Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I feel the disastrous run for Tim Drake: Robin comic really sour DC about the "Bi Robin" concept. It seems that DC don't see Bi Robin as profitable anymore (even on Pride month).

Don't misunderstand me, DC didn't know what to do with Tim before making him Bi (which is likely the reason why they make Tim Bi to start). It just feel they have really lost any faith on the current concept.
    I mean he still is on the covers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The problem is anyway that what ever character they pair with Tim, that pairing will always have to compare against the pairing of Tim with Steph, and that is a pretty high bar to clear I think.
    Why do you think they were doing stuff like making Steph a Bernard fangirl, and trying to make Timsteph look bad and generally avoided having them interact meaningfully

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    I mean he still is on the covers
    Along many other LGBTQ+ characters. I'm just saying DC doesn't seem to find the "Bi Robin" concept so profitable anymore.

Don't misunderstand me, Tim will continue to be Bi. That's a decision DC can't come back.

Mighty Member

Along many other LGBTQ+ characters. I'm just saying DC doesn't seem to find the "Bi Robin" concept so profitable anymore.

Don't misunderstand me, Tim will continue to be Bi. That's a decision DC can't come back.
    I just hope Bernard gets dropped ASAP. They must know fans didn't respond well to him despite the trying so hard.

Spotted something meme-worthy in the Doctor Who episode title announcements. The second one was announced by showing a book with the episode's title on it, The Devil's Chord... and what's apparently it's owner's name - Timothy Drake! I expect to see the jokes about Robin in the Whoniverse start flooding in...
    https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/sta...28938942521412
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

It can not be profitable if you put out horrible stories with him.

See the issue with this at DC (and Marvel at times) is they think you can just toss whatever you want out there and think that is all you need to do.

It doesn't work out that way.

If DC was to put a Batman book with Tim and Duke as his partners. Yeah it will get some attention at first.
    HOWEVER if the book comes out and BOTH of them do nothing but stand in background or WORST only appear in one panel (Like Duke did in most of Tom King's run). Guess what happens?

You'll get great sales on volume (trade) 1. You get maybe decent sales on volume 2. You will be lucky to sniff ok sales in volume 3.
    By volume 3 if it is selling-that is due to BATMAN. You have lost the sales you would have gotten with the other two.
    I am not paying for those two in the background. I am not ordering that book for my school.

Far too long DC and Marvel have done that. Given folks wallpaper in books.

There is a reason Storm fans went nuts over X-Men Red and Coates Black Panther-she did more in both those books than the last previous 20 years of X-Men.

Folks want substance and not pandering. Screaming you got a bi Robin and you do as little as possible with him-VARAIANT covers. Doesn't help.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If DC was to put a Batman book with Tim and Duke as his partners. Yeah it will get some attention at first.
    HOWEVER if the book comes out and BOTH of them do nothing but stand in background or WORST only appear in one panel (Like Duke did in most of Tom King's run). Guess what happens?

You'll get great sales on volume (trade) 1. You get maybe decent sales on volume 2. You will be lucky to sniff ok sales in volume 3.
    By volume 3 if it is selling-that is due to BATMAN. You have lost the sales you would have gotten with the other two.
    I am not paying for those two in the background. I am not ordering that book for my school.
    I'm pretty sure DC doesn't expect Duke or Tim will increase Batman sales on a significant level. Batman is the best selling DC comic, so the amount of additional people who will buy the book for another character is likely minimal.

If DC put Tim or another character on the Batman book tend to be an attempt to increase awareness about that character.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-31-2024 at 10:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It can not be profitable if you put out horrible stories with him.

See the issue with this at DC (and Marvel at times) is they think you can just toss whatever you want out there and think that is all you need to do.

It doesn't work out that way.

Far too long DC and Marvel have done that. Given folks wallpaper in books.

There is a reason Storm fans went nuts over X-Men Red and Coates Black Panther-she did more in both those books than the last previous 20 years of X-Men.
    Exactly this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.