Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It will light back up in June when he gets his spotlight
    Hope they don't get a Jaytim shipper to write it this time.......

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Hope they don't get a Jaytim shipper to write it this time.......
    Unless you know some salacious gossip that's not known to comic readers...ie me.
    Tim's last attempt at a new mantle was written by a Tim/Steph shipper. Bendis came up with Drake.

Did you come across some JayTim content by Bendis? Can you share dets?

Mighty Member

Was referring to the writer of his Pride story with Connor Hawke last year, Nadia Shammas

shammas.jpg

Explains a LOT

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It will light back up in June when he gets his spotlight
    What will happen on June to give Tim the spotlight? Has a new comic been announced?

Was referring to the writer of his Pride story with Connor Hawke last year, Nadia Shammas

shammas.jpg

Explains a LOT
    I thought she was a geopolitical expert on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, I didn't know she also wrote comics

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    What will happen on June to give Tim the spotlight? Has a new comic been announced?
    oh, sweet summer child

Incredible Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Good art.

Great looking costume.

but...it's looking backward...not the way forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    oh, sweet summer child

Now I've understand why do everyone expect Tim to be relevant on June.

However, Tim seems pretty absent from Pride celebration in June 2024 solicitations (he is just on some variant covers).
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-21-2024 at 09:57 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Now I've understand why do everyone expect Tim to be relevant on June.

However, Tim seems pretty absent from Pride celebration in June 2024 solicitations (he is just on some variant covers).
    Yeah that seems odd given that you'd expect a bi Robin to be in every year. Like Jon(since he came out) and Jackson have been every year

Makes me wonder if they'll drop Bernard soon

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    This is pretty rad!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Yeah that seems odd given that you'd expect a bi Robin to be in every year. Like Jon(since he came out) and Jackson have been every year

Makes me wonder if they'll drop Bernard soon
    Tbh, it’s probably because people don’t like Bernard.

I saw that thread where the topic is why Tim’s getting so much hate, and I think there’s just nothing DC is actually doing to lift this character. Instead they let Bernard get thrown at him from literally out of nowhere and he’s not even a good character. I won’t touch anything from that writer or anything that has Bernard in it because he’s just not a good character and I don’t want to give the impression that it’s okay for him to stay in the books.

DC doesn’t know really what to do with Tim and it’s just such a shame. I kind of feel that they got his initial pride issues out and now Tim just feels like that meme. There’s a bi Robin and now they feel they don’t have to do anything with him except put him in some variants now and then to pretend they care.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post

I saw that thread where the topic is why Tim’s getting so much hate, and I think there’s just nothing DC is actually doing to lift this character. Instead they let Bernard get thrown at him from literally out of nowhere and he’s not even a good character. I won’t touch anything from that writer or anything that has Bernard in it because he’s just not a good character and I don’t want to give the impression that it’s okay for him to stay in the books.

DC doesn’t know really what to do with Tim and it’s just such a shame. I kind of feel that they got his initial pride issues out and now Tim just feels like that meme. There’s a bi Robin and now they feel they don’t have to do anything with him except put him in some variants now and then to pretend they care.
    I hope so. He needs to go.

^^^SO well put. Upvote.

Astonishing Member

I feel the disastrous run for Tim Drake: Robin comic really sour DC about the "Bi Robin" concept. It seems that DC don't see Bi Robin as profitable anymore (even on Pride month).

Don't misunderstand me, DC didn't know what to do with Tim before making him Bi (which is likely the reason why they make Tim Bi to start). It just feel they have really lost any faith on the current concept.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-25-2024 at 05:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I saw that thread where the topic is why Tim’s getting so much hate, and I think there’s just nothing DC is actually doing to lift this character. Instead they let Bernard get thrown at him from literally out of nowhere and he’s not even a good character.
    The problem is anyway that what ever character they pair with Tim, that pairing will always have to compare against the pairing of Tim with Steph, and that is a pretty high bar to clear I think.