Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Blood_Hunters_Vol_1_2.jpg

I don't think Clint is going to show up next issue as Kate this time lead the spotlight next even though she already show up in the Avengers tie-in run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Blood_Hunters_Vol_1_2.jpg

I don't think Clint is going to show up next issue as Kate this time lead the spotlight next even though she already show up in the Avengers tie-in run.
    Yeah, the announcement for the mini said that it was an anthology and that Dagger's story was the only one that would continue through all 4 issues.

I'm not at all surprised to see Elsa Bloodstone getting a story; she seems like a very logical character to feature in the event. I am surprised they would give separate stories to Hulk and Kate though, since both of them are being featured elsewhere in the event. The one it annoys me for though is Hulk. He has his own solo book AND he's getting a one-shot for this event. He does not need to grab up a spot in this anthology mini as well which could have gone to some other underused character who has been sitting in limbo and deserves some panel time.

I wonder if Kate's story here will involve her mother, since she turned out to be a vampire when last we saw her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yeah, the announcement for the mini said that it was an anthology and that Dagger's story was the only one that would continue through all 4 issues.
    That's very disappointing. With Black Widow and Hawkeye mini ended by June. What next for Clint after this? Please not in limbo again.

I wonder if Kate's story here will involve her mother, since she turned out to be a vampire when last we saw her.
    I had totally forgotten about that...man, Kelly Thompson did some trippy stuff with Kate's parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe I'm being overly harsh, but it's just how their dynamic has read to me where Clint gives everything to Natasha but she always feels a bit more detached to him. Like there's respect to an extent but it's a little more distant and not near as reciprocal as how Clint is with her.

I didn't like the FWB thing they had going on in Secret Empire or how their dynamic was written there.

In Tales to Astonish it felt like she ditched him for Bucky.

An Unlimited story where it felt like once again Clint follows Natasha and she ends up kind of using him (if harmlessly).

So that's just my take on it.
    Oh she's outwardly more detached than he is so to say but that's kind of just how she acts by default. I'll grant you the unlimited story, silly and ligh hearted as it was, that felt like a plot twist for a plot twist sake and it isn't like he'd have said no if she had told him it contained something of personal value. If anything he'd likely have been more open to helping immediately.
    The thing is that Nat can be a bit of a b!tch quite frankly but that's all part of her personality overall and not at all specific to Clint, she generally shows more signs of affection than to most.

Anyway I'm not saying your take is necessarily wrong or anything, I was just trying to communicate that you've been seemingly looking at from a fixed angle for a few years now that I'm not sure is what was intended with all these stories.
    We certainly agree that he's been helping her more than vice versa for a while now which is part of why I am stoked to see those particular tables turned for the anniversary mini.
    I agree there isn't really a set endgame pairing in mind--that's why I put "endgame" in quotation marks; it was just meant to convey a general sense as opposed to an actual set plan. I just get the impression that if most writers or editors were asked who they felt Tasha was most likely to end up with, it would be Bucky rather than Clint or Matt.

As for the friends-with-benefits, please don't misunderstand me to think that I am suggesting there is a lack of deep emotional connection there. My emphasis is on the "friends" part. I know people often use "friends with benefits" and "f**k buddies" interchangeably but when it comes to Clint and Natasha I am making a subtle but important distinction between those two terms. The latter is a much more a surface and physical relationship, lacking in emotional depth -- like a one-night stand that is ongoing rather than a one time thing. When I say Clint/Natasha are friends-with-benefits, I mean that their former romantic relationship turned into a very solid, very deep friendship, but it still has a physical component when they are both single and interested because those sexual sparks are still there.

