Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Bat rant 2024: opinions

Happy New Year , over the last year I have slowly become disappointed with the whole Batman family so here are my opinions:

1.Dick Grayson should have stayed a spy

2.Tim Drake should be the new Nightwing

3.Jason Todd should be Red X

4.Huntress of the JSA should have a better costume preferably the new 52 version (only good thing from that era)

5. Barbara Gordon should be leader of Birds of Prey & Harley Quinn should be on the Suicide Squad

6.Elizabeth Kane should not be a joke

7. Outsiders should not wear costumes especially Bat costumes since it's not a "Bat Thing"
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Dick would lose his mantle to Tim, and one of his plots to Jason. No thanks.
    Babs should be leader of the BofP, but Harley should just go to hell.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The Batfamily peaked with Knightfall. That was in 1993. They failed to back the family up with quality writing time and time again. The current one is a joke.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Dick would lose his mantle to Tim, and one of his plots to Jason. No thanks.
    Babs should be leader of the BofP, but Harley should just go to hell.
    Grayson was a great book that should’ve went longer it was great 2 see him exploring parts of the DCU that he didn’t usually see plus Amanda Waller is up 2 something
    Like the idea of Tim as Nightwing or maybe Red X
    Agree that Harley Quinn should marry Deadpool and move to Image or the Walking Dead
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Happy New Year , over the last year I have slowly become disappointed with the whole Batman family so here are my opinions:

7. Outsiders should not wear costumes especially Bat costumes since it's not a "Bat Thing"

6 - Elizabeth is a joke?

7 - Hm, I think this might be in part due to a misquote going around. It's more a case of it being not a "Batman Thing" rather than a "Bat Thing". In #1 Kate even insist that Drummer calls her "Batwoman" instead of "Ms. Kane" I'll post the pages from #1 where it came up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    6 - Elizabeth is a joke?
    I think Captain Britan meant Bette Kane a.k.a. Flamebird a.k.a. Hawkfire.

If so, I agree Bette should not be a joke...or ignored.

also...

Tim, Luke and Kathy Kane need new names.

The Batfamily is getting too big. We need to bring back Earth 1 (JSA) and Earth 2 (JLA) to accommodate and divide the number. (We should have never lost Earths 1, 2 and 3 anyway.)

Incredible Member

1.Dick Grayson should have stayed a spy

2.Tim Drake should be the new Nightwing

3.Jason Todd should be Red X

4.Huntress of the JSA should have a better costume preferably the new 52 version (only good thing from that era)

5. Barbara Gordon should be leader of Birds of Prey & Harley Quinn should be on the Suicide Squad

Actually I like the idea that Dick worked really well as a spy . I forget I think he was working for Spyral , and was working with Helena too .
    Something needs to be done about Tim , he could be Nightwing or another code name .
    Also agree that Outsiders should not be a Bat thing , unless Bruce has his money back and financing them .
    Barbara leading the Birds of Prey is a good idea .

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Loved Grayson and wish the run had been longer.
    Tim does need a new name but not Nightwing. Dick shouldn't have to keep passing his hero legacoes to his bros. Let the Robins find their own paths.

The same with Red X. Jason as Red Hood doesn't need a change of name, he just needs DC to commit to a direction and stick to it.

Tim can’t even cut it as Robin anymore so I’m not sure why people think a new name or sticking him in someone else’s persona is gonna help him at this point. I guess if they want Nightwing to fail too that would be a good idea.

Dick Grayson, Nightwing is one of the Goats. Why ruin this by giving the mental to Tim ???? Batfamily was at their best in No Man's Land Event in my opinion. Batfamily was really coherant in it. I still like Dick, Cassandra and Barbara, but reading Batfamily really annoys me today. May be they past their experation date, may be it is time for some lone Batman. Don't get rid of Nightwing though, he can do his own thing in his own book in Blüdhaven. Batman and Nightwing are my two favorite DC Characters.
    Last edited by out of control; 01-04-2024 at 02:32 AM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I think Captain Britan meant Bette Kane a.k.a. Flamebird a.k.a. Hawkfire.

If so, I agree Bette should not be a joke...or ignored.
    Ah, that makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Also agree that Outsiders should not be a Bat thing , unless Bruce has his money back and financing them .
    Kelly and Lanzing apparently wanted to do the set of stories that they are doing in Outsiders for a while now - but as for which characters they actually had in mind I don't know. Apparently DC Editorial told them to use Kate and Luke. If I can be bothered finding the interviews with the writers again I might do it, later.

Mighty Member

Loved Grayson it was a fun comic and should have lasted longer but ultimately it should have been an AU .

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Tim can’t even cut it as Robin anymore so I’m not sure why people think a new name or sticking him in someone else’s persona is gonna help him at this point. I guess if they want Nightwing to fail too that would be a good idea.
    Too many people see giving Tim the Nightwing identity as a quick fix to help the character regain prominence, Tim should get a new name.

Dick should still be a spy, but as Nightwing! He can be both. Just have Nightwing an espionage character. The batfamily already has too many street level detectives running around. Have Nightwing take on espionage missions for the batfamily or Titans or JL. Hell Spyral could become his own "league of assassins" he needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Loved Grayson it was a fun comic and should have lasted longer but ultimately it should have been an AU .
    I don't know. Nightwing the globetrotting espionage hero sounds like a better concept than Nightwing the street detective hero. The batfamily is full of street deceptive already. I just believe Nightwing would have better luck as a solo character with the mainstream audience and media if he had a better concept and sandbox

Seeley's Rebirth run is pretty good when it is not set in Bludhaven so yeah, Nightwing as a globetrotting hero can totally work.