Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    All-New Member YouKnowItMakesSense's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which he dropped out of his senior year of high school to do, yeah. In contrast to Steph who was in college at the same time in her Batgirl series (she's a year older than him).
    Well he did also spend a year living with Bruce doing Thogal so I assume went back to school at the year behind where he should have been, so Tim was probably 18 in RR.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Very curious how many of you think Tim will get skip in DCU ? Like if anything unless they streamline the timeline like new 52 did Tim unless Bruce got at least Tim was recently the new Robin before Damian
    Here’s what I think -

A) Tim ain’t making any appearance if he’s thought of as “the 2nd archetypal Robin” the way that some comic creators think of hi recently; that’s the perspective that makes him “redundant.”

B) Since Damian will be the main Robin, Tim would probably only make an appearance if he can be a complementary member of the ensemble for Damian, with the emphasis on their contrasts and relationship.

C) So, if Tim *did* make an appearance, you’d probably see them lean heavily into the mildly antagonistic relationship he had with Damian and their rivalry for comedy and for dramatic character work with Damian, with Tim being played up as the responsible and well-behaved middle child with a feud with ambitious but rambunctious “baby” of the family Damian, with both their insecurities played up but Damian’s emphasized.

It comes down to what helps Damian - if you want to explore family dynamics, than Tim could bring a different dynamic than Dick (the loving and patient eldest brother) or Jason (the rebel “bad role model” older brother).

But he still would depend on how he interacts with Damian, in my opinion.

So, I don’t see “Tim Drake is the other Robin!” having a chance in hell, and weirdly, I could see “Tim Drake is the paranoid goody-two-shoes-with-a-dark-side Red Robin/Other Alias, and he and Damian fight like cats and dogs!” as the only real shot he’d have.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    C) So, if Tim *did* make an appearance, you’d probably see them lean heavily into the mildly antagonistic relationship he had with Damian and their rivalry for comedy and for dramatic character work with Damian, with Tim being played up as the responsible and well-behaved middle child with a feud with ambitious but rambunctious “baby” of the family Damian, with both their insecurities played up but Damian’s emphasized.
    I should mention it's always possible they make Dick or Jason to fill the "antagonistic relationship" role. So, Tim may don't even have that role.

This time Dick won't be Damian's mentor, since that role will likely fall on Bruce. So, I wouldn't be surprised Dick's role would be more antagonistic to Damian (as the DCAU)

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I should mention it's always possible they make Dick or Jason to fill the "antagonistic relationship" role. So, Tim may don't even have that role.

This time Dick won't be Damian's mentor, since that role will likely fall on Bruce. So, I wouldn't be surprised Dick's role would be more antagonistic to Damian (as the DCAU)
    Well, Jason and Damian, despite having quite a bit in common, have rarely gotten along.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, Jason and Damian, despite having quite a bit in common, have rarely gotten along.
    But that's usually more one sided, Jason doesn't seem to have much of problem with Damian.

I also wouldn't expect Jason to be arround as Red Hood in the first movie.

Astonishing Member

Dick/Damian dynamics is highlight of Morrison's run, that Gunn likes so much. I really doubt he's going down this route.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Dick/Damian dynamics is highlight of Morrison's run, that Gunn likes so much. I really doubt he's going down this route.
    However, the movie is about Bruce and Damian. So, if Gunn likes so much the Dick/Damian dynamic by Morrison, it's more likely he will try to copy the dynamic on Bruce/Damian.

Honestly, I just doubt DC or WB wants Damian to have a close relationship with Dick when they want to focus on Bruce and Damian's relationship.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-13-2024 at 05:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Here’s what I think -

A) Tim ain’t making any appearance if he’s thought of as “the 2nd archetypal Robin” the way that some comic creators think of hi recently; that’s the perspective that makes him “redundant.”

B) Since Damian will be the main Robin, Tim would probably only make an appearance if he can be a complementary member of the ensemble for Damian, with the emphasis on their contrasts and relationship.

It comes down to what helps Damian - if you want to explore family dynamics, than Tim could bring a different dynamic than Dick (the loving and patient eldest brother) or Jason (the rebel “bad role model” older brother).

But he still would depend on how he interacts with Damian, in my opinion.

So, I don’t see “Tim Drake is the other Robin!” having a chance in hell, and weirdly, I could see “Tim Drake is the paranoid goody-two-shoes-with-a-dark-side Red Robin/Other Alias, and he and Damian fight like cats and dogs!” as the only real shot he’d have.
    he could also be swapped wth duke

Extraordinary Member

However, the movie is about Bruce and Damian. So, if Gunn likes so much the Dick/Damian dynamic by Morrison, it's more likely he will try to copy the dynamic on Bruce/Damian.

Honestly, I just doubt DC or WB wants Damian to have a close relationship with Dick when they want to focus on Bruce and Damian's relationship.
    bruce and damian dont always se eye to eye
    dick can be an alternative confidant dor damian when he needs someone. early damian didnt have many positive relationships they woudnt leave it out

Well to be fair if the rumor is true on the titans we still could see dick/ Damian's relationship if he is included in the titans movie

All together even if the batfam is showing up I also doubt we will get to spend too much time with all of them. Like depending on what they do with Tim or the others I doubt they will be there for too long maybe the part the long about Damian and the ending
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-18-2024 at 10:35 PM.

Mighty Member

By Hallsth_Eien. Little Amazing Spider-Man 2 reference:

Amarkareem2 comm.jpg
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 02-23-2024 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    By Hallsth_Eien. Little Amazing Spider-Man 2 reference:

Amarkareem2 comm.jpg
    I love the art style .

Mighty Member

Astonishing Member

I really miss the days when we would try to create new identities for Tim.

I guess we've all given up hope that DC will stop @#$%&!ing us.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I really miss the days when we would try to create new identities for Tim.

I guess we've all given up hope that DC will stop @#$%&!ing us.
    It will light back up in June when he gets his spotlight