Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Clint Barton: Hawkeye Appreciation 2024

He is the worlds Greatest Marksmen, he is Clint Barton, he is...
    H a w k e y e

Stuff that's been happening recently:
    - Absolutely nothing as far as I am aware

What's next?:
    - Black Widow & Hawkeye mini which I am very much looking forward to. I always enjoy them together and the premise is an intriguing contrast to the more frequent stories where he comes to her aid.
    - There's a chance he'll appear in Avengers Twilight. We know he'll be a variant cover and while that doesn't mean much it would make sense for him to show up in one of these.

Personal Hopes:
    - Maybe become a mainstay in a team book or a frequent guest in something that lasts longer than 4-6 issues.
    Since Captain Marvel ended at #50 I'm as starved for some long form storytelling as I am for more Hawkeye stuff

Last years thread can be found here.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for Clint Barton: Hawkeye (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Happy New Year to the Avenging Archer and his fans !

Hope 2024 is a better year for Clint.

Mighty Member

I wonder it's just another empty promise again like 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I wonder it's just another empty promise again like 2023?
    Let's hope not...

I mean we already know at least one thing is coming so that's already one more than last time.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I mean we already know at least one thing is coming so that's already one more than last time.
    Only because it's the 60th Anniversary of his debut this year. If not because of the anniversary, do you think Marvel would probably launch a book featuring Hawkeye?

Astonishing Member

Only because it's the 60th Anniversary of his debut this year. If not because of the anniversary, do you think Marvel would probably launch a book featuring Hawkeye?
    Does the fact that its due to the 60th anniversary mean that we shouldn't be happy about it? Why go looking for a dark cloud in the silver lining?

We can't know for sure whether Marvel would have given Clint his own miniseries or not without the anniversary, but its certainly not out of the question. They have given him plenty of others over the years - Fabian Nicieza's HAWKEYE series. Jim McCann's HAWKEYE & MOCKINGBIRD series as well as the NEW AVENGERS: THE REUNION; WIDOWMAKER and HAWKEYE: BLINDSPOT miniseries. Matt Fraction's HAWKEYE run. Jeff Lemire's ALL-NEW HAWKEYE run. The HAWKEYE: FREEFALL miniseries just a couple of years ago.

And that's just solo projects. Its not that far back that Clint was the lead of the OCCUPY AVENGERS series, and it was just last year that he was the team leader of a new THUNDERBOLTS miniseries.

So, yeah, I do think its entirely possible that Marvel would do another project featuring Hawkeye. We may not be getting as much of Clint as we want lately, since he hasn't been an active Avenger for a while...but its not like he's been forgotten. He's still around -- and hopefully he'll soon find his way back into a more consistent spotlight again.

To quote P!NK: So what?

It's like saying we only got so much Hawkeye between 10 and 15 or so because of the MCU.
    Like it's true, sure, but we still got it.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Does the fact that its due to the 60th anniversary mean that we shouldn't be happy about it? Why go looking for a dark cloud in the silver lining?

We can't know for sure whether Marvel would have given Clint his own miniseries or not without the anniversary, but its certainly not out of the question. They have given him plenty of others over the years - Fabian Nicieza's HAWKEYE series. Jim McCann's HAWKEYE & MOCKINGBIRD series as well as the NEW AVENGERS: THE REUNION; WIDOWMAKER and HAWKEYE: BLINDSPOT miniseries. Matt Fraction's HAWKEYE run. Jeff Lemire's ALL-NEW HAWKEYE run. The HAWKEYE: FREEFALL miniseries just a couple of years ago.

And that's just solo projects. Its not that far back that Clint was the lead of the OCCUPY AVENGERS series, and it was just last year that he was the team leader of a new THUNDERBOLTS miniseries.

So, yeah, I do think its entirely possible that Marvel would do another project featuring Hawkeye. We may not be getting as much of Clint as we want lately, since he hasn't been an active Avenger for a while...but its not like he's been forgotten. He's still around -- and hopefully he'll soon find his way back into a more consistent spotlight again.
    Oh man, I keep forgetting that was a thing. Like the whole blowout of turning Clint into a murderer who got off and suddenly he's like a man of the people with Red Wolf...not a great era for Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Okay this hilarious but also ouch, my boy, no

My Twitter

Okay this hilarious but also ouch, my boy, no
    ^^^This made me laugh out loud first time I saw it. Glad you liked it.

Ran across this pic randomly earlier, wanted to share…:

Very neat. If you learn one thing in these years Hawkeye threads: People here like old school Clint. Like, a lot.

My Twitter

He is the worlds Greatest Marksmen, he is Clint Barton, he is...
    H a w k e y e

Stuff that's been happening recently:
    - Absolutely nothing as far as I am aware

What's next?:
    - Black Widow & Hawkeye mini which I am very much looking forward to. I always enjoy them together and the premise is an intriguing contrast to the more frequent stories where he comes to her aid.
    - There's a chance he'll appear in Avengers Twilight. We know he'll be a variant cover and while that doesn't mean much it would make sense for him to show up in one of these.

Personal Hopes:
    - Maybe become a mainstay in a team book or a frequent guest in something that lasts longer than 4-6 issues.
    Since Captain Marvel ended at #50 I'm as starved for some long form storytelling as I am for more Hawkeye stuff

Last years thread can be found here.
    The last time I saw him was in that 5-issue not very good run of Thunderbolts. Has he appeared anywhere else since then?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.