Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Laura was featured prominently in the krakoa era, yet the substance of her appearances were feeble and uncharacteristic of the character she was in past years. I ponder what will become of Laura in the next phase of mutant comics? It is my hope that we will see a Laura akin to what we had some years past. I would ask the opinions of my fellow x-23 fan. What do you all want going forward?
    Talon back from the dead, or at least acknowledging that Laura the second is a separate and distinct individual instead of treating characters as fungible; or how about just not getting narratively gaslit in general?
    Last edited by Nazrel; 03-25-2024 at 07:21 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Laura was featured prominently in the krakoa era, yet the substance of her appearances were feeble and uncharacteristic of the character she was in past years. I ponder what will become of Laura in the next phase of mutant comics? It is my hope that we will see a Laura akin to what we had some years past. I would ask the opinions of my fellow x-23 fan. What do you all want going forward?
    I wish to go back with her to previous era. Krakoa was **** for her, only two instances that were great were X-Terminators and Captain Marvel (not even X-book).
    Also I hope to forget about Talon, what Duggan has done with her made him irredimable in my eyes and I'm never reading any book written by him. I hope she never comes back, cause let's face it, all she has to do is Synch, nothing more. No plot, no relationships, nothing, only "longest romance in X-Men history" that in 99% happened off panel.

I’m personally tired of X playing so nice. Let’s change things up again. Wanna see her lose her ****. Kill gabby off and let Laura go on a rampage

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    IÂ’m personally tired of X playing so nice. LetÂ’s change things up again. Wanna see her lose her ****. Kill gabby off and let Laura go on a rampage
    How crass. I believe one of Laura’s best qualities is the ability to surpass the indignation bestowed upon her by her former years. Her character development, at least for a time, was reflective on this. Seeing Laura regress in such a manner would be a shame ( though appears to be the new status quo) after reflecting on the progress she has made as of yet. I would desire to see Laura in a tactical leader position amongst the other protagonists. She would use her learnt skills to advance the mutant agenda, whilst remaining true to her developed self. The idea of x-force being a mutant CIA was intriguing. I ponder how it would fair with Laura in a place of prominence within the ranks ( with all stated development), instead of a run of the mill bruiser modeled after her “father”.

How crass. I believe one of Laura’s best qualities is the ability to surpass the indignation bestowed upon her by her former years. Her character development, at least for a time, was reflective on this. Seeing Laura regress in such a manner would be a shame ( though appears to be the new status quo) after reflecting on the progress she has made as of yet. I would desire to see Laura in a tactical leader position amongst the other protagonists. She would use her learnt skills to advance the mutant agenda, whilst remaining true to her developed self. The idea of x-force being a mutant CIA was intriguing. I ponder how it would fair with Laura in a place of prominence within the ranks ( with all stated development), instead of a run of the mill bruiser modeled after her “father”.
    You know damn well X will go crazy if they kill off Gab’s. Wanna see a change, see her cut loose. Doesn’t mean she has to be a rage monster. Super assassin who wrecks shop

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Cool wallpaper!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Let her get some rage back. And no more wolverine she is x-23 we already have Wolverine.
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    I’m personally tired of X playing so nice. Let’s change things up again. Wanna see her lose her ****. Kill gabby off and let Laura go on a rampage
    I personally have had enough of Marvel killing off sweet innocent children being killed off to give another character a reason to go dark, on a rampage, and lose their ****. If that's what it takes to give her an edge, then I want her to stay in the background because that will be a story or character, I will have no interest in following.

Amazing Member

Wolverine #47 was probably the closest thing to X-Force time Laura that we had in years. It was bloody and brutal.

It appears Laura will be featured quite prominently in the ladder half of X this year. Nyx, heir of apocalypse, blood hunt, and IÂ’m sure there is something IÂ’m missing( canÂ’t remember). Hopefully in some( though more likely one or less) of these we will get a Laura reflective of what we have seen her solos. By that I mean a Laura that has had some decent character development and that is not the rage induced Logan swap(the status quo). Nyx in particular could be promising. I would implore the new writers to invoke a smart, tactically sound, and empathetic Laura; one who is in touch with her compatriots and does not fly off the handle at the first sign of trouble.

Laura has been suffering from a major sense of identity crisis ever since All New Wolverine/X-men Red. I dont think Marvel knows what the hell to do with her and they just keep throwing her in random books with no vision or progression to her character development. Despite being around for as long as she hs, I dont thin she has a core group of characters that she has bonded with except those in her family and maybe Jubilee and Gambit. Most times she will seemingly connect with someone but those get no followup in subsequent runs that they might as well be non-existent. Hello Cable, Gentle, Trinary, Kwannon? Can anyone even summarize her character arc in Krakoa? She went from Fallen Angels to X-men to X-Terminators to X-Force and soon NYX. We'll have to wait and see how that gos but it looks lik she'll be playing second fiddle to Kamala. She had all the potential to be a really successful and popular character but Marvel fumbled her so bad. Its tragic

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Laura has been suffering from a major sense of identity crisis ever since All New Wolverine/X-men Red. I dont think Marvel knows what the hell to do with her and they just keep throwing her in random books with no vision or progression to her character development. Despite being around for as long as she hs, I dont thin she has a core group of characters that she has bonded with except those in her family and maybe Jubilee and Gambit. Most times she will seemingly connect with someone but those get no followup in subsequent runs that they might as well be non-existent. Hello Cable, Gentle, Trinary, Kwannon? Can anyone even summarize her character arc in Krakoa? She went from Fallen Angels to X-men to X-Terminators to X-Force and soon NYX. We'll have to wait and see how that gos but it looks lik she'll be playing second fiddle to Kamala. She had all the potential to be a really successful and popular character but Marvel fumbled her so bad. Its tragic
    That’s kind of how it’s always been lol. NYX, X-Men, New X-Men, X-Force, her solo, Academy / Arena, O5, Wolverines, ANW, X-Men Red, Fallen Angels, X-Men, X-Terminators, X-Force. She’s always bounced around titles while barely retaining any supporting cast or characterization from the last ones. After her family I’m genuinely not sure who her next most consistent supporting character is. Probably Jean Grey? But she’s definitely not one of Jean’s biggest supporting characters.

I don’t think this is necessarily a Laura problem. It’s just due to her being the token popular young character who gets thrown into whatever the new attempt at making young characters popular is and then when the rest of the cast fade into obscurity forever she’ll move to a new book. She’s had supporting characters but they’re all in comic limbo right now.

She also can’t seem to graduate to being a core part of the X-Men because Logan will always be the Wolverine in events and flagships. When she is used it’s because the writer couldn’t get Logan and figured she’s close enough. tl;dr Here’s hoping that NYX Vol. 3 doesn’t join Runaways, NYX, New X-Men, Young Avengers, Avengers Academy, Champions, and all the rest as the well liked but soon forgotten young superhero book of 2024.

(For what it’s worth, Kamala has had a similar problem since she lost her solo / original writer. I suspect she’ll at least be bouncing around with Laura as the relatively popular young mutant they use to prop up books in the future.)

Amazing Member

This is a literal shower thought but is her last name named after Mount Kinney? Like not storywise of course

Astonishing Member

Don't take it as a confirmation, but over the past few days numerous insiders reported, that spoilers:
    Dafne Keen will reprise her role as X-23 in Deadpool and Wolverine, and apparently it's actually pretty important role, not just a cameo.
    end of spoilers
    But once again, take it with grain of salt.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 04-22-2024 at 12:21 PM.