Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    That book basically serves as a plot-driven for "Fall of X" event. But since a new status quo is on the way, Uncanny Avengers is unlikely return since Steve is back on the regular book unless he got his own team book yet.
    That volume is indeed over. No more issues are solicited. Who knows what'll happen after Blood Hunt though. Steve's new team might just be for Blood Hunt.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I agree there isn't really a set endgame pairing in mind--that's why I put "endgame" in quotation marks; it was just meant to convey a general sense as opposed to an actual set plan. I just get the impression that if most writers or editors were asked who they felt Tasha was most likely to end up with, it would be Bucky rather than Clint or Matt.

As for the friends-with-benefits, please don't misunderstand me to think that I am suggesting there is a lack of deep emotional connection there. My emphasis is on the "friends" part. I know people often use "friends with benefits" and "f**k buddies" interchangeably but when it comes to Clint and Natasha I am making a subtle but important distinction between those two terms. The latter is a much more a surface and physical relationship, lacking in emotional depth -- like a one-night stand that is ongoing rather than a one time thing. When I say Clint/Natasha are friends-with-benefits, I mean that their former romantic relationship turned into a very solid, very deep friendship, but it still has a physical component when they are both single and interested because those sexual sparks are still there.

I just don't see those sparks actually turning into a real romantic relationship between them again. I think both of them have moved on from the idea of them as a couple. There is still a very strong connection between them and always will be....but the idea of them actually becoming an official "couple" again just doesn't feel right to me.
    The latest "Women of Marvel" has confirm they are the shipping relationship symbiote wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Given that the first issue of the BLACK WIDOW AND HAWKEYE mini hasn't even hit the stands yet and the May solicits only came out a few days ago, it may be a little premature at this point to be worrying about where Clint's going to be after June.

Hopefully he'll have some more stuff coming up, but its a little early at this point for it to be announced. In the meantime we've got the miniseries and the BLOOD HUNTERS story to look forward to.
    They said the same thing for Thunderbolts run and yet nothing has ever happen after this.
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 02-29-2024 at 07:38 PM.

I bought a graphic tablet recently to hopefully get into drawing as another past time and my third piece since was made according to this prompt:
    new challenge draw your comfort character wearing their most traumatic experience on a t-shirt
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I bought a graphic tablet recently to hopefully get into drawing as another past time and my third piece since was made according to this prompt:

That's cool! Nice art .

One of the last. He's not THE last if Logan's alive, because Wolverine's been an Avenger too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's cool! Nice art .
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One of the last. He's not THE last if Logan's alive, because Wolverine's been an Avenger too.
    Well teeeechnically I don't think we know whether Wasteland Logan was an Avenger before or whether the new avengers happend like they did in 616 in the first place but also I don't think Ashley even knew about Wolverine. It's been a while since I read any of the wasteland stories outside of dipping into the audio dramas with their own continuity and a much kinder Ashley Barton
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/black-widow-hawkeye-marvel-comics-first-issue-preview/#5

Preview of Black Widow & Hawkeye #1
    spoilers:
    My guess is that it's an attempt by Clint to fake his death after like assassin #3 otherwise they probably would have used a named character if that was supposed to be a serious encounter.
    end of spoilers

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/black-widow-hawkeye-marvel-comics-first-issue-preview/#5

spoilers:
    My guess is that it's an attempt by Clint to fake his death after like assassin #3 otherwise they probably would have used a named character if that was supposed to be a serious encounter.
    end of spoilers
    I don't think Marvel will be satisfied until everyone has a symbiote.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    The characterization and voice sound fine but I find the Symbiote very distracting.

I still don't quite get why. She barely did anything in those venom issues she starred in (unless she came back later, I didn't stick around) and I almost have the feeling even less people read the last thunderbolts than the previous take so if the pay off was in those I'll probably never know.
    I'm quite glad Steph Phillips at least plans to bake some tension into the trios dynamic but it feels like a "if life gives you lemons" kinda situation since I doubt the symbiote was introduced to Natasha's story for the anniversary mini either.

My Twitter

Amazing Member

I haven't read any non-Star Wars Marvel since Secret Empire, but I'm interested in this series. The Black Widow symbiote stuff is making me wonder how lapsed-reader-friendly it'll be, though.

I thought I might give that Thunderbolts mini a try too, since I like Clint, Monica, and the T-bolts, but it seems like it wasn't very well-received.

Thoughts on issue #1:
    spoilers:
    So Clint did indeed kill the man or so he claims. I am curious what the reason will be. I hope it's done better than when he killed Banner.
    - Interesting to see that Clint mentions "their cycle" and being kinda rude about it. But it's an intriguing approach even if it's mostly down to the same reasons the X-Men have issues with the avengers never helping: The writers just kept em separately because they wanted to even if it doesn't necessarily make sense for the characters.
    - So he's indeed with Mockingbird currently. Blegh. (Yeah, yeah, personal opinion)
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RogueWhistler View Post
    I haven't read any non-Star Wars Marvel since Secret Empire, but I'm interested in this series. The Black Widow symbiote stuff is making me wonder how lapsed-reader-friendly it'll be, though.

I thought I might give that Thunderbolts mini a try too, since I like Clint, Monica, and the T-bolts, but it seems like it wasn't very well-received.
    Yeah it unfortunately wasted a lot of potential.

My Twitter

Thoughts on issue #1:
    spoilers:
    So Clint did indeed kill the man or so he claims. I am curious what the reason will be. I hope it's done better than when he killed Banner.
    - Interesting to see that Clint mentions "their cycle" and being kinda rude about it. But it's an intriguing approach even if it's mostly down to the same reasons the X-Men have issues with the avengers never helping: The writers just kept em separately because they wanted to even if it doesn't necessarily make sense for the characters.
    - So he's indeed with Mockingbird currently. Blegh. (Yeah, yeah, personal opinion)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was wondering if I was reading too deeply into Bobbi's dialogue. It definitely felt more than just friendly the way she was describing things between them.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Not really sure how I feel about spoilers:
    Snapdragon showing up in the last few pages way back when. I don't think they ever said the Marvel Fanfare story was their first meeting but I am still kind of good thing / bad thing about the appearance.
    end of spoilers

Thoughts on issue #1:
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I was wondering if I was reading too deeply into Bobbi's dialogue. It definitely felt more than just friendly the way she was describing things between them.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Probably just more like ex-spouses in a good place.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-13-2024 at 06:40 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Mighty Member

I try to read today issue but it's hard to digest or invest since Clint has been irrelevant for so long I couldn't enjoy the best moment he has with Black Widow. I blame Marvel because no other writers want to acknowledge the Thunderbolt team he leads since it suffer from poor sales and mixed reviews.