Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Having had time to think it over, what was the actual point of bringing Talon back? They didn’t do anything with clone angst, Talon barely did anything at all, and now they’re probably going to phase her out in a way that’s detrimental to the arc Laura would otherwise have. I get that Synch is currently a writer’s pet and Talon was a way of putting him in a better place or whatever, but like. Was there really no plan? We had an entire Children of the Vault mini and she didn’t participate at all. Am I supposed to feel something now other than confusion and mild annoyance? Why? They never planted anything lol. I guess it’s good whump for Synch fans.

Actually come to think of it what was even the point of The Vault? It kind of just sucked three characters in for a year and then sat ominously in the background until it got resolved in a miniseries featuring different characters. As Krakoa comes to an end it really feels like the post-Hickman team had no plan whatsoever.
    Let’s be real, everything post-Hickman was basically them spinning their wheels to artificially extend the era until they finally got back on track for the end of it.

Astonishing Member

Some just for fun pondering.

If Marvel was to greenlight a X-23 cartoon show for a more grown up audience akin to Invincible, Blue Eye Samurai or various anime, the creators would likely have the usual free reign to play fast and lose with the established comic canon (up to ignoring it completely), which would include being able to tie characters to her (both in her backstory and the "present day" time the show could take place in) who have no such relation or history with her in the comics.

This would especially apply to "free" characters who aren't well known or remembered by a wider audience and therefor won't feel out of place suddently being tied into her story.

Considering that in the comics Laura, despite having been around for almost 20 years now, is severely lacking in having much of a re-occuring or remembered supporting cast outside of the X-men teams, nor many personal enemies, this would be a neat way to fill these gaps without having to create too many new characters from scratch.

So who could be ideal for such roles?
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-19-2024 at 05:22 PM.

Well, I don't watch cartoons, but this looks like a cool idea.

I think that my first choice would be one of the Mastermind Sisters. They can use telepathy and mind control, and can cause illusions with their mind control. So they could be shown as being involved in helping to program her to make her an assassin.

I want to suggest using a more obscure villain to act as a fellow member Kimura's training to give her a rival. Haymaker doesn't really count because they ended up on Laura's side. And I would rather not use Bellona for this role as she already has one. I can't really think of anyone off of the top of my head that would fit Laura's age group, though. So maybe it is an older trainee of Kimura. Sorry that I am having brainlock and can't name an actual candidate.

When X-23 first leaves Kimura and the Facility maybe she could encounter the MLF and become a member for a very short time before leaving them behind as enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Some just for fun pondering.

If Marvel was to greenlight a X-23 cartoon show for a more grown up audience akin to Invincible, Blue Eye Samurai or various anime, the creators would likely have the usual free reign to play fast and lose with the established comic canon (up to ignoring it completely), which would include being able to tie characters to her (both in her backstory and the "present day" time the show could take place in) who have no such relation or history with her in the comics.

This would especially apply to "free" characters who aren't well known or remembered by a wider audience and therefor won't feel out of place suddently being tied into her story.

Considering that in the comics Laura, despite having been around for almost 20 years now, is severely lacking in having much of a re-occuring or remembered supporting cast outside of the X-men teams, nor many personal enemies, this would be a neat way to fill these gaps without having to create too many new characters from scratch.

So who could be ideal for such roles?
    I think that it would be really cool to have the NYX crew as co stars. Kiden’s power set would be a lot of fun to play around with in animation and if the show skews more mature then you could get some epically violent scenes. Logan would have to be a reoccurring character imo, just to ensure multiple seasons lol. For more obscure characters not in the X office I think that the show could bring in some of the kids from Avengers Academy/Arena. I thought Avengers Arena was super fun to read and it was incredibly dark for a marvel book imo.

As for a villain for Laura I like the idea of Kingpin. Something I’d like to see in the comics is after fall of x Kingpin is owed some favors by the mutants. I’d like to see him request Laura as hired muscle and she would have to outwit him to avoid becoming a hired assassin again. That or he points her towards bad people that probably deserve to die (murders/rapists just the worst of humanity) but she has to struggle with her old nature Vs her new life.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Bellona reasions for being evil is Kimura was nice to her... and that it. I guess she's a Daredevil villan now

Well looks like Talon is officially gone for good now. What a lackluster ending to OG Laura. RIP 2003-2024

Thankfully both Lauras are the original, Talon and Wolverine. Cause if Laura isn't the real one then so is over half of Krakoan population? Like everyone that went through resurrection protocols is as original as Wolverine Laura is.
    Also Talon would have to be written as character not prop to be missed. She was only source to Synch misery, pain etc. I'm glad it's finally over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well looks like Talon is officially gone for good now. What a lackluster ending to OG Laura. RIP 2003-2024
    Forgot not laura died. Such a good day Bellona apperance and talon gone. What's next.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Thankfully both Lauras are the original, Talon and Wolverine. Cause if Laura isn't the real one then so is over half of Krakoan population? Like everyone that went through resurrection protocols is as original as Wolverine Laura is.
    Also Talon would have to be written as character not prop to be missed. She was only source to Synch misery, pain etc. I'm glad it's finally over.
    No, not really.
    The original was still around, so she's was clearly a copy; it doesn't stop being true just because "implications".
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    No, not really.
    The original was still around, so she's was clearly a copy; it doesn't stop being true just because "implications".
    Nah, "original" you're talking about was only here to serve Synch. It wouldn't make any sense to reduce a her to only love interest and then fridge her horribly, would it? So clearly both are originals.

Only one can be an original and the original is now officially dead

Why? It's a comics world, anything is possible?

Even if not that makes Duggan even shitter writer then he already is.

I fell in love with young clone mutant looking for her way in life. I can still be here for my favorite clone

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Why? It's a comics world, anything is possible?

Even if not that makes Duggan even shitter writer then he already is.

I fell in love with young clone mutant looking for her way in life. I can still be here for my favorite clone
    bc thats literally how the story played out. She lived a long life and never died until recently

Astonishing Member

By that reasoning, it can be argued that almost every A- and B-list X-men except for Storm is officialy dead.

Infact once this sorry status quo is over, one could pull out some bingo cards and see which character present managed to survive without getting officialy killed.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-07-2024 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    By that reasoning, it can be argued that almost every A- and B-list X-men except for Storm is officialy dead.

Infact once this sorry status quo is over, one could pull out some bingo cards and see which character present managed to survive without getting officialy killed.
    LOL...I dont know why you and others try to use that argument against me. Yes every one brought back by Krakoa are clones and have officially died. Im actually thinking the Phoenix Force is gonna be used to nullify that via a mass resurrection that resets all the characters and removes any possibility of tainting but thats oviously just a theory