Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I will probably be the lone voice to say this on this thread, but I actually liked Hawkeye's 1994 mini-series. At the very least, Scott Kolins art was pretty good at least.
    with ROVER!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Nothing new in general -- several characters have had flings off-panel that we only hear about after the fact in dialogue. Examples include a Luke Cage/Black Cat hook-up, or a Jessica Drew/Tony Stark fling, or Hercules/Northstar, etc. At least the Clint/Linda relationship got to play out on-panel, even if it started off-panel.

As for Clint/Bobbi, given that their reunion was already set-up in the Zub THUNDERBOLTS mini and given the on-again/off-again history Clint and Bobbi have had over the years, I wouldn't put them getting back together again in quite the same category as other off-panel hook-ups.
    Zuh wuh...?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zuh wuh...?
    It was mentioned in a passing line of dialogue years ago in Hudlin's BLACK PANTHER run, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    with ROVER!
    I disliked that mini, but this character belongs in the Obscure thread for sure.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I will probably be the lone voice to say this on this thread, but I actually liked Hawkeye's 1994 mini-series. At the very least, Scott Kolins art was pretty good at least.
    For what it's worth, Kolins killed it (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

It's been a while but I remember liking it. I actually enjoy it when Clint gets a good lone wolf tale even if nowadays I really need him to reconnect with several characters more than anything else.
    Like when's the last time he had a good one on one talk with Steve or so?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I disliked that mini, but this character belongs in the Obscure thread for sure.
    I considered it, but wasn't sure Rover qualifies for the "want to return" portion...

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    It was mentioned in a passing line of dialogue years ago in Hudlin's BLACK PANTHER run, IIRC.
    ...Not really sure what to think of that.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    For what it's worth, Kolins killed it (IMHO):

Thats some badassery right there. Great art.

My non spoilery thoughts on issue #2 of Black Widow # Hawkeye is that it truly doesn't feel like the halfway point but that is the curse of all these short mini runs marvel churns out.
    spoilers:
    With Clint being so insistent that Natasha leaves, her being so sure he's lying and it all being related to a russian politician I feel like whatever we aren't being told is related to her in some way. The identity of our BBEG hints at that too I'd say.
    The symbiote hating Clint is pretty entertaining as I'd hoped it would be. I'm gonna need more of that.
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Thats some badassery right there. Great art.
    I know, right?! Badassery at its finest.

I mean, Kolins' artwork has evolved greatly since then. But, I'll always be partial towards his work from the '90s (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-17-2024 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Mighty Member

I mean, Kolins' artwork has evolved greatly since then. But, I'll always be partial towards his work from the '90s (XD)

Yes, Marvel please bring back classic costume it looks great. Enough with the t-shirt and sunglasses look.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Yes, Marvel please bring back classic costume it looks great. Enough with the t-shirt and sunglasses look.
    Luckily the shirt and sunglasses combo has been retired since Thunderbolts 2022.
    He's appeared everywhere in purple and blue since just still without a mask.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I want to see a live action version of those boots and mask. Perhaps with the innovation of DEADPOOL&WOLVERINE, it will become popular.