Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Greer Grant Nelson: Tigra Appreciation 2024

Happy New Year, Tigra fans. It's a new thread for everyone to enjoy.

Tigra first appeared The Cat #1 as The Cat in August 1972. Her first appearance as Tigra occurred in Giant Size Creatures #1 in April 1974.

The information that I have lists Tigra as being 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing in at 180 pounds. Different sites or information magazines may differ on this.

Tigra's powers include superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, reflexes, and senses. She also has tiger like claws and fangs. She also has some form of empathy.
    Tigra gains these powers from a cat amulet that she wears around her neck. The amulet was given to her by The Cat People.
    EDIT: I was wrong. The cat amulet let's Tigra switch back from her cat form to her regular human woman

Greer has a deceased husband named William. Her son is also named William.

Tigra has been a member of the Avengers, Avengers West Coast, and Defenders. She was also associated with the 50 state initiative.

Greer is currently taking care of her son and helping Moon Knight.

If I got something wrong or forgot something just correct my in this thread.

There you have it Tigra fans. A fun new thread for your favorite furrie!
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-03-2024 at 07:31 AM.

Happy New Year 2024 Greer Grant Nelson The Cat/Tigra and to her fans!

I am so glad we have a Tigra Appreciation page.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Happy New Year 2024 Greer Grant Nelson The Cat/Tigra and to her fans!

I am so glad we have a Tigra Appreciation page.
    Well, I figured that someone besides myself might like to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Well, I figured that someone besides myself might like to have one.
    Yes, I am and thank you for making it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I am and thank you for making it.
    Ya, I Know. I would post some pictures here to celebrate the thread, but my device doesn't like to. That's why I had to settle for starting the thread with the little mini bio instead of some cool art.

Astonishing Member

She also has some form of empathy.
    Tigra gains these powers from a cat amulet that she wears around her neck. The amulet was given to her by The Cat People.
    Thank you for the thread! I've been a big fan since first learning of the Cat/Tigra in Avengers #144 -- which was the debut of Hellcat (love Patsy, but thought Greer looked better in the outfit).

A little clarification on your post. The amulet currently allows Tigra to transform back into Greer. At times, it's been stated that the Greer form is only an illusion, but other times it's an actual physical transformation. The empathy powers were there before she was transformed into a cat person. So even as Greer, she has abilties on par with Spider-Man, but not quite to his degree. As Tigra, her speed, agility and strength are easily on par with Spidey's.

Greer's form of empathy (which is rarely shown in stories) allows her to detect injuries in other beings (including animals). I would guess that this also enables her to read a person's emotional status.

I know she's been a supporting character in the new Moon Knight series, and will be part of the team in the upcoming Blood Hunt series (Avengers -related title featuring vampires as the antagonists).

Ultimate Member

William survived another year, too! Yay!

Happy New Year to Tigra and her fans !

I'm so happy Jed Mackay has been doing great work with her in Moon Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

A little clarification on your post. The amulet currently allows Tigra to transform back into Greer. At times, it's been stated that the Greer form is only an illusion, but other times it's an actual physical transformation. The empathy powers were there before she was transformed into a cat person. So even as Greer, she has abilties on par with Spider-Man, but not quite to his degree. As Tigra, her speed, agility and strength are easily on par with Spidey's.

Greer's form of empathy (which is rarely shown in stories) allows her to detect injuries in other beings (including animals). I would guess that this also enables her to read a person's emotional status.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I have altered the original post.

Man, Tigra was pretty vicious in this week's Vengeance of the Moon Knight #1. She really went hard on that captive of hers who she blamed for Moon Knight's death. I guess that grieving for a loved one will do that to a person.

Is Tigra usually this vicious with her claws and fangs? It looked like she really cut that guy up.

Man, Tigra was pretty vicious in this week's Vengeance of the Moon Knight #1. She really went hard on that captive of hers who she blamed for Moon Knight's death. I guess that grieving for a loved one will do that to a person.

Is Tigra usually this vicious with her claws and fangs? It looked like she really cut that guy up.
    She went to town on The Hood once.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the Hood's people, but yeah

Astonishing Member

Here's a late Christmas present for all of you Greer/Cat fans -- the unprinted final issue of 'Claws of the Cat' on Tom Brevoot's blog -- including comments by Kurt Buiek: https://tombrevoort.com/2023/04/29/t...he-lost-issue/
    Last edited by kcekada; 01-05-2024 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, the Hood's people, but yeah
    All right, this would probably be after the Hood beat her and left her head laying open eyed in a pool of her own blood then.

Thank you both.

All right, this would probably be after the Hood beat her and left her head laying open eyed in a pool of her own blood then.

Thank you both.
    Yeah, they had "redeem" the abuse she suffered when The Hood used her as an example to the superhero community during that storyline.
    Happy the visuals of MOON KNIGHT found a working medium between the swimsuit look and more covered suits she's worn. Tigra said it herself, he tiger striped body is her costume.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.