Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The last time I saw him was in that 5-issue not very good run of Thunderbolts. Has he appeared anywhere else since then?
    Barring any possible guest appearances I may have missed or forgotten about: Nope.

Spot on description of the Thunderbolts mini too.
    Shame, I really liked the premise and roster.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Barring any possible guest appearances I may have missed or forgotten about: Nope.

Spot on description of the Thunderbolts mini too.
    Shame, I really liked the premise and roster.
    Marvel feels the same way it seems because they've pretty much dropped the team and their very existence entirely.

It really feels like such a waste.

I read the entire Thunderbolts miniseries and the only thing I remember is Luke Cage wearing a yellow suit coat to work as Mayor Of New York City.

Really?!

It's like Marvel thought that we wouldn't know he was Luke Cage so we get the Mayor of New York wearing a banana colored suit to work.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I didn't think Hawkeye got the respect he deserved in that Thunderbolts run. Cage telling Photon that the only reason he had Hawkeye lead the team was because she said no. Bah!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

That is somewhat in line with Clint playing dumber than he is. But he's not the only one who had a bad showing on the team, they all had - it was pretty much what the story was about.
    My main issue was that having a whole run about a diverse team being humiliated by some apes only for Cops of all things to handle it in 30 seconds flat is questionable at the best of times in the modern day but it's also something you can only really pull off if you pay it off within an ongoing story where the team has learned from it. In a mini that ends right afterwards it just feels frustrating.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

That is somewhat in line with Clint playing dumber than he is. But he's not the only one who had a bad showing on the team, they all had - it was pretty much what the story was about.
    My main issue was that having a whole run about a diverse team being humiliated by some apes only for Cops of all things to handle it in 30 seconds flat is questionable at the best of times in the modern day but it's also something you can only really pull off if you pay it off within an ongoing story where the team has learned from it. In a mini that ends right afterwards it just feels frustrating.
    I think that's a bad holdover from Fraction Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a pretty clever "fix" for Fraction Clint imo.
    Because it was really ever established by Kot in Secret Avengers.
    It's also somewhat inline with his personality in older stories like Thunderbolts were he was a clever leader but didn't sacrifice that "himbo charm" much to moonstones delight.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 01-15-2024 at 05:57 PM.

My Twitter

It's a pretty clever "fix" for Fraction Clint imo.
    Because it was really ever established by Kot in Secret Avengers.
    It's also somewhat inline with his personality in older stories like Thunderbolts were he was a clever leader but didn't sacrifice that "himbo charm" much to moonstones delight.
    Is that what we're calling it? I thought it was because he was a carnie at heart .

Astonishing Member

Its certainly a factor...but even in the classic WCA and Thunderbolts days Clint was known to take advantage of people underestimating him because they didn't think Hawkeye the hot-headed loudmouth could actually be a capable and intelligent leader.

Shocking! Oh wait no it isn't, it's Fritchman
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Its certainly a factor...but even in the classic WCA and Thunderbolts days Clint was known to take advantage of people underestimating him because they didn't think Hawkeye the hot-headed loudmouth could actually be a capable and intelligent leader.
    But that sounds better than a hot mess himbo.

Is that what we're calling it? I thought it was because he was a carnie at heart .
    ...along with being an elite showman!

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Mighty Member

But that sounds better than a hot mess himbo.
    That sounds much better wish we could get reinvented Hawkeye.

Black Widow & Hawkeye #2

When tensions between Black Widow's symbiote and Hawkeye put Clint's life in danger, Natasha will have to decide where her loyalties lie - and what she's willing to do to prove it. Meanwhile, Clint's enemies are moving in fast, and their uniforms seem awfully familiar…
    And here are some variant Covers:

My Twitter

Mighty Member

Black Widow & Hawkeye #2

And here are some variant Covers:

Oh wow, this is getting better.