men in her life, this series would be quite the page-turner (IMHO):

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Graham Nolan cover.

TaliaDemon.jpg

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

If they did decide to give her a series, I wouldn't want them to make her any kind of anti hero, the hero of her story yes...but not a hero of any of fashion. She should be quite the crazy murder cult leader that she is.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Couldn't agree more. With all the men in her life, this series would be quite the page-turner (IMHO):

I think Bruce, and Damian would like to have a word with her about this, and the Shadow War.

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    I think Bruce, and Damian would like to have a word with her about this, and the Shadow War.
    Not to mention all that business concerning Leviathan, as well...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I'd rather Talia's story not be about the men in her life for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Aw... yes, that's some nice art.

I loved the rightful parallel Gail Simone recognized between Talia and Scandal Savage as both being the favored daughters of the Immortals. Shame that Scandal's story transferred to Talia in Nolan's "DARK KNIGHT RISES". Being aware of the storyline "coincidence" derailed much of my enjoyment of the portrayal of the character there.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-10-2024 at 05:38 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Talia Al Ghul is the most fascinating femme fatale in all of comics IMO. I Love the way JW and PT write her. Though I Love that she is the one genuine villain that can throw Bruce off his game, he always seems like he wants to arrest her AND save her. I'd like to explore her dynamic with the rest of the DCU I'd like a closer examination of her alliance/feud with Lex Luthor. During the "Leviathan Rising" storyline. Clark Kent wrote an article for the Daily Planet describing Talia as "The World's most alluring terorist."The way she is able to maneuver powerful men is awesome. Bruce, Lex, Superman, Felix Faust. Calculator said he doesn't think there is a straight man that can resist Talia. She is a non-meta woman that storms her way through the DCU doing as she pleases is so awesome and unique IMO. Talia's discussion with Ra'a during the Gotham villains anniversary villain story "the second eye"Where Ra's was telling Talia she is ultimately alone in the world and should always be able and willing to take care of herself. It was such wonderful insight into what makes her the cold, closed off and manipulative woman we all know and love. Here is hoping for a great 2024 for The Daughter of the Demon.