Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowItMakesSense View Post
    Steph is a breath of fresh air in many ways, but I'm biased since I always drifted towards Robin comics as a pre-teen. Hopefully we get some good Steph content in the year to come. I think a good Birds of Prey style team with Barbara and the BatFam members who aren't in their own book like Tim and Cass could be a good shout, á la Batgirls but with more scope.
    I also hope for good Steph content in 2024! If they could just add her to the current Birds of Prey book with Cass, Babs, and Canary, I'd be very excited!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I don't think they need all three Batgirls there (Kelly Thompson is a big Cassandra Cain fan, hence her being there, and Babs was only excluded for plot reasons and is now joining), but yes, Steph should find a team somewhere. Given Tim needs a home too, another Young Justice run would do the job.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think they need all three Batgirls there (Kelly Thompson is a big Cassandra Cain fan, hence her being there, and Babs was only excluded for plot reasons and is now joining), but yes, Steph should find a team somewhere. Given Tim needs a home too, another Young Justice run would do the job.
    Need? No. Want? YES!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I'd prefer Young Justice over Birds of Prey honestly. I enjoyed Batgirls but clearly it didn't do anything for Steph as she's the only Batgirl without a home, so I'd like to see her away from Babs and Cass for awhile and try some new dynamics. I've always wanted to see her interact more with Conner/Superboy, Cassie/Wonder Girl and Bart/Impulse on a Young Justice team full time.

All-New Member YouKnowItMakesSense's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'd prefer Young Justice over Birds of Prey honestly. I enjoyed Batgirls but clearly it didn't do anything for Steph as she's the only Batgirl without a home, so I'd like to see her away from Babs and Cass for awhile and try some new dynamics. I've always wanted to see her interact more with Conner/Superboy, Cassie/Wonder Girl and Bart/Impulse on a Young Justice team full time.
    I'd like this too but inevitably with them at least to begin with she'd be defined by Tim. Ultimately I think the three would learn to love her regardless but they'd know her by the fact she's Tim's ex primarily to begin with. Having said that, that kind of YJ silly dynamic á la the Peter David run would work well for Steph and I liked her a lot in the Bendis run.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'd like this too but inevitably with them at least to begin with she'd be defined by Tim. Ultimately I think the three would learn to love her regardless but they'd know her by the fact she's Tim's ex primarily to begin with. Having said that, that kind of YJ silly dynamic á la the Peter David run would work well for Steph and I liked her a lot in the Bendis run.
    I just don't trust anyone in the YJ editorial or fandom to appreciate Steph, whereas I feel like the BOP audience has a much higher likelihood of appreciating her. Plus, given Steph's relationships with Cass, Tim, Dinah, and Babs, I think YJ doesn't have very many hooks for her.

Why does it feel dc dislikes Steph? Like instead of her in the new Damian series it's babs. I do get it but still. Like they haven't done much with her

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why does it feel dc dislikes Steph? Like instead of her in the new Damian series it's babs. I do get it but still. Like they haven't done much with her
    I am extremely salty about this. Now it's possible that Steph will show up, so I don't want to judge the series before it's complete, but the marketing is extremely salt-inducing for Steph fans.

Babs seems to be in it because she's paired with Dick.

They already know Steph, she joined the team when Bendis was writing them. So why would they only think of her as Tim's ex?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Grrrr. Not better!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They already know Steph, she joined the team when Bendis was writing them. So why would they only think of her as Tim's ex?
    Because I honestly think the writers and fans of the late 90s YJ think of Steph only as Tim's ex. It's not fair, but that's 100% of my experience with that demographic.

I mean, Cass also isn't in the book though admittedly she didn't have quite a bit of screentime with Damian in her Batgirl tenure like Steph did.

I mean, Cass also isn't in the book though admittedly she didn't have quite a bit of screentime with Damian in her Batgirl tenure like Steph did.
    I'm just extremely salty. There's still hope, since Juni Ba did draw Steph and Cass in the Truth and Justice story a while back, but. The marketing really, really annoys me.

The thing is Steph out all the batgirls are closest with Damian. Plus she was a Robin too they have all the other robins but not Steph. The again dc really tries to walk the line with that one.

I hope it's not just because she dating date but also because she the oldest along with dick. I don't mind she with dick but I hope it's also due to the fact she and him are the oldest so that's why the two are pair

Also let's not forget Carrie Kelly is in this book but not Steph
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-17-2024 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The thing is Steph out all the batgirls are closest with Damian. Plus she was a Robin too they have all the other robins but not Steph. The again dc really tries to walk the line with that one.

I hope it's not just because she dating date but also because she the oldest along with dick. I don't mind she with dick but I hope it's also due to the fact she and him are the oldest so that's why the two are pair

Also let's not forget Carrie Kelly is in this book but not Steph
    DC has really contracted their Batfamily stuff in general, I think, and Steph in particular. There was a big push in Infinite Frontier, with Robins, Josh Williamson's Robin #5, and Batman vs. Robin to make Steph's legacy as Robin important - but it seems like maybe someone who isn't there anymore (Abernathy or Chen) was behind that.

but yes. My salt continues to be salty. But you know, it is five issues. It's quite possible Steph will show up later.