I just don't see those sparks actually turning into a real romantic relationship between them again. I think both of them have moved on from the idea of them as a couple. There is still a very strong connection between them and always will be....but the idea of them actually becoming an official "couple" again just doesn't feel right to me.
    I see what you mean with that friends with benefits distinction however I don't necessarily agree either way.
    It used to be my head canon that that's what they are but honestly as short as it was in hindsight the secret empire thing feels more like a genuine romantic relationship to me without any ifs or buts.
    Buckeroos monologue at the start of Tales of Suspense kinda confirmed it for me that that was the intention (or at least that Rosenberg too read that as the intention unless he and Spencer talked).
    Between all the alt-universe relationships they had over the last few years and scenes like Natasha's "and that's part of the reason why I'll always love you" in her last solo let me see their relationship as something on equal footing to Clint/Bobbingbird and Bucks/Nat (they should do something with Bobby and Bucky to complete the circle, the amazing shipping name Bubby is right there ;p )
    Regarding the latter Thompson said something similar in interviews about how she balanced things between them without prioritising one over the other.
    Matt is actually a pretty good example of how perceptions change. In the Edmondson/Noto run he was still treated like the "endgame" partner for Natasha iirc and I honestly don't even remember them talking in like a decade now.

But oh well, this is all almost more Natasha centric than Clint centric now and this isn't her thread. In fact, I'm pretty sure she still doesn't have one which I find very odd.
    It used to be more active than Clint's.
    That's very disappointing. With Black Widow and Hawkeye mini ended by June. What next for Clint after this? Please not in limbo again.
    Yeah I didn't think he'd show up again given that it's an anthology but maybe the last issue is some team up deal.
    While I'm glad that team Hawkeye isn't really a thing anymore since it held both characters back in a storytelling sense I would not mind them meeting again.

What I find interesting is that this book still has Clint on the run if I got that right and makes me hope there are some plans in motion for the future considering that I don't see it being resolved in midst of a vampire attack.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Given that the first issue of the BLACK WIDOW AND HAWKEYE mini hasn't even hit the stands yet and the May solicits only came out a few days ago, it may be a little premature at this point to be worrying about where Clint's going to be after June.

Hopefully he'll have some more stuff coming up, but its a little early at this point for it to be announced. In the meantime we've got the miniseries and the BLOOD HUNTERS story to look forward to.

I'd honestly be very happy if he simply rejoined the Avengers when all that is said and done.
    It's been too long since he was an official member and interacted with many of his peers.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I'd honestly be very happy if he simply rejoined the Avengers when all that is said and done.
    It's been too long since he was an official member and interacted with many of his peers.
    I would love to see him back on the Avengers roster as well...either in the current book, or start up a 2nd Avengers team again.

I'd love to see Mackay write him on the team and to have him finally sport the mask that suit so deserves.

While a second team isn't necessarily bad there's no telling how long it would stick around. Most likely it would be a mini first anyway like so many current books are.
    And even then there's the chance that the second team is going to be considered the secondary team and I'd honestly prefer seeing him in the mainline squad again.
    Next to the heavy hitters.

My Twitter

While a second team isn't necessarily bad there's no telling how long it would stick around. Most likely it would be a mini first anyway like so many current books are.
    And even then there's the chance that the second team is going to be considered the secondary team and I'd honestly prefer seeing him in the mainline squad again.
    Next to the heavy hitters.
    I don't want a secondary team that just gets a mini like the Thunderolts but sometimes it's the only chance characters who don't make it to the main team have to get any spotlight.

Does the Uncanny Avengers book still exist? That might be a good substitute.
    He doesn't really have close ties to most X-Men characters but that can be changed.

My Twitter

Mighty Member

Does the Uncanny Avengers book still exist? That might be a good substitute.
    He doesn't really have close ties to most X-Men characters but that can be changed.
    That book basically serves as a plot-driven for "Fall of X" event. But since a new status quo is on the way, Uncanny Avengers is unlikely return since Steve is back on the regular book unless he got his own team book yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love to see Mackay write him on the team and to have him finally sport the mask that suit so deserves.
    I know, right?! Probably the only highlight from Clint's recent run with "The New T-Bolts"

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Well, the Powers Act has been repealed, so that Thunderbolts team is officially done. Nothing to stop Clint wearing his mask now as he can go back to being an independent vigilante.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman