Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I do find it interesting that it is the Shroud (I see we aren't spoiler coding?, ok).
    The Hunters Moon part of the story was really great!

VoMK4_Shroud.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Well....Apparently Mackay has a Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe Omnibus edition in his home.

1.The Shroud's claim to fame is that he can summon darkness at will and create shapes with it, but the shapes have no mass. He also has a mystical sense of perception that allows him to see in total darkness within a radius of 100 feet. Eat your heart out Daredevil.

2.He was the leader of the Night Shift, an organization far cooler than the Midnight Mission. The Night Shift were a group of villains who were unknowingly being used by Shroud to take out other villains. Shroud did this by letting them keep their ill gotten gains.

I always felt that Moonknight was just a great costume in search of an interesting person to wear it. Now the person wearing it is too interesting for this book.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    They've had interactions, while Spector was a member of the West Coast Avengers

Pretty cool. Maybe McKay will reference this scene in the upcoming issues.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Pretty cool. Maybe McKay will reference this scene in the upcoming issues.
    Hell, yeah! That'd be Totally Awesome!!

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I also want to say that the darkness the Shroud summons isn't regular darkness. It's darkness pulled from another freaking dimension and is magical.

His darkness isn't simply the absence of light. It is the negation of light. No form of illumination can exist in it! I'm seeing people online acting underwhelmed, Y'ALL BETTER PUT SOME RESPECT ON THE SHROUD'S NAME!

He studied with an ancient cult for seven years and when he completed his training HIS FACE WAS BRANDED WITH A HOT IRON.

To begin his career as a crime fighter he decided to hunt down and kill Dr. Doom. Let that sink in. That was the first thing he wanted to do, and that was before he started using his dark abilities. The confrontation went like this...

The Shroud: I trained with a badass cult and had my face disfigured upon completing my training.

Doctor Doom: For Real Dawg?! I too trained with a badass cult and my face was also disfigured. I can sense your awesomeness. Let's just fight the Red Skull.

Shroud: Awww Yeah!

The Shroud then want in to absorb the full bombardment of a hypnosis ray meant to enslave all of humanity BY HIMSELF! He went crazy far awhile but then unlocked has darkness ability.

He has also dunked on Michael Jordan repeatedly. Here is picture by the late Mark Bright. The_shroud.jpg
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-06-2024 at 07:55 PM. Reason: The Shroud is way too interesting to be Moon Knight
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I always felt that Moonknight was just a great costume in search of an interesting person to wear it. Now the person wearing it is too interesting for this book.
    Ehhh not dogging Shroud but Marc has long since been an interesting character.

The MK costume wasn't in search of an interesting person, its already found that person for decades now.

Marc is very interesting and not dissing on Shroud, just saying Marc is plenty of interesting. You don't get continually published cause writers and fans don't find said character intriguing.
    Where are the hundreds of interesting Shoud ongoings, minis and inclusions of event stories I've missed over the last few decades. Did his D+ tv show launch yet?

The Shroud has been C-list since his creation. That being said, he has a unique take on superheroics and a great look.

It's a pity that he's been written as somewhat delusional (and borderline stalkerish) in the last decade or so.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The Shroud has been C-list since his creation. That being said, he has a unique take on superheroics and a great look.

It's a pity that he's been written as somewhat delusional (and borderline stalkerish) in the last decade or so.
    He was borderline suicidal under Waid, IIRC.

So he fits right in, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Marc is very interesting and not dissing on Shroud, just saying Marc is plenty of interesting. You don't get continually published cause writers and fans don't find said character intriguing. Where are the hundreds of interesting Shoud ongoings, minis and inclusions of event stories I've missed over the last few decades. Did his D+ tv show launch yet?

Comics is a visual medium. Moon Knight looks really cool. That's it IMHO. What keeps him around is the look. You can't let a cool look like that go to waste. The character is the comic equivalent of those strawberries you buy at the farmers market, you don't really like strawberries but they look so delicious and then you end up forcing yourself to eat them because you don't want them to go to waste.

Ultimate Member

Comics is a visual medium. Moon Knight looks really cool. That's it IMHO. What keeps him around is the look. You can't let a cool look like that go to waste. The character is the comic equivalent of those strawberries you buy at the farmers market, you don't really like strawberries but they look so delicious and then you end up forcing yourself to eat them because you don't want them to go to waste.
    Comics are a visual medium, but that's not the entirety of their appeal. Character matters a great deal, and Marc had that in spades.

^^^^^^
    Exactly. Marc is a great character and if one doesn't grasp that, ok. I'm only giving pushing back that that opinion isn't true for(and I dare say) all of those in a MK Appreciation fan thread.

Re: Shroud
    He is a character that has a backstory and skillset that I feel fits the description of @Anthony W much more so. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Jed overhauls Max Coleridge to the point we are all talking about him in a similar vein as we do 8-Ball. A low lying character who works better with/post Jed's handling than before.

Now I want Julia Carpenter to show up...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was just going to say that!! (Besides, she could use a good writer doing something with her.)
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would be great. She's had some nice moments in SPIDER-WOMAN lately, but given her history with Shroud it would be awesome to see her here. Plus she's got a little bit of history with Tigra too from the West Coast Avengers day (Tigra was actually the one who nominated Julia for membership).

It would also be nice to see the Night Shift show up. Obviously they have a major connection with Shroud, but they were also recurring villains in a previous MOON KNIGHT run (the Bendis run) -- so they could be fun to revisit here.