Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default So, who is the new guy?

Before the series started, there were two main candidates for the new Moon Knight (who I like to call MK2.0): Zodiac and a "brought-back wrong" Marc.

But now that we've seen him in action, I am 99% certain he is someone else. Let's look at the evidence we have so far:

1. He can think rationally & tactically (that pepper thing is not something a raging berserker would think of.)
    2. He sees his crusade as a holy mission, almost an obsession.
    3. His face is somehow shocking, so he doesn't want to reveal it.
    4. He can fight in a cape. Not a big fact, but a notable one.
    5. And, most notably, he has Darkforce powers. But we know from the Blood Hunt preview who he isn't...

Add all these elements together, and one candidate jumps to the top of the list:

spoilers:
    Maximillian Coleridge, a.k.a. the Shroud.
    end of spoilers

Further thoughts:

spoilers:
    The fact that he has a history with Marc & Greer from the WCA days is added evidence.

Jed even stuck him in the background of an early issue.

I suspect that Zodiac may still be involved, either through brainwashing or some sort of extortion.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    What issue was he a background character?
    Also, his "beliefs" had him at one time in the Cult of Kali (Hindu). Seems a conflict barring context.

Plus side, he is such a low level hero that I'm sure Jed is able to do what he might want with said character IF this is who MK2.0 might be.
    Could he manipulate Zodiac though, Zodiac has a high opinion of himself and might not think he could be.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I had my money on Zodiac but the way the Mission reacted to the new MK messes that up with them having some sort of deal
    Last edited by Steroid; 03-12-2024 at 02:09 PM.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    What issue was he a background character?
    Also, his "beliefs" had him at one time in the Cult of Kali (Hindu). Seems a conflict barring context.

Plus side, he is such a low level hero that I'm sure Jed is able to do what he might want with said character IF this is who MK2.0 might be.
    Could he manipulate Zodiac though, Zodiac has a high opinion of himself and might not think he could be.
    True. I suspect there might be some brainwashing going on. Then again, MK2.0 hasn't mentioned Khonshu yet, so maybe it's not that sort of "work".

He appeared in issue #7 when Marc entered the Bar With No Name and sat down. As he was the only really recognizable character in that crowd shot, I can't help but wonder if it was scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    True. I suspect there might be some brainwashing going on. Then again, MK2.0 hasn't mentioned Khonshu yet, so maybe it's not that sort of "work".

He appeared in issue #7 when Marc entered the Bar With No Name and sat down. As he was the only really recognizable character in that crowd shot, I can't help but wonder if it was scripted.
    Indeed. Here's proof...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Incredible Member

I'm gonna go with the theory that Khonshu is the new Moon Knight. Marc died, Khonshu took his body, is now physically acting as his own avatar.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    That has been my theory as well. It then serves as a backdoor for getting Khonshu out of "god prison", Marc's body is his 'Rita Hayworth' poster.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The only reason I ruled Khonshu out was the pepper trick. Divine beings simply don't think like that.

That's someone who is used to finding creative solutions for mundane problems. I.e., a mortal.

Incredible Member

Just read the Blood Lines preview, and unless I am misreading it, it looks like this new Moon Knight is Darkforce connected. I'm still leaning towards it being Khonshu in Marc's body, but now I am a little less certain.

Mighty Member

Great issue! Been my second favorite book out behind Blade. Also finally the reveal!

It's nice that I guessed right, but I'm not sure if the fact that I'm starting to understand how Jed thinks is a good thing or a bad one. ;-)

A great issue. A nice examination of Hunter's Moon. I'm surprised Jed revealed the identity so soon. I was expecting this storyline to go on at least 12 issues. So, I'm glad it was revealed. Still, was the reveal that amazing? Hmmm, we'll see what the next issue says.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I'm glad they pulled back the shroud so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'm glad they pulled back the shroud so quickly.
    Is there a connection between Moon Knight and the Shroud? Just want to know why The Shroud would be so willing to take up this mantle.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Is there a connection between Moon Knight and the Shroud? Just want to know why The Shroud would be so willing to take up this mantle.
    They've had interactions, while Spector was a member of the West Coast Avengers

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